on 13 April 2015
I have been a vegetarian since the dawn of time. And I know that many vegetarian recipes feature a list of ingredients a mile long with results that can be rather ho-hum. Sophie's book is packed with interesting and tasty recipes that are easy to prepare: ideas for delicious everyday dishes and also show-shoppers that will impress your dinner guests. Happily, the photographs come up well in the Kindle edition - not always the case, I find. This cookbook will be a valuable addition to the collection of any vegetarian. And even committed carnivores will enjoy exploring these mouth-watering meat-free dishes.
on 3 December 2012
This is a great book with lots of sensible recipes that can be prepared on a daily basis. The ingredients listed are so that it's actually possible to have them all at home at once without needing to plan the meal ahead for weeks. The recipes are affordable and can be prepared quickly and easily. Each recipe has a picture that shows the outcome which gives you a good idea of what to expect.
on 2 July 2013
I bought this book because we had it out of the library & I found that most of the recipes were attractive to try, therefore the book was worth owning. The recipes are clearly written & easy to follow, the results usually great. An interesting factor is that fairly familiar ingredients & combinations are enhanced by unusual herbs & seasonings which lift the dish.
on 26 November 2013
Great Little book, deserves to be bigger....it has great veggie dishes that do not take hours to prepare and ingredients are pretty much everyday items. Lots of main meal dishes not just side veggie receipes, although there is a section for those too, also lots of yummie puddings....
To be honest as a meat eater there are times when I go off the whole idea and want something not only nutrious but flavourful and enjoyable. That usually tends to restrict what you can have as I'm not a fan of nut cutlets and some of the quorn range isn't quite right for me. So when this title by Sophie landed it was a bit of a relief as she's a vegetarian name to trust on the recipes and boy, was I thankful for it.

Within this book there are a lot of recipes that I wanted to try (which is half the battle) and I couldn't wait to get into the kitchen to begin preparation. There's something for everyone and as a fan of Italian Cuisine, it was a joy to see some very wholesome recipes that not only played to my strengths (I worked in an Italian Restaurant for 8 years as my first job and picked up lots of tips) and left me hankering for some of the more rustic foods, such as Antonio Carluccio's Garlic Soup which was not only filling but was a real treat.

All in this book will make it easier to get your five a day as well as helping to give you that special something different for when you're not in the mood to mess with meat, or have to use up some of those vegetables then this will help you make the most of whats in the house and help avoid waste. Great stuff.
on 18 May 2013
Four stars because I bought the book only few day ago and I tried only one recipe and... it was very good! You can find plates from all over the world that's what I was looking for. Some of them with author's personal touch and advise. Every recipe has a very helpful final picture.
on 1 January 2016
I bought this on a whim as it would fit in my handbag for inspiration on days when I get to the supermarket without an idea in my head. Will I use it? Yes I will! The recipes are not just a rehash of all the old standards - there are some good, simple and unusual ideas there with the added advantage that the ingredients are not impossible to obtain here in the sticks.
on 2 May 2012
I bought this recently and was pleased with the look and feel and size of the book. It's easy to find room for. Nice to flick through for inspiration. I keep looking at it whilst I'm watching tele.
It's easy to follow and I made the mushrooms with dill and lemon with mascarpone at weekend. We had it with a baked potato. It was really yummy.
on 5 December 2012
Handy sized, good photos and tempting veggie recipes. Have only tired a couple so far but so far very good!
on 22 December 2015
Love this book, have already made lots of meals from it.