on 11 July 2014
I have been running with these shoes for five months now. I used them as my primary running shoes, average 25k per week, while occasionally using another running shoe (an Asics Kayano) in between to give this one a breather.

My previous running shoes were mostly Asic Kayanos which are perhaps the best running shoes for overpronators I have ever used. BUT they have one major common problem. Their netting material surface above the big toe would always rip open over a very short time. Also, stitching would come off too soon. This happened with every Kayano model I've worn. They would look horrid over too short a time.

With the Brooks Beast, no such problem after five months of wear. Stitching and durability knock the Asics Kayano out of the park in this aspect. They still look great and I still feel a pride in wearing them even as a fashionably attractive pair of trainers.

I have widish feet and these shoes accommodate them perfectly.

Support-wise, they are great. They may not be as luxury cushioned as an Asics Kayano but they are cushioned sufficiently and I have not had any problems with achilles tendon etc which was an issue for me before I was educated in wearing the right type of running shoe.

Now for the negative. These shoes have poor grip on wet or slippery surfaces. If you find yourself on a slight wettish slope, chances are you will slip, as I have done on a couple of occasions. Even on flat surfaces, there is a wariness of slipping because I can feel there is no grip. It is surprising because when you look at the bottom of the shoes, its seems to have impressive grips but alas, its a deception. It simply has no grip at all.

So my advice if you go for these shoes, is to have a second pair of running shoes for those wetter days because despite the grip problem, the shoes are otherwise terrific for the dry days.

Highly recommended despite the above mentioned caveat and great price as this is less than half the price of an Asics Kayano.
on 3 July 2013
I am Flat Footed ,had the Asics GT200 which are meant to be good if you over pronate but my knees and joints still hurt, went running with my Brooks Men's Beast and it was like night and day, The comfort and absorbing all the pounding from the road. These are definitely for people who need a control shoe with stability...on the width it was definably wider than my Asics so I don't get that ache at the bottom of my sole.Great Price.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 August 2013
I am 57 years old and walk 7 miles every day. I have always worn hiking boots but began to suffer knee pain. Extensive research recommended a list of trainers which help with knee pain. One of the recommendations was Brooks Beasts. The knee pain has preactically gone after just a few weeks! The trainers are very comfortable and secure around my feet and I feel confident striding out. I am a size 10 and I ordered 10s, despite some people feeling they 'come up a bit small' (see other reviews). I did however order the extra wide and this was a good move. I would recommend this if you feel you have slightly wide feet. Well worth the money.
on 5 March 2013
I have been running in my Beasts a few times and they are extremely comfortable. I suffer from extremely flat feet and these running shoes stop me from over pronating, which is excellent news. On top of that, they look great!
on 30 May 2013
I have suffered with plantar fasciitis for the last 6 months or so, and had no useful advice from the doctor as regards footwear so have taken up my own research and ended up trying the brooks beast. I have recently come back from holiday where I was walking up to 10 miles at a time with nothing more than tired feet, where as normal trainers or walking shoes walking 2-3 miles was max for me with a lot of pain. I now use these for all my walking and touch wood the pain has gone to just a dull ache. I take a male size 8 uk max and needed size 9 uk so be aware.
on 12 February 2014
This is the third or fourth pair of Beasts I've bought over the years. My running days are over but because of my chronic over pronation I find them such a great support in the arch. This pair are no exception but I have one quibble; why are the laces so short compared to my previous pairs? It really is a struggle to get them on without taking the laces out of the top holes. I will have to invest in a longer pair of laces!
on 16 July 2013
Excellent pair of trainers. I am flat footed and have had painful ankle injury in the past (though several years ago). Have covered a lot of mileage in these trainers (chester half marathon and chester 10k and training for both) and they are still in excellent condition - also continued excellent support back and front, no pain, only 1 blister the entire time I have had them and on top of that they look the business to.

My only negative comment about these (and reason I have given 4 instead of 5) is these trainers are a bit on the heavy side (in comparison to some other trainers). But the suitability they offer for flat footed runners more than makes up for it.
on 31 May 2013
Fantastic simply quality upon quality Brooks footwear rocks will order this product again and again there aren't enough superlatives amazing.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
My favourite trainers of all time. Perfect= or over pronators. Firm, yet extremely comfortable cushioning that spreads the impact shock without causing your foot to move out of alignment. Tons of support for both the ankle and the foot arch these shoes will help prevent so many injuries.

They are constructed from strong material and are designed to last, highly breathable, these shoes have lasted longer than any other pair of trainers I have ever owned
on 2 February 2014
This is a very good shoes and value for money. I used "Saucony" wide fitting shoes in the past and they were very light and comfortable. Unfortunately, Saucony stopped making extra wide fitting shoes and after an extensive search for a pair of extra wide shoes, I finally bought the above shoes. The only minor thing that I noticed in between "Saucony" and "Brooks" is that the Brooks shoes are slightly heaver than the Saucony shoes that I had.