5.0 out of 5 stars A classic B film
Published on 4 Feb 2012 by DH Dixon

3.0 out of 5 stars MY APPROVAL
I AM A FAN OF RACHEL ROBERTS BUT I FEEL THAT SOME OF HER PERSONAL LIFE HAS SEEPED INTO THIS PART PERHAPS IT WAS AN ADVANTAGE BUT I PREFER TO SEE HER WHEN IN SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY MORNING SHE WAS AN ACTRESS OF GREAT EXPERIENCE AND SO DOWN TO EARTH, I FEEL THAT THIS DVD SHOULD BE IN YOUR COLLECTION IF ONLY TO MAKE UP THE SET OF HER WORKS MIKE.
Published on 7 Aug 2012 by MASTERDVD

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic B film, 4 Feb 2012
DH Dixon "whitespeck" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girl on Approval [DVD] (DVD)
This is a lovely early sixties B&W kitchen sink drama, very much of its period, a B film I think, as fine as any film of the era. It is presented in widescreen in this DVD. I would rank it with Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner as one of the best films of one of my favourtie periods of British cinema. Technically it is perfect. My own sentiment for the film may be nostalgic, but I am confident that this is a classic of its time. The film is notable for including actress Rachel Roberts, who tended to be fussy about the films she appeared in, hence her few film appearances.

5.0 out of 5 stars GIRL ON APPROVAL DVD, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Girl on Approval [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this film on TV 40+ years ago, when it was considered quite daring, especially as it had very mild swearing in it. I couldn't remember what it was called but the magic of the internet meant I could years later track it down from a description of the plot (about a difficult girl being fostered). I was intrigued by the early 1950s Lewisham setting, which I recognised. Happy with the item and came promptly.

3.0 out of 5 stars MY APPROVAL, 7 Aug 2012

Girl on Approval [DVD]
Girl on Approval [DVD] by Charles Frend (DVD - 2012)