on 28 December 2012
The coils are a bit large but they will no doubt do the job well. Maybe too big for a small shoe size. Reasonably easy to fit.
on 12 January 2013
I've had three pairs of these Yakktrax and have used other brands of non-slip gripper devices.
The Yakktrax give excellent stability, even when running on sheet ice. The coiled springs offer lots of surface area in contact with the snow/ice. This makes for stability in both pitch and yaw. They can be quite tricky to put on as they must be tight to be effective, so take care getting the correct size.
I prefer them to the "hardened-point" designs but durability is a problem. The hard spring steel eventually cuts through the rubber strings which hold the springs to the boot or shoe.
It's a choice between utility and a sense of safety, or durability.
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 February 2013
Excellent in the snow and ice. This is my second pair the first pair lasting the whole of last Winter and most of this.+
22 comments1 of 1 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2014
We used these on a trip to Norway in November - mostly town / city sightseeing with a husky sled trip.

The grips were invaluable on icy & snow covered pavements. A bit tricky to put on with cold fingers but once I had the knack it was OK.

I would recommend this sort over cheaper ones worn by & complained about by fellow travellers.
on 6 November 2013
I got a pair of these for my wife last winter and she was running to the railway station as if there was neither snow nor ice. She could have left earlier but she preferred a precious extra few moments under the duvet, so I had to do something!
I'm looking forward to a bit of snow so I can show off to less well equipped pedestrians.
on 30 October 2013
Bought these for my uncle who has had a hip replacement and is very wary of falling! He really likes these, they are robust, easy to fit and give assured grip in icy conditions. Well worth the little money they are for the confidence they give.
on 14 November 2013
This is my second pair as I bought a pair for my mum and my dad wanted a pair. They are a must have for the bad weather and will probably buy myself a pair.
on 13 February 2014
Great on ice & prevents slipping even when all around are falling. Not that easy to get on with walking boots & came loose at times.
on 13 December 2013
Very happy with equipment and service. Not used yet but look much better than last set which were troublesome to keep on at times.
on 23 February 2013
bought these and used them out in Norway running and walkin and they performed very well did slip or fall over once great product
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse