TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 28 December 2014
This is a really unusual book, the sort of thing that you can imagine an eccentric enthusiast self publishing, but it was apparently commercially published and well received in America. It pulls together material by Franklin and about Franklin, to write a longer book on how to live a virtuous life, a longstanding aspiration of Franklin.

Benjamin Franklin is far better known in America than he is here, but his writings remain worth reading and it is hard to imagine anyone nicer. This book captures the homespun tone of Franklin perfectly, so much so, that sometimes it is confusing as to whether you are reading original Franklin text or the author’s own writing.

It would have been useful for the Kindle version to differentiate more clearly the original Franklin material, and provide a little more explanation of the some of the references that the passing of time has obscured. Overall this is a worthwhile and offbeat addition to the writings on Franklin.
on 6 April 1999
I am actually in the process of reading this book right now, and I love it. The things that Rogers decided to include in this book about the life and wisdom of Benjamin Franklin has definately given me new insights into who he was, but more importantly, insights into specific ways how I can better my own life. In an instant I would strongly recomend to people to not just read it, but find ways to apply the things they learn in thier lives. It's just good, what else can I say?