5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend F8 All-in-1 Multi Card Reader USB 3.0
Transcend F8 All-in-1 Multi Card Reader USB 3.0

This is a small and light USB 3.0 card reader made with Genesys Logic GL3220 controller. It supports 3 types of cards CF, SD and MS., including all variants of these cards up to date. F8 opens 3 drives when connected to PC, so transfers between micro and normal cards must go thru the computer.
PRO:
-...
Published on 18 Nov. 2011 by O. Wolf

1.0 out of 5 stars Create a Windows 7 System Restore point before you update the firmware on this...
Bought this to use on an Asus N56VM laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium as it's own card reader doesn't do CF cards. Initially all seemed OK with the reader being detected by Windows and the requisite driver being installed.

Things fell apart rapidly however when I upgraded the reader's firmware from TS21 as shipped to TS22 using Transcend's firmware updater...
Published 12 months ago by MR R W MELDRUM

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid, very fast - very short lead., 21 Oct. 2013
C. Hope "C. Hope" (Ashford, Kent) - See all my reviews
My last multi card device was a very cheap, very flimsy USB2 affair which finally fell to pieces. This is much better. It's very well made and USB3 is so much faster than USB2. The only drawback is the ridiculously short lead supplied. On my desktop PC, the USB3 ports are all at the back. This lead just about enables the reader to sit on the top of the PC, under the desk - meaning I have to get on my hands and knees to insert cards into it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, and quickly., 22 May 2013
G. Reader (UK) - See all my reviews
This card reader will accept 8 versions of memory card; MS PRO/XC, MS DUO,M2, MicroSD,SDHC, SDXC and CF. It has the newer USB3 cable connection and is backward compatible with USB2 connections on PC's and Mac's.
My Nikon D800 camera takes up to 35mb files and this reader downloads them very quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars USB 3.0 card reader, 21 May 2013
Philip J. Vickers "PhilV" (England, West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Transcend Super Speed USB 3.0 Multi-Card Reader for SD/SDHC/SDXC/MS/CF Cards - White (Personal Computers)
It does the job but the really annoying part about it - hence the loss of a star - is that it comes with about 6" of cable which makes it very difficult to connect and then place somewhere convenient.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little card reader, 12 Aug. 2014
A great little card reader. Does exactly what it says on the tin. Gives speedy access to the data on your flash memory cards and will write to them really fast as well. Fastest read times were clocked at 70 MB/s, but that was most likely limited by the fastest card I have. Possibly will go even higher with a faster card. At any rate it's much faster than even the built-in card slot of my laptop. Very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreme speed., 29 Jan. 2014
I had read the revews from other buyers and I said that even the half speed I would be ok.But I lost my mind when I saw the first time I used this that I transfer a video file of 13gb from my Canon 70D that it took only 3 minutes and 30 seconds.WOW.

5.0 out of 5 stars near perfect, 13 Jan. 2014
cheap and easy to use this card reader is a good choice for cf cards. its fairly small and seems to be of high quality. as others have noticed the short cable is rather stiff but it does not really spoil the party. highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent compact card reader, 15 Dec. 2013
Well worth the price for this card reader, the USB 3.0 makes a huge differences to uploading pictures from my DSLR memory cards. Does what is says on the tin.

it is also compact and ideal for those (photographers) on the go, I also have USB 3.0 external hard disks so I am also able to share USB cables to cut down on travel weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars I should have bought this one the first time!, 12 Dec. 2013
After 3 cheap card readers have failed on me in just as many months i did some research and made sure what i was buying was going to last. I only have usb2 in my mac and the firewire options were just too expensive. The cheap usb2 card readers were hellish slow, taking 10 mins to copy to my mac from a cf cad. This Transend card reader turned up today and i couldn't be happier. Im getting around 35-40 MB/s transfer speed so downloading my 32GB cards is going to be a dream, cutting down my photography workflow time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best reader, so far, 26 Sept. 2013
G. Gisladottir "ggisl" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
My CF cards glide smoothly into this reader. Transfer is fast and the length of the cable that came with the reader is of absolutely the perfect length for me. The only thing that I could have done without, is that little (blue) light on it. Since I do not like to waste energy, and it is a waste to have that on at all times, I unplug the reader after use. I have used the reader for two months now and am very pleased and would recommend it to anyone. (I am a photographer, and have used several brands, this is by far, the best one yet.)

5.0 out of 5 stars SuperSpeed IS CORRECT, 6 Sept. 2013
Excellent product. Purchased to replace a useless internal card reader. \perfect for Compact Flash cards as the side guides are much longer than other readers which lessens the chance of pin damage. Highly Reccomended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 321 | Next ›