I have owned this BBC production on VHS for a long time and had been waiting to see its release on DVD, but enquiries with the BBC in London confirmed that it had been deleted from their list and would not be released in region 2. However BBC America did not delete it and released it on DVD to the delight of many of us.

What can one say about this highly...
Published on 3 Aug 2009 by Uenna

3.0 out of 5 stars very good but
I chose this rating because although it was very good I was disapointed that the only version I could get was in German considering that it was a English film.
Published 5 months ago by Jeremy mark compton

5.0 out of 5 stars International Emmy award winner - Best children's programm - 1995 - that says it all., 3 Aug 2009
Uenna (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

What can one say about this highly emotional and heart rending account of the Little Lord Fauntleroy -Cedric and his grandfather Lord Dorincourt, based on the novel of the same name by Frances Hodgson Burnett. This BBC production won the International Emmy awards in 1995 for best children's programme.

Plucked from poverty stricken 1879 New York, kind and compassionate Cedric Errol (Michael Benz), is summoned by his grandfather Lord Dorincourt (George Baker) to live in England as Lord Fauntleroy, the future Earl of Dorincourt, even though Lord Dorincourt refused to forgive and acknowledge Cedric's mother. How this pure and innocent loving boy, (well brought up by his mother), draws out and tames the reclusive and hard hearted Lord Dorincourt is beautifully dramatised, in this feature length (171) BBC mini-series, capturing the political mood of the time and the position of women in society then.

If you love good heart-warming drama or a fan of BBC period and costume drama, here is one for your shelf. Trust me when I say it is money well spent

4.0 out of 5 stars BBC video, 27 Feb 2011
this is by far the best production of little lord fantleroy, as i own the other two productions the quality of the tape is a bit grainy but considering it was from around 1995 i cannot complain, i just wish the BBC would bring it out on DVD as eventually video players will be a thing of the past, with the age of costume drama's upon us perhaps the should dig this one out of the cellar, umberto

5.0 out of 5 stars verry good, 7 Mar 2001
this video was well acted an was quite comical well worth the money for 2 tapes and i just could not keep myself away from the tv when i was watching it top marks!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Little Lord Fauntleroy, 2 Sep 2013
This review is from: Little Lord Fauntleroy - 2-DVD Set (DVD)
The quality of the dvd was fine and very enjoyable. The only drawback was that it was a German production and the main language was German which I didn't realise when I ordered it. However there was the choice of German or English for each episode. The blurb on the back of the dvd was in German though.

3.0 out of 5 stars very good but, 11 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Please, how can we hear it in ENGLISH?, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Little Lord Fauntleroy - 2-DVD Set (DVD)
I bought this because we used to have it on video. Unfortunately, the German DVD which was supposed to be heard also in English, was impossible to negotiate. We don't understand German, and spent a great deal of time trying to view the English version. We clicked on the English, and it always plays in German unless we skip the 1st two chapters of each part. Very frustrating.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Little Lord Fauntleroy - 2-DVD Set (DVD)
Wow - what a delightful drama, funny and well acted by all. Such was my delight that instead of watching one episode a day, I watched all of them over one evening. While the Alec Guinness version of the 1980s is considered the definitve interpretation, I actually preferred this as it is longer so the drama unfolds at a slightly slower pace and in more depth. Julian Fellowes, the adapter of this version, is the creator of Downton Abbey and he naturally adds his own embellishments which I personally enjoyed as I felt they illuminated the plot and characters, although purists might not. The boy who plays Fountelroy is older than in the novel and his shoeshine friend is much younger which irked me a little but not enough to mar my enjoyment of the play. The only thing I'd add that it seemed a little mean to the other boy who appears near the end (don't want to ruin the plot for those who don't know it) as he is contrasted with Fountelroy by being fat, dark haired, not very likeable and incredibly plain - just felt abit cruel for the child actor, but all good fun to watch. You will need to change the subtitles to English as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Little Lord Fauntleroy - 2-DVD Set (DVD)
The summary for the previous episode in the new episode are only in German. but except from that i am very satisfied.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 3 Aug 2014
When we sat down to watch it found it will not go past chapter 1

3.0 out of 5 stars Little Lord Fauntleroy, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: Little Lord Fauntleroy - 2-DVD Set (DVD)
I received Der Kleine Lord. I do not care for the German language. I would much rather have had Little Lord Fauntleroy. I find the film fantastic, actually.

Little Lord Fauntleroy - 2-DVD Set
Little Lord Fauntleroy - 2-DVD Set by Andrew Morgan (DVD)
22.67