5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put down
Published on 22 Sep 2010 by Gini Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Why is there no punctuation in this book?
I am sure this is a lovely book but I cannot bear to continue reading it because the kindle version has a total lack of punctuation. No apostrophes are used which may sound immaterial, but it makes the book extremely difficult to read in the correct context
Published 14 months ago by Izzy

2.0 out of 5 stars Why is there no punctuation in this book?, 21 Jan 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Please use apostrophe's, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bride Flight (Kindle Edition)
I have just downloaded a sample of this book and I have to say the story is engaging from the first page. But the absence of apostrophe,s is really annoying and spoils the flow of the words. Eg. She'd becomes Shed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to put down, 22 Sep 2010
This review is from: Bride Flight (Paperback)
When I finished Bride Flight I was close to tears. Partly because it's such a moving story, and partly because I just didn't want it to finish. Marieke van der Pol writes beautifully and her characters remain engaging throughout. The story is full of twists and turns and situations I didn't expect to happen. I can't write about the plot here because it's too good to spoil in a review. It is funny, it's emotional, and it has a truly cinematic feel. It reminded me of the film 'The Notebook' in a funny sort of way, so if you liked that you must read this. Finally, I challenge anyone to read the bit with the photograph in the final chapter without crying and to know whether they're happy or sad about it. A truly wonderful book and an original story of love, friendship and divided loyalty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent story, excellent translation., 18 Nov 2010
This review is from: Bride Flight (Paperback)
Apart from a very moving story what touched me the most in the book is the very believable inner voices of the three main characters. The reader follows the story in turns through their eyes, learning about their past, their ambitions, their fears. This is a very subtle psychological drama that still haunts you for days after the last page has been devoured. And then, just to prolong that sense of being somehow part of the story, being inside the story, one goes out and buys a bottle of pinot noir from New Zealand, which plays such an important role in the book, to taste and to toast the book one more time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Punctuation please, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bride Flight (Kindle Edition)
I have only read the preview and am so frustrated by the lack of punctuation I won't be buying the book.

2.0 out of 5 stars No punctuation, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bride Flight (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this book after reading the first few pages & decided that I could cope with the lack of apostrophes but I've now got to a part of the book where there should be speech marks & it's impossible to follow!
I'm really disappointed as the story line is really good so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lack of apostrophe's ruined the book, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bride Flight (Paperback)
As other reader's have commented the lack of apostrophe's makes this book unreadable. It might be a very good story and maybe the paperback has apostrophe's, but the kindle version doesn't. I downloaded the sample and didn't even finish that as I found it too annoying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad translation to Kindle, 21 Jan 2013
Jane (Boughton, Faversham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bride Flight (Kindle Edition)
Looked at a sample and like many others, found it unreadable because of the lack of punctuation. As the reviews for the paperback are good, it must be to do with the Kindle conversion and it should be routine for authors/agents to check the converted text before offering it to the public. It would be unacceptable in hard copy and should be for the Kindle, too. We are after all, paying for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Story, 17 Dec 2011
Em B (Deal Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bride Flight (Paperback)
Absolutely brilliant story with unexpected twists and turns, so good I couldn't put it down! I thoroughly recommend it, Excellent

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Bride Flight (Kindle Edition)
I downlaoded the sample and agree with others about punctuation - so will not be buying. So easy to do correctly - what a pity.

ARRAY(0x9ee58cfc)