Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 July 2012
There is a quotation on the back cover of this CD "this is the best incarnation of 'De Dannan' I have ever witnessed and I believe I have seen and heard all the line ups over the years...sensational!." I always take things like that with a pinch of salt or two, but in this case it may be not too much of an exagerration. While musicians like Jackie Daly or Mairtin O'Connor and singers like Mary Black, Dolores Keane and Eleanor Shanley are exceptional this line up has energy and drive like no other and there is not a disappointing track to be found. Down the Moor and Planet Ireland are excellent. Looking forward to the next album.
on 17 May 2012
As somebody who bought the original De Dannan Lp back in the '70s "Selected Jigs & Reels" and still think it's brilliant I was disappointed with this; maybe I'm stuck in some kind of time -warp regards trad Irish music but I found this rather boring; too much squeezebox, not my favourite instrument!I don't believe the experiment of trying some kind of trad Irish slant on modern pop songs works(if you call the Beatles modern!), exception being Lau's Dear Prudence on their Arc Light CD, which is excellent. Will probably sell this on.