5.0 out of 5 stars Get the book you really need!
I picked this book up at the library and I am now going to buy myself a copy!

I am a fan of the QuickRead series and when I saw this book I picked it up immediately and started to read it the same day.
I've never read any of the books by the Dragon's Den lot (or watched the TV programme), but I will certainly be buying James Caan's biography.

In...
Published on 28 Feb 2012 by Spencer Newman

3.0 out of 5 stars Very elementary...
Published on 26 Mar 2012 by Alan A

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the book you really need!, 28 Feb 2012
I picked this book up at the library and I am now going to buy myself a copy!

In this short book, Mr Caan gives simple advice on how to improve you life - setting targets, looking after yourself, releasing your potential, and although there are already many books out there that already do this, Get the Life You Really Want is a real gem. It is written so simply, it is very motivating and inspiring and I think it helps that it is such a short book as it doesn't go on and on with unrealistic examples. In fact the example he uses about his sister starting up a business is something that could encourage many people to do the same thing. (Although it did help that she had a very wealthy brother when she was planning to take her business to another level, but should people wish just want to make some extra money, it demonstrates how easy it can be to set something up yourself)

A very encouraging read. You can't complain at that price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Change the way you think, 15 Feb 2012
C. Colley (Lincs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This was a worthwhile read with plenty of advice and tips on how to make life more rewarding.
James Caan's ten-point plan includes things like setting realistic targets, time management, basic finance tips, communicating with and involving people, building relationships, self motivation and learning to live a healthier lifestyle to help remain more energetic and focused. These tips might be useful when making a career change, or to help improve what you are already doing in everyday life.
I'm not usually very good at retaining information from books like this. This book was ideal for me because it is short with simple and good advice, and not full of fancy ideas. What I would say though is that I felt some of the tips/advice are more achievable than others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very elementary..., 26 Mar 2012
Alan A (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
James Caan is my favourite 'dragon'. Why? Because he seems a little more compassionate, thoughtful and dignified than the others. HThis book is easy to read, but I found practically nothing new that I hadn't read before or figured out for myself. Mr Caan certainly doesn't give away any secrets here! Actually, the book doesn't contain much, because it's a thin book with large type. It could be inspiring to somone who has read very little entrepreneurial advice prior to this - a school leaver, perhaps.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Read, 31 May 2012
Mr. Alan Nash "Alan" (Woodford, UK) - See all my reviews
James Caan is just the bloke you would like as a friend. Softly spoken, yet, to the point in a polite way. Excellent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the life you really want, 6 Mar 2012
Just finished reading this book. It is a very easy read, and it felt like James Caan was talking directly to me - sharing his own personal tips and strategies to help me get the life I want. Thank you James :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing experience, 28 Feb 2012
This is excellent book to read and it has information how to get success in your life and business.
be consistent with your aims and work. remind your goals and keep working on them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quick read, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Get the Life You Really Want (Quick Reads) (Quick Reads 2012) (Kindle Edition)
Great product and does what it says on the tin. Speedy delivery and good value for money. Would recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Book, 17 April 2012
This is a quick, easy read with a real depth of encouragement.

Is it genuinely that easy to get the life one really wants or does James Caan make it sound easy because he has done so well?

Its a nice little coffee break book and some of the things mentioned in the book do tend to linger as thoughts. Maybe those are the things that make the achievement possible?

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick read but very useful, 21 Feb 2014
I read this book last christmas on my way to Lankashire, I couldnt drop the book as its so engaging and nicely written.

3.0 out of 5 stars Promising title but......, 1 Feb 2013
a bit thin in content.
I have never watched Dragon Den ( yes, it is possible!) so had no prejudice towards its author.
However , I did find the content lacking in depth and analysis .
Certainly useful as an introduction to a reflection on the theme "where is my life going...?"
but not an answer or even a guide just a few ideas you might find useful to start answering the question asked by
a promising title...