5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones
Published 21 months ago by Selwyn

3.0 out of 5 stars So So Product
I bought these as a replacement for my ageing Shure SE210. At over half price I thought these would be a good buy having read various good reviews in magazines etc.

Published 12 months ago by Andirollo

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: Klipsch Image X10i Noise Isolating In-Ear Headset with 3-Button Mic for iPhone / iPod / iPad - Lou Reed Signature Edition (Electronics)
This is now my third set of X10's. First set...no remote. Second set...plastic supports at the back of the aluminium 'phones split. Third set...just unpacked... and realised why I keep returning to X10's. Light. Fit in ear superbly...without any discomfort...especially if you lie on your ear with your earphones in in bed!. The sound is excellent...on this set the bass is natural (listening to Marcus Miller just now). When I looked at the original price on the box...at least a 1/3 off (original price 299)! What a bargain. I have tried other makes but have not been satisfied (including Sony, Sennheiser, Dr DRE Beats, Etymotic, Monster and Ultimate Ears..) .... and returned to Klipsch... took good to bypass. Now that iPhone 5 has the earphone socket at the bottom end of the phone, the straight plug (as opposed to the right angled socket on the old X10's) makes sense. Now entering my third year with Klipsch's and can't fault them much in terms of their performance. When I got my new iPhone 5 recently I tried out their new 'inear' package. They kept falling out! Klipisch 'phones are so secure and not uncomfortable in any way. - for me the mid-size or largest single flange ear gels seem to suit. I listen to a wide range of genres... classical, easy listening, brass (my favourite), smooth jazz and popular every-day rock etc. I love hearing the detail. Klipsch provide a round, rich, detailed sound with a not over powering but measured bass. I use my earphones every day. Wholly satisfied with the Klipsch's and would not hesitate to recommend them. My wife enjoys the purple cables on the Lou Reed Signature Edition....what a way to get them through the door without an issue!!

5.0 out of 5 stars For once as good as the reviews say, 25 April 2013
Extremely good extended frequency response with exemplary separation, stunning breadth of sound stage and depth. Very good noise isolating properties, so comfortable and light to wear feels like you can wear them for hours without discomfort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 11 May 2014
These headphones are really well balanced, I can highly recommend them. This is my second pair of klipsch they are well worth the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent headphones! but not made to last!, 12 Mar 2014
these are hands down some of the best headphones i have ever owned, real high quality feel and material used throughout, the clairity of sound through these is suburb, they do a great job at cancelling out noises but the headphone cable sometimes makes that annoying feedback when it rubs on clothing but thats a minor negative considering how many positives these do well.

Update. less then 6 month in the dam rubber that secures the cable to the drivers has split and is coming away which is is a bit of a let down and sometimes makes awful feedback/static in the buds for no reason now.

a little hurt that they didnt even last 6 months tbh

5.0 out of 5 stars Musical heaven, 9 Dec 2013
Oh wow! What a great set of in-ears these are! I own a stupid amount of headphones from over ears to bluetooth sets and these are definitely in my top 4! My favourite in-ears for sure. They do fall out if you are using them for listening during exercise but for general listening and normal use, you won't have a problem! The funky colour is a bonus too! They obviously can't compare to on ears or over ear sets but they aren't far behind. Great bass when seated correctly in your ears and the mids and highs just sing sing singggg. Get them! You won't be disappointed!

4.0 out of 5 stars lightweight, 18 Nov 2013
Lightweight. Do the job. Not very good for running as tend to drop out of ears but not found a pair yet that doesn't. Maybe have to invest in new ears next time!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Klipsch....Birthday present..., 10 Sep 2013
Love them...only problem is the cable is poor build quality and flimsy... Otherwise very comfortable to wear and you forget you have them in...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not perfect, 2 Sep 2013
I've had the top range Creative in-ear headphones for 4 years, and after switching to the Klipsch I've noticed details in music I never noticed before. The sound quality is really great, with enough low-end to properly enjoy Underworld or Chemical Brothers and overall detail in the mids and highs to imagine the brass section of Fat Freddy's Drop moving around on stage in front of my closed eyes. But this comes when you push them in your ear like they were a q-tip, which can make them a bit tiresome after prolonged use (3-4 hours). No lanyard, but they are so light that if you use the cable clip they'll never come off.
I still have to switch the earbuds and see if the prolonged use discomfort goes away or not. It's not that common to have them on for 4 hours at a time without breaks though, so not really a big deal there.

3.0 out of 5 stars So So Product, 22 July 2013

First problem I had was trying to get a decent fit with the various tips, the only one that came close to fitting probably was the one pre fitted. I some Comply tips handy, they fitted the Shure's as well, these also weren't satisfactory.

Now the quality of the music reproduction is related to the fit of the ear tip, so it can be hard to give a proper opinion, but what I have heard has left me disappointed, perhaps I am too used the Shure's great separation and clarity, these did sound a bit muddied. The bass was more a 'thump thump' when genuine deep bass, but as I said this could be because of the poor fitting tips.

As a side my sister had a pair of Klipsch S4i which I tried with the same result regarding fit and quality of reproduction, so it might be across the range?.

These also do feel a little flimsy, time will tell if they stand up to the abuse my headphones usually get.

So I'm looking for a bargain on Shure's, I have had Shure's over a number of years now and for the money I don't think they can be beaten (but will always look to see if they can to my bank balance's annoyance) ...... just glad I hadn't paid full price for them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Noisy wires!, 13 Aug 2013
If your sat still these are as good as the reviews suggest but when you start moving around, like walking to work you hear every footstep and any contact with the wires travels straight to your ear. I had some Ultimate ears which cost me about the same as got them in a sale as well and they sounded as good but no noise issues with them. In the end I returned them for a full refund so no complaints about the service. It's a shame cause they look good and feel great in your ears.