4.0 out of 5 stars Loop Test
A simple Loop Tester, no frills, low cost gadget which does the job well to confirm that a system is working OK.
Works well with walkman style headphones.
Published 22 months ago by PDQ

3.0 out of 5 stars Works - just.
I suppose it's reasonable value for money. It does the basic of proving whether the induction loop works, but the sound quality is poor. I wouldn't recommend it as a standalone amplifier!
Published 16 months ago by khj

4.0 out of 5 stars Loop Test, 3 Feb 2013
This review is from: Signet Induction Loop Tester (RXTI2) (Electronics)
Works well with walkman style headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Signet Induction Loop Tester (RXTI2) (Electronics)
I bought this for use by hard of hearing pensioners in a Church environment and they love it!

The tester works incredibly well with the existing induction loop.

The one advantage of this product over our existing testers (which are much older) is that this unit can be switched off whereas our existing ones are always on when headphones are connected.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works - just., 20 Aug 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite adequate, 28 May 2014
This review is from: Signet Induction Loop Tester (RXTI2) (Electronics)
Not the most robust of little boxes, but does the job at a reasonable price. Not a gadget for professional sound engineers, but fine for just checking the loop is working in our churc.h

4.0 out of 5 stars Induction loop problem sorted with this unit, 11 Mar 2014
Mr. G. Yates (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Signet Induction Loop Tester (RXTI2) (Electronics)
We recently repositioned our induction loop system in our local church and couldn't get it to work properly until we bought this unit which resolved the problem very soon. System now working fine thanks to Signet Loop Tester.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 30 Dec 2013
John MacLeod (Ross-shire Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Signet Induction Loop Tester (RXTI2) (Electronics)
Simple loop receiver which does the job. At this price, though, it should at least come with appropriate headphones of suitable impedance to ensure consistency of results. Case could be better quality of plastic as well -- catch on battery hatch requires enormous pressure in a direction other than indicated to open.

At least the delivery was lightning-fast and the product does work effectively.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is, but it does what it needs to do!, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Signet Induction Loop Tester (RXTI2) (Electronics)
I bought this to let me periodically check the hearing aid loop in our church is working. I occasionally get folk with hearing aids say they can't hear what's being said - sometimes they've come back a few weeks later and said their hearing aid had been faulty. However, I've also found, on a couple of occasions, that the loop driver had been turned off (and it's not in a place where this would be spotted unless you wanted to check. With this box, and my headphones plugged into it, I can tell the loop is working; it also lets me check it's coverage into adjoining rooms. In the latter case, it's meant we haven't had to spend time, effort and money extending the current loop to serve a new room being brought into use.

It's a simple piece of kit and, if I still had my old workbench and tools I could probably have built one for a lot less. However, I would probably have included a filter for mains hum (something in most modern hearing aids) - this unit doesn't and it picks it up terribly (or should that be "well" as it sometimes drowns out the wanted audio) - I have to move several yards away from the sound board to check the actual broadcast signal. It gives me exercise (good) but it shouldn't be necessary.

It lets me check what I need to check, so it does its job, but it could be doing it better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loop tester, 22 Jun 2013
Neat and works well.

Ideal for use as a receiver. I also built a receiver based on LM386 amp. Both performed at the same level.

4.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable bit of kit, 9 Oct 2014
This review is from: Signet Induction Loop Tester (RXTI2) (Electronics)
Arrived on time, does exactly what it is meant to do. An invaluable bit of kit which could be improved by adding a 5ohz filter with a switch to turn it on and off.

4.0 out of 5 stars Signet RXT12 Induction Loop Tester, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Signet Induction Loop Tester (RXTI2) (Electronics)
Does what it says on the box pretty well.
Provides ample gain, so take note of the advice to keep the gain control turned down until the soft switch-on is complete.
I liked the soft switch-on feature.
You have to provide 'phones of suitable impedance (recommended in manual).
Does not seem to like being connected to any kind of amp and speaker. (Just buzzes)'
Some internal component seems to be rather microphonic; you hear it in the 'phones if the casing is tapped.
Very adequate for the purpose when used as intended.

Signet Induction Loop Tester (RXTI2)