5.0 out of 5 stars Series 7 - and the best yet!
Mod Jazz Forever - The new release from the Kent (Ace)label - Just dropped through my door yesterday and although i have only played the CD once, already this has become one of my favourite of the series. I didnt think The Return Of Mod Jazz could be topped, but here it is.

Published on 3 Feb 2012 by Maknight

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
just adding this to my collection and, as usual, some good tracks some not so - (nothing more to add)
Published 15 months ago by Sam E

5.0 out of 5 stars Series 7 - and the best yet!, 3 Feb 2012
Maknight "Mikeek" (Portsmouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mod Jazz Forever (Audio CD)

I was only familiar with one song on this CD which was Jack McDuff and Screamin - you know what you are going to get with Brother Jack - screamin organ and fantastic this track is. I know of some of the other titles but not by these artists, for instance Whos Afraid of Virginia Woolf (Graham Bond/James Brown)but not by the Nightbeats, the same with The in Crowd, Work Song, Fever, Sunshine Superman And The Return of the Prodigal Son, all artists new to me covering these songs.

So - First impressions - absolutely the best CD I have received so far this year - if you like the previous six editions in this series then you will love this - even if you dont have the previous editions you should still buy this as it covers Organ,vocal vibes the whole spectrum of JAzz grooves (as with the previous issues).

Outstanding tracks for me are:- Clint Stacy doing the Work Song, this is top of my list - outstanding version, Johnny Hammond Smith doing the In Crowd, again an excellent version with Organ, Quirky version of Sunshine Superman from Bocking, Robinson, Morais. Some nice Vibes from Johhny Lytle, George Stone and My Beat, Jesse Davis and Night Bloomin Jasmine - in fact the whole album is just pleasure to my ears. If you like your jazz mixed in with latin, soul and R&B then this CD does just that.

The only issue i did have with Amazon was the case was cracked when it arrived, dont worry it is already in a new case - well this CD deserves a proper clean un damaged case !!!

Just buy it - you will love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Mix, 6 July 2012
This review is from: Mod Jazz Forever (Audio CD)
I agree with the previous review. This is a quality compilation with no duds. Good eclectic mix, and as good as any of the other Mod Jazz albums. The vocal tracks and instrumentals are all strong and deliver the goods. Recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 4 Jan 2013

ARRAY(0xa2b71c30)

Mod Jazz Forever
Mod Jazz Forever by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2012)