on 21 July 2011
My friends and I bought this boat for some tomfoolery on the river Cam in Cambridge. Being a very placid river, not surprisingly the dinghy has stood up very well to our adventures. We've been out in it about half a dozen times now and our trusty vessel has survived collisions with punts, being capsized and all the other ravages that its intoxicated passangers could throw at it. The boat is well built and extremely sturdy, and even though advertized as a 2-man dinghy we've managed to get 3 in it comfortably, and 4 at a push.
The rope rigging that comes with the boat to thread around it is invaluable for speedy disembarkations and transportation accross land. The 'gear pouch' that is also supplied is essentially a dry bag, and it offers some protection for phones/wallets etc. However it doesn't close very well, especially when it's wet, and if the boat capsises its contents quickly fall our. My advice would be to leave mobiles and other valuables ashore.
All in all a well built, well priced and trusty vessel!
on 28 April 2011
Excellent product, very well made. First class service from Amazon. Recommend this boat to anyone who likes messing about on lakes, ponds or rivers. would make good tender for small yacht. Ideal boat for fishing on lakes. This boat has good safety features so I have no worries when my 13 year old grandson uses it.
on 6 March 2012
I was looking for a small, good quality and well priced boat that my two young boys (5 and 7)could use on our many planed summer camps. I a few nights looking for such boat, but with so many available and a vast range in prices it was hard to choose.

As this was our first boat purchase I opted for something that wouldn't break the bank and if the boys didn't take to it, wouldn't be a great loss to the wallet.

So opted and ordered the Sea hawk II having seen a few youtube videos. It arrived the very next day. Communication and tracking of the shipment was excellent. I have to say I was a little shocked to see how small the box was compared to what I expected but I think this was because it was our first purchased. But I was even more shocked at just how well made the boat is. I was quite smug thinking that I had only paid a few pounds and yet purchased a boat that is bigger than I expected and off excellent build quality. I can see that we are going to have many days fun on the water with this and can see my self buying the next sizes up as the boys grow.

Highly recommend this product
on 27 July 2010
This boat is very good quality, certainly much better than anything normally seen in seaside shops. It is made from thick vinyl and has safety chambers. Big enough for 2 adults. Recommended.
on 24 July 2011
I bought this boat recently and I've had it in the middle of a loch already! - Of course I wore my life jacket, but I felt very safe and comfortable. I sat back with my head rested, casting away with my fly rod and even had a few brown trout rising at the edge of the boat. Deffinetly a great buy, but I don't think it would be suitable for 2 adults, especially not with all the equipment some of us fishers take with us!
on 20 July 2013
Although it says this is a 2 seater but we fit 3 reasonable sized lads into it with comfort! We used it for sea use, and well this thing glides over waves, unless you're close to shore and you're unbalanced, that hurts! But overall brilliant fun, saw a seal while we were out, so if you're considering this, DO IT! Well worth it, people were watching in envy ;)
I bought this for my husband - with the idea that he might be able to use it for fishing on the river or a lake. He took it out last weekend on the river Wye and he said he couldn't fault it. It was safe, stable and sturdy and he had no trouble rowing with the oars, which can be clipped onto the side of the dinghy when not in use, or locked into position for rowing, so you don't clutter the floor of the boat or risk losing them overboard!

He said that although it is a 2 man dinghy, he wouldn't have wanted to share it with another adult (he needed the space for his fishing gear!) but quite apart from that - as with most 2-man dinghys - this is two small-average sized adults (my husband is 6ft 2), but he could easily go out on the water with one of our children and have a lot of fun.

The multiple air chambers makes you feel very secure and you really get excellent value for money. My husband said the only thing that it was missing in his opinion was a carry bag of some sort - it comes packed in a box - which isn't really what you want out and about on the water!
The Intex "Seahawk 2-person inflatable dinghy" is an excellent boat for use in inland waters and on relatively calm seas close in-shore. Inflation is a quick and simple process with the hand-pump supplied and the boat is well-made and robust enough to stand up to quite rough handling. The boat comprises multiple inflation chambers for safety, complete with inflation gauging lines so that you can easily check that it is properly inflated before use. It also has a grab line running round it too, should anyone slip overboard and need to have something to hang on to.

The boat is a bit of a squeeze for two adults, making rowing a bit awkward but is OK once you get used to the somewhat sub-optimal positioning. Like any inflatable, it tends to go wherever the wind wants to push it if there is more than just a gentle breeze blowing, so it is best used only in conditions of light wind, unless you're also going to equip it with the optional outboard motor, rather than do battle with the oars supplied. In calm weather, though, it is easy to make the boat zip along using just the oars.

All in all, this is a well-made product offering excellent value. Looked after properly, it should provide many years of fun out on the water.
on 5 August 2014
For the price it is not a bad deal, the oars are not great, the pump is just okay, so if you are thinking of buying the seahawk 2 for the kids to play with over the summer months, you cant go wrong, It is quite a stable craft and can take the odd scrape over stones, It has three separate compartments so if one should puncture it will still stay afloat,coupled with flotation jackets and the kids should be safe enough.
The dinghy will carry two adults but it is very cramped, I found rowing with two on board quite difficult, longer oars may have helped, a small electric outboard would have been even better, For any serious anglers looking to this dinghy as a fishing platform for inland lakes and slow moving water, I think it would fit your needs,( check out u tube vids to see how anglers set up their dinghies) but if you are thinking of taking a friend, I would go for a bigger boat, a three or four person craft would be better,
Though they name it a seahawk, I would not go to sea in it, perhaps on the more sheltered beaches , bays,harbors and inlets on a very good day, but it would be fool hardy to tackle some of the tide races that go round our coasts, even with a maximum advised 1/5hp outboard,
In the box it comes with oars and a pump, it takes me around fifteen minutes to blow it up and have it on the water, if planning to use the dinghy a lot, I would advise a bigger pump, and use the one that came with the dinghy as a spare, and a better set of oars, if money is not a problem, an electric outboard looks fun,
There also comes a booklet with instructions, a repair patch, and a small clear strip of material with 0, 5 and 10 cm marked on it, there are also a couple of similar markings on each side of the dinghy , when the dinghy expands , the marks line up, you have the correct pressure, A small pvc bag is also included but it is not for phones, car keys and the like, probably its best use would be for anglers to keep bait in,
For the money, you cant go wrong, my only real moan about this package is that you do not get a couple of air cushions which are included with the 3 and 4 person options,
I think a four star mark for the Intex Seahawk 2 is fair,
on 5 November 2014
It looks fine. I have only unpacked it - not actually used it, hence only four stars.
I have ascertained that it fits into a 65 ltr rucksack - if you are prepared to suck the air out!.
For fishing purposes I will spray the oars grey (yellow a bit frightening!)