Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.08

on 3 November 2013
Very good introduction to the quiet war universe. I bought this on offer for holiday reading partly to see if I liked the style of the author. I expect that I will purchase other books in the series.
on 15 February 2012
Average to good stories accompanying the perfect novels. Only available on Kindle, so had to borrow my son's. Each story had its moments but Reef was too hard science for my tastes and Incomers seemed to be a bit silly until the dramatic ending that made it all worth it. My favourite was Second Skin, a powerful and exciting tale of identity and double-cross that reminded me of the superb short story A Spy in Europa (Galactic North) by Alastair Reynolds. Some interesting typing errors remain throughout, including a classic school-boy error involving the use of the word "organism" in a love scene! In summary what else are you planning to do with your 77p?
on 11 January 2012
When I saw this for the price I thought that it was a bargain for 5 of Paul Mcauleys stories of the Quiet War.I have read some of his novels and short stories before and enjoyed them so I decided to buy this kindle book and I am sure that the stories will be good. But, I will have to read them in the order that they come as I am not able to select the story that I want to read. The stories are stand alone tales and do not have to be read in any order but this is what I will have to do as it is not possible to select the story that I would like to read first as kindle will not allow you to do this. Shame I didnt know this beforehand as I probably wouldnt have bothered to buy the book.