Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 29 March 2012
This new folk band gets everything right and avoids the pretention unlike some similar bands I will not mention. The lead singer's voice is beautiful and oh so unique, and the songs have a nice variety and mix between them. Highlights include New Ceremony, No Rest and Weights and Measures, but the whole album is a superb debut. If you love alternative/folk rock, this is a great album to recommend!!!
on 19 April 2012
Not a regular reviewer but I had to comment on this album as I'm overjoyed that there are still artists that know how to craft a song. The uneven chord sequences and unusual time signatures remind me of Love but I can't detect any real cliches. A refreshing album that succeeds on it's own terms with rich instrumentation and affecting but unstylised vocals.
on 1 April 2012
A superb debut from Dry the River.Dont be put put off by Mumford comparisons,this is a far deeper and musically rich offering.Mumford are a mere pop band compared to these.I hear echos of Arcade Fire in the rich dense instrumentation and high vocals but they are certainly not mere copyists. A band to watch for sure!!!
on 12 September 2012
I love this album, I haven't stopped listening to it since the day I got it. The songs are so haunting and the lyrics are powerful, the album truly is a masterpiece in songwriting. I love the bands vocals, they really are breathtaking and I can't recommend this album highly enough.
on 16 October 2012
I don't do reviews but I love this cd , best new band I have listened to in ages, remind me a bit of Britsh Sea Powwr on some tracks but mostly the songs just work and are excellent especially No Rest and Weights And Measures. Looking forward to seeing them live
on 6 June 2012
Outstanding collection of well crafted songs in my mind better then Mumford and Sons to whom they are compared. Songs like New Ceremony, The Chamber and the Valves, Weights and Measures and Demons are my favourites although in truth there are no duds.
on 19 March 2012
I bought this album at the weekend and like it so much that I felt compelled to write my first ever review. Top notch composition, lyrics and execution. These guys are going places...just wait and see...
on 15 May 2012
Great Album, have listened to it several times since purchase, very intense sound at times, but gentle and melodious at others, this album will take me through summer.
on 10 October 2014