1,067 Reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars I HAVE TO REPORT A CRIME
Published 17 months ago by The Movie Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Got this for my girlfriend (forgive me) but ended up being a semi-decent film.
Published 3 months ago by cholt2012

4.0 out of 5 stars I HAVE TO REPORT A CRIME, 18 May 2013
The Movie Guy "Movies from A to Z" (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The ultimate chick flick series has come to an end. The moody Bella, smells good to both vampires and werewolves. She gets to live forever with the man she loves, hunt puma in a slit dress, and have a special child that she only has to raise for seven years. The child is both Edward's and Jacob's (My cat has litters that way.) and maybe the producer's kid too. Bella has her ultimate chick moment when she arm wrestles a guy and wins, then uses her special power and becomes a real head turner.

The highlight for me was when the Cullens sat Kristen Stewart down and gave her acting lessons. Yes I was howling at that point, yelling "facial expressions!" at the screen. What we found out is that Italian vampires are the bad guys. Eastern European vampires still have bad accents and Irish vampires eat British tourist. I didn't recognize Dakota Fanning (Jane) in this until after the credit roll. I need to get out more.

Similar to the Harry Potter series, people who don't read the books sense there are plot points missing or glossed over. I know I did. I had to have my niece once again rescue me with the details. Let me say again, this is a chick flick with a fight scene thrown in at the end for the guys. Not as emotional or "gushy" as first and fourth films. Better than the second film, but then what wasn't.

Parental Guide: No f-bombs or nudity. One vampire sex scene.

4.0 out of 5 stars 'FAR AND AWAY 'THE BEST OF THE SERIES', 9 Mar 2013
rbmusicman (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 [Blu-ray + DVD] (Blu-ray)
I'm pretty sure that not all will agree but.............much of what has
come before has, to say the very least been disappointing.
It would be fair to say the series had been tailored to be appropriate for
the 'wider' audience than perhaps the books suggested.
true,there have been glimpse's of what should have been,and they certainly
saved the best for the last episode.
The 'Vulturi' are told of the child and are led to believe 'Bella'(Kirsten Stewart)
and 'Edwards'(Robert Pattinson)child constitutes a crime against their order.
The 'Cullen's' and friends desperately gather evidence that the child is in fact
mortal...........hoping 'Aro' will accept the findings.
'Bella' has adapted well as a 'new born' and is found to possess additional powers.
will 'Aro' listen to the evidence, will he still see her as a threat to his kind
in the future ?
'Jacob'(Taylor Lautner) again influencing proceedings with the 'pack'
The closing sequence bringing the story to an acceptable conclusion.
If like myself you've followed the series in the hope it has to get better....this
may well give you satisfaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars "And now forever?" asked Edward. "And now forever" whispered Bella. "Over my dead body" hissed the Fate..., 15 Nov 2012
Darth Maciek "Darth Maciek" (Darth Maciek is out there...) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I just saw the part 2 of "Breaking Dawn" and I was very impressed. I loved this skillful and very faithful adaptation of the final chapters of "Twilight" saga. WARNING: this review contains limited SPOILERS and also some slightly dirty jokes...

As probably everybody already knows, this film begins with Bella Cullen (former Bella Swan) making her first steps as a newly created vampire, very soon after the extremely difficult birth of her daughter Renesmee. Things that happened at the end of the previous part are discreetly reminded to us by the extraordinary opening scene, in which we can enjoy the beauty of state of Washington, listen to the perfectly adapted music and finally watch how the nature changes when winter comes - and all of this is somehow connected to Bella's transformation. I was very impressed by those first scenes - it is rare to see the opening credits put to such a good use.

Bella's first days as newborn vampire are a delight to watch. Unlike many Kristen Stewart haters I think she is a pretty talented actress. However until now Bella's character was less active than others and therefore Kristen Stewart did the right thing adopting a discreet, introverted approach to this role in previous parts. But as a vampire Bella is paradoxically more "alive" than ever before and in this film Kristen Stewart acts in a much more assertive way - and she does a great job! Also, with the help of some make up and computer improvement of images, she is suddenly more beautiful than ever. Clearly the un-death becomes her... She also can finally let her husband make love to her without fearing that she will end as Bella-jelly on the rocks... (sorry I couldn't resist). And, as a newborn, she is also the strongest vampire in the coven, for a time at least - something that Emmett will learn in great detail...)))

The joy of other members of Cullen clan who see Edward finally happy with his recently deceased young bride and his newborn half-undead daughter (yes, I know this sounds complicated, but really, this is how the story goes) is a very pleasant thing to see. There is of course one enormous elephant in the room - the weird attachment Jacob (your friendly neighborhood werewolf) developed towards Renesmee, to great annoyance of Edward (no father appreciates a potential son-in-law who can lick him) and an even greater fury of Bella, as no mother wants her precious daughter to be an underdog...))) Jacob's "puppy love" was considered as very shocking by many reviewers of books - but here it is shown as something perfectly safe and quite respectable...

But soon appears a threat to Edward and Bella's happiness and in fact to the very existence of the whole Cullen coven. As we already know since the part 2, between the vampire royalty, the Volturi and the Cullens there is bad blood (pun very much intentional). In this episode the escalating tension will finally reach the breaking point...

The description of the developing crisis, the mobilization of hostile armies, the confrontation and finally the rather unexpected but clever resolution of the whole problem were well described in the book and are even better shown on the screen. Volturi-Cullens conflict is a great moment of cinema!

Those who read the second part of the last book in the series certainly remember that there are NO action scenes in it - and those who saw the trailers had to notice that there is one HUGE battle scene, with the Volturi Guard fighting Cullens, Denalis and their other vampire and werewolf allies. The film however remains a VERY faithful adaptation of the novel... Confused already? Well, I can not reveal details, but believe me, there IS an easy explanation. Also, adding this extremely well shown furious battle helped this film - in fact it helped it very much...

The way this huge battle is described reminded me very much of Iliade and the fights between heroes of Trojan War. I will not describe here anything from the battle in "Breaking Dawn, part 2" but it is somehow similar to the description of events by Homer. In Iliad, we can read that Sarpedon, a valiant Trojan ally, was killed in fight by Patroclus. Later, Hector avenged Sarpedon by killing Patroclus, but then was himself slain by this latter's best friend, Achilles. After that Paris, Hector's brother, killed Achilles with a poisoned arrow, before being himself shot and killed by Philoctetes. In the great battle scene in this film, fights between successive heroes and champions follow a somehow similar logic. I loved this long scene greatly.

There are many other delights in this film, especially when vampires invited by the Cullens arrive. American and European nomads are very little shown, with the exception of Alistair - on another hand the Egyptians and the Irish coven appear a little bit more, and the powers of Benjamin are particularly impressive in the film...

Amazonian amazons are absolute eye-candy - especially Zafrina is an impressively hot creature. In the film only two amazons, Zafrina and Senna, are present (the third one, Kachiri, is not even mentioned). The girls from the Denali coven are even hotter, especially Kate and Tanya. All those who liked "Dexter" will be delighted to see Christian Camargo playing Eleazar, the only male of the Denali coven. Garrett, the nomad who will later join the Denali coven, provides tons of humor as a vampire who never fully recovered from the Independence War (he still passionately hates everything British).

And then there are of course Vladimir and Stefan from the Romanian (or rather Transylvanian) coven. Those two are a show in the show! In principle they seem to be very serious and even deadly dangerous - but their faces and their speech are simply irresistible! Every time they appear, the whole theater would puff and giggle... Oh, it may come as a surprise to you, but if you really want to FULLY appreciate those two vampires, read "The cat in the hat" before going to cinema - no, this is not a joke and I am not crazy - believe me, there is a connection...)))

All those characters provide great fun, especially in the scene preceding the great confrontation, when something like twenty vampires and one werewolf sit around a campfire at night and tell scary stories!!

There are however some characters missing in action. When the Volturi appeared I was very surprised that unlike in the book the wives, Sulpicia and Athenodora, were absent. Even worse, Felix, the hulking chief enforcer/executioner of Volturi does NOT appear in this film - and this is a great pity! Also, Wendell Pierce, who plays the somehow mysterious Mr Jenks, should have more screen time - at the very least a couple of minutes...

I would greatly advise to watch the final credits to the end as they are a farewell for all the series. Many girls in the cinema were very moved by those last moments - and that included my wife...

I positively loved this film - it is a very, very good conclusion to the extraordinary adventure that was watching "Twilight" series. After surviving James, Victoria, Riley, the army of newborns, the conflict with the werewolves and even the confrontation with the Volturi, at the end of this film the two recently married lovers could finally begin what is the REAL GLORIOUS adventure, both for the mortals and the undead - spending life together and raise the children...

"And now forever?" asked Edward. "And now forever" whispered Bella. The Fate didn't say anything this time - she was having a busy working lunch with the director of the next "Hunger Games" film...

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must for any twilighter, 18 Nov 2012
This review contains NO spoilers. This film is by far the best in the whole saga. I was on the edge of my seat and went on a bit of an emotional roller coaster. It was "epic" and there is nothing that could of been done to make it any better than it was. I can't wait to add it to my collection. It took my breath away, several times. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed every, 11 July 2014
G. Ashall - See all my reviews
I got the full series. enjoyed every one

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 July 2014
Got this for my girlfriend (forgive me) but ended up being a semi-decent film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
daughter in law loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Bought this for my wife. And she loves it. Came in the post exactly when they said it would

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Loved all the series - we have purchased. Everything that took place was magic!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014