5.0 out of 5 stars Two men, three dogs and a life of SUCCESS!, 26 April 2007
M. L. Compton - See all my reviews
'Amazing Gracie' is a true story about a young Great Dane pup that is deaf, partially blind and marked as 'the little mistake' by her breeder. When Dan Dye, a middle-aged man who is aimlessly searching for life's meaning hears about the little pup in need - he rushes to her rescue.

Little did they know, on the day that Dan was rescuing Gracie from euthanasia - Gracie was rescuing Dan from his depressive state of mind. Dan had no idea what the future was to bring, or the fact that bringing this small 'mistake' home would prove to be everything but a 'mistake', and the most life changing event in all of his and his partner, Mark Beckloff's, existence.

'Amazing Gracie' is a very cute story, full of smiles and giggles - and is a true story of two men, three dogs and a life of success.

Great book to read - especially if you have a soft spot for Great Danes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensitive, funny. . . soulfully written., 10 April 2001
By A Customer
I enjoyed the relationship between the dogs and the humans. Both species supported each other in times of need and times of peace. And, at the end, I too, loved Gracie! I have recommended this book to at least 15 people. It is a lovely success story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant down to earth book, 27 Dec. 2007
Free Spirit "shilo115" (North Wales, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I really loved this book so much. I felt as though I was living with Gracie, Sarah and Dottie, it was as though I shared their lives. It was a lovely true success story, success brought about by a sad, deaf little (not so little) great dane. Its funny how people/animals come into our lives for a reason and by the end of the story you can see why Gracie came into theirs. I wept buckets at the end, I really felt for their loss. I actually hired this book from the library but at the back I noticed that proceeds were going towards helping neglected dogs so I am buying my own personal copy. It must have been a good book for me to want to keep it, that is a seal of approval in itself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching, sensitive and all over brilliant, 26 Nov. 2008
Mrs. Maureen Haddlesey (W Yorkshire - England) - See all my reviews
I found this book absolutely brilliant, I read it in two days and found it to be humourous in part yet touching in others, I could actually feel myself being involved in this little (not trying to be funny) dogs life. Gracie could teach other dogs a thing or two and her deafness did not impede her at all - except when she wanted it to which is like all dogs. I have recommended this to all my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Gracie - Amazing Book !!, 9 Oct. 2009
I can't rate this book highly enough. What a fantastic book, heartwarming, charming and happy yet sad.
An amazing read for me and you don't have to be a dog lover, I am more of cat person myself but this is such
a wonderfully told story about life and relationships between friends, Dan, Mark and there dogs.
If you are not touched by this book you just don't have feelings.
TEN STARS **********

5.0 out of 5 stars an amazing book, 4 Aug. 2010
what an amazing book! i have just read it for the second time!
i fell in love with gracie and her owners, their story is funny, sad, inspiring, and just lovely.
i would recomend this book too anyone who loves dogs, or just loves the good guys in life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and Beautiful, 14 Nov. 2010
Chris in Hampshire "Mrs C" (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a true dog story with a twist. "Gracie" was the factor behind the author's starting up in business and being very successful! A different way for a dog to help it's humans huh!
This book is an easy reading, inspirational book for both the dog lover as well as any budding entrepreneur.
I would love to have known "Gracie" and her other doggie 'cousins'. Brilliant book, well done Dan and Mark and every continued success with your Three Dog Bakery. May you always have doggie companions, as you are exemplorary owners.
Loved the book and would recommend 100%.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 9 Feb. 2009
I bought this as a present for a dear friend and she adored it. Says it is an amazing story and makes you cry. What more could you want in a book?

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 16 May 2011
I absolutely loved this book, I read it in a couple of days (if I had more spare time I think I would've read it in a couple of hours!) It was so good I didn't want to stop reading. I am a dog lover so I loved that element of it but there is much more to the book than just that, it was so inspiring! So glad I bought it and have now ordered one of the Three Dog Bakery cook books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book!, 1 May 2009
M. PENDREY (England) - See all my reviews
This is such a good book. I read it to my husband while we were in the car driving for hours to and from our holiday destination. However, I couldn't read out loud the last few pages - not to give anything away. It is so funny in some places, touching in others. All the emotions came out. Hope you enjoy it!

Amazing Gracie: A Dog's Tale