5.0 out of 5 stars Professional results, 4 Feb 2014
This review is from: 424-1 Logan 24'' Team System Plus (Misc.)
After trying out the Jakar and a recommendation from a friend for this I tried it. At twice the price of the Jakar it is well worth it. Easy to use, nice sharp blade (be careful! I learned the hard way!) with safety features (do use them harhar!). Simple instructions that I literally followed to the letter and after one practice run I achieved professional results; just hold the ruler firmly and pressing as firmly as you can, ensuring the blade is fully inserted push in one steady movement away from you. I would recommend in investing in a good quality large craft mat. You use the knife style tool against the ruler for the straight outside edge and the sliding blade for the angled inside edge. On the sliding blade there is an accurate line to line up against your own markings so you can stop and start in the correct place, a major issue I have found with other mount cutting systems of this type. It is sturdy and feels good quality (metal rather than the plastic used on other similar products). The grip under the ruler is also good, an issue I have again found with other products. Highly recommended for professional results, in a small tool you can easily pack away after (keep the box as it will all slide back in easily enough and tucks away into the corner of a cupboard or a drawer).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the money, 11 Dec 2012
This review is from: 424-1 Logan 24'' Team System Plus (Misc.)
I nearly returned this, as my first attempt was to trim an already cut mount to a smaller size - it was virtually impossible to achieve a good result. However, I then went on line, watched the videos, and had another go with a 'new' mat - hey presto, it works, although it is quite time consuming. If you want absolutely square edges I would invest in something a little more expensive with guide rails etc. - someone on here said near-professional results and I would agree (otherwise it would have been 5 stars). When I started, I pressed down too hard and then its possible to slip slightly (even with the slip sheet) at the end of the cut and go too far, however, if you dont press down hard enough, it doesn't cut properly which is worse, because you don't really get a second chance. I used mount board for the slip sheet which has worked very well. Its a good quality product, I would recommend it.

ARRAY(0xb596b2e8)