5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful!
Published on 24 Oct 2012 by AmaTom

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Value
Item worked no problem. Was a little difficult to sort out but that was more to do with lack of helpful instruction from the Torque app. Well worth the money if you are interested in cars.
Published 10 months ago by Amjeed Khalil

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful!, 24 Oct 2012
This review is from: Mini ELM327 V1.5 Bluetooth Wireless OBD-II OBD2 Auto Car Diagnostic Scan Tool
I'm delighted with this cheap and really useful device. I wasted time loading the software CD provided on my Laptop and trying but failing to make sense of it. BUT NO NEED! Just downloaded the free app called "Torque" for my HTC wildfire phone. Once installed I went through the settings for my cars weight, engine capacity etc, then plugged the Mini Elm327 Bluetooth into my Jaguar X-types OnBoardDiagnostics socket (Under the dashboard on drivers side just to right of the steering column - no tools required) started the engine, searched for bluetooth devices on my phone, found it, connected then ran the Torque app, went through the menu and selected the OBD device, entered the pass code "1234" and I was on line. The menu let's you read fault codes, gives you some explanation (more available on-line once you've got the codes) and can display various engine data in real time, even when your driving!. I tested it by disconnecting some sensors and it came up with the right explanations for the Check Engine Light (MIL) coming on. Brilliant. Just bought 2 more for my colleagues.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini Elm Bluetooth OBD2 Reader, 4 July 2013
Following the appearance of the dreaded engine management light on the dash of my BMW 330D i looked arround on the interweb and found this was such a cheap option that it was worth a try. I downloaded a free app for my Android phone (Torque -the free version) and plugged in the adapter to the OBD2 port. The app and the reader paired seamlessy and read the fault code, A quick Google for the code and I was sorted the app was even able to clear the fault code. The lack of any info built in to the reader and app is my only small bugbear but with Google around it wasnt a problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use plug and play, 10 Feb 2013
D. Greensmith (Lincoln Uk) - See all my reviews
My tablet finds it straight away, works well.
An on off switch would be nice if you plan to leave it connected, but not essencial.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Great Price, 27 Nov 2012
As an auto-electrician by trade it is fair to say I was sceptical about the quality and useability of such a reasonably priced product, but having received it I am pleasantly surprised. The build quality is fine even for what is basically a Chinese copy, not quite up there with professional diagnostic tools but easily fit for purpose.

I have only limited use of it so far constrained to both an android phone and an android tablet using a Torque Pro app.
As far as I can tell read/write speed is good and the Bluetooth connection has been very stable. I have found the connection to be fast and stable enough for live date read and even reliable enough for data logging.
I can't comment on the included mini-disc of software as I never had any intention of using it.

I have had no trouble reading and clearing dtc's with this tool any occasion.

In summary it is great for basic fault finding cross platform, it won't be flashing modules or re-programming keys and the likes any time soon but for the money a great tool for someone with a bit of knowledge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why not buy it for that price, bargin, 3 Dec 2014
As I found out, it don't work with a iPhone but that's just Apple being fussy that it ain't anything to do with Apple. Connected easy with the android tablet, I got a airbag light on so it didn't clear that as I hoped. I'm waiting for something else to light up and give me a error so I can try it again. I used the torque free app so if your a boy racer, you can impress your friends with every bit of information of your engine on your tablet screen from r.p.m to how much load the engine is under. Just jibba jabba to me and I drive a van so I look stupid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing unexpected quality from extremely cost effective device, 11 Nov 2014
Mr. S. Davies (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
Surprisingly this is a very well made piece of kit that worked perfectly out of the box. Seems robust enough and the device is finished nicely, no odd seems, no stickers on wonky, nothing loose, all the lights work. Absolutely zero fuss. Enabled the Bluetooth on my HTC One and was able to read codes, clear codes and look at various ECU output feeds with dials, charts and value consoles (using the free Torque App). Took a long time getting here but the price to the quality and usefulness of the item offsets that by a huge amount. I'm looking forward to tinkering with the protocol myself to have a snoop around the inner runnings of the car :) It is cheap, and you usually 'get what you pay for' - I guess sometimes you get lucky with cheap items as this has bucked the trend for me. I have read reviews where the item simply doesn't work - thankfully mine did without any fiddly setting up (true plug and play). For this price point, I'd say take the plunge!

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart OBD2, 1 Mar 2014
S. Forbes "stu" (UK) - See all my reviews
Totally recommended. Connected to all my cars where others failed. Best buy yet. Even my MGZT260 which is Rover,BMW and Ford mix reads codes and sensors fine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 7 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat......, 11 Nov 2013
It works with my 2001 land rover freelander 1.8 petrol and my 2003 vw golf tdi with no problems, I use it with the 'Torque pro' app from google play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 12 Jan 2013
Connected to my HTC Desire running Android 4 with no problem, PIN 1234 fired up Torque (not the PRO version - the free one) and erased the check engine light on my 2008 Subaru Forrester. Also displayed live data from various sensors (oil temp. , intake air temp, speed, torque). Great for the money!