5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - extend shoes life!
Just a quick review on this product which should help stop my leather soled shoes being ruined in the winter slush and ice.

Published on 19 Mar 2012 by RS

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing wrong.
I bought these as a birthday present, but when they arrived they were the wrong size. I had ordered UK size 8-9, but received UK size 7.5-8.5. They looked good quality, but I had to return them, as they were too small. Be careful when choosing your size.
Published 19 months ago by Krisbow

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - extend shoes life!, 19 Mar 2012

My first impression was that the product was well packaged and I hoped the product itself would be as good. I was pleasantly surprised! The quality rubber seemed both durable and flexible, and fitted well over the my office brougue style shoe - I went with black and they blend into the shoe quite well.

Upon wearing they seemed light and did not affect comfort, but what they did do was keep water and grit away from the leather soles of my shoe. They have a a tab add the back which helps to pull them on, and adds a touch of style.

All in all they offer great value for money, and should extend the life of my expensive leather shoes as well as keeping my feet dry on the walk to the office. A great winter accessory!

5.0 out of 5 stars I was never "Stylish" before..., 29 July 2013
...and somehow I don't think these have changed by image. However, as a product, they are superb. I wander frequently through the English countryside with the family canine, as well as trekking through the forests of Southern Germany. I have a pair of Timberland boots purchased just for that purpose.

The only problem is that in both regions, with a bit of rain I spend hours a week cleaning mud off my boots. Now that I have the Galoshes, a minute spent putting them on means that I can traipse through mud and muck with impunity. Slip them off once I am home, and they dry quickly and the mud flakes right off with a bit of flexing.

Ratings out of 5 stars:

Effectiveness in keeping my boots clean - 5 Stars

Ease of handling - 5 Stars

Traction - 3 Stars (wet rubber does slip on metal surfaces, gratings etc)

Stylish - 2 Stars (unless you are Herman Munster, then it would definitely rate a 6th Star)

Staying on my Timberlands - 5 Stars

They stay put once I put them on, probably because of the configuration of the Timberland boots. With a well defined heel to hold the Galoshes in place, they stay put very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., 20 Dec 2012
Just got these. They seem like an excellent product - very flexible and easy to put on and take off. Well worth every penny not to get a cold!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you need to keep your feet dry on a rainy day in London, 4 Dec 2012
Bought these for my husband as he was suffering from perpetual cold wet feet after the constant rain storms in London. These always ended in streaming colds and coughs. I bought these and they don't look at all 'geeky' and unless you look very carefully you can 't really see them. They slip on pretty well over his normal shoes and he finds they keep his feet warm and dry all day. Great buy and saves me from constantly nursing 'man flu'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal product for a rainy day, 16 Nov 2012
This product is a must if you want to extend your shoes life! Very easy and flexible to put on/off your shoes and no matter the type of weather you are in your shoes will always stay the same. I really recommend this product for those of you who don't want to wear out your shoes too quickly

5.0 out of 5 stars A great success, 3 Mar 2014
As my husband's carer, I've struggled to get his shoes and wellies on and off for muddy walks. Now these galoshes are easy to use and have made life much easier. I'm delighted with them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Galoshes/Overshoes, 27 Feb 2014
They worked well protecting my leather shoes in bad conditions. Can be carried in a bag when necessary or fitted into hand luggage if on a business trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 12 Jan 2014
Keeps my shoes protected from the Swedish winter. Easy to put on/off. Excellent value for money as opposed to the more famous galosch-brand on the market.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overshoes, 3 Nov 2013
Ann Capon (London, England) - See all my reviews
Te overshoes are great - they could do with being easier to get on and off - was hoping for ones you could just slip on and off instead of having to take off your shoes and put them inside the overshoe and then put them whole lot on again but overall they are effiecient

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects well but can be slippy and be careful on size, 30 May 2013
First of all the shoes sizes on the website are practically useless. It says round down to the nearest half size: I tend to wear 9-9.5, so I ordered 8-9, and received 7.5-8.5 (which isn't even an option on the website). The shoes went in but the galoshes worked themselves off after 20 or so steps. I took a tape measure to my shoes and they were pretty close to 10-11 (31.5 x 12cm) so I returned the first pair and ordered those instead.

The replacement fit is pretty good, they go over my shoes, aren't stretched, and do stay in place. This is good as I find stretched galoshes tend to work themselves off the shoe. They also definitely work in terms of protection, I can wade through puddles a couple of cm deep and just have to be careful not to 'splash'.

I have had them for a while and they seem to be wearing pretty well. As other people have mentioned though, they can be very slippy. Wet metal covers in the pavement are a particular hazard.

Overall they are very good for commuting as they protect well and are ok in non-demanding environments. Given the price I would definitely buy the same pair again if I need replacements.

McKenna, Modern Galosh/Overshoe