Size: Organic Coconut Milk 400ml(Pack of 6)|Change

on 1 July 2015
This coconut milk is foul. Every tin has been watery with a horrible oily substance floating on top, it smells as though it has been left in a very hot place and gone rancid. The last tin I opened was full of mould. Will never buy again!
review image
on 5 April 2014
I love coconut milk, and use it in everything. I've just moved to the UK, so I'm trying the brands sold here. This is terrible. The texture is unbelievable. No amount of mixing or warming will change it. Like all coconut milk, it separates, but the creamy part on top should be creamy. This is grainy and clumpy where it should be creamy. And no matter how much you stir, it always separates. It's a terrible grayish colour. So grainy and dry (vs creamy) on top, and a grayish water on the bottom. And the flavour? Well, if you can get past the texture, you just don't taste much at all. It's more like coconut water that someone threw some dehydrated coconut milk into that floated to the top. I'm scratching my head wondering how this can be so different than any other I've ever tried. And it's not just this can…I bought 3 and they're all the same. There are so many beautiful coconut milks on the market. Avoid this one.
88 comments|32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2013
I have been ordering this product for a while now, it has a Nice taste. Just be careful as it spoils easily after opening but his is expected as it does no contain any preservatives. I highly recommended.
on 30 April 2013
I have been looking for a while for coconut milk that was not mostly water based or with a number of E numbers in it. This was great and what I was looking for you can taste the difference.
on 6 July 2013
I bought because it was Organic and the taste is far superior to others I have tried, It isn't watered down and has the full flavour and texture I would expect
on 30 September 2015
From the customer questions & answers section it seems that Biona planned to replace the can liner containing BPA years ago. However, in contact with them this week, they admit that the cans STILL CONTAIN LINERS with BPA. In my view this product can no longer be considered organic, being contaminated with BPA, a known endocrine system disruptor.
on 7 June 2014
I wanted this product because it's organic bu I won't buy it again... because it's gritty & unpleasant to cook with, hot or cold.
on 16 August 2013
I have just ordered this product and unfortunately I did not check the coconut content before placing the order. My fault but when I finally remembered to check the ingredients, I was shocked to find out that it contains only 30% of coconut! That means that 70% of the can content is water! At least this is what is written in the ingredients on the web page. There is also written that it contains guar gum. But then I checked images of the can and the ingredients on the label are: 50% coconut and no guar gum! So what is the real content of the can? I hope it is what it says on the label. I would hate to pay 1.70 + VAT+ shipping for the can containing 70% of water (not mentioning guar gum).
44 comments|28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 July 2014
Product smells like its gone off. Like it has been left in warm storage by the supplier or something. Disgusting
on 17 July 2013
when i opened the can, i could take 2 table spoons of thick coconut milk from the top, after this there was only water, like 80% water.....

tried to make panang curry with this, but the panang sauce with this coconut milk will be like red water.

Tastes good, but there is not much of it inside ( 2 table spoons )