5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the range :-)
If you're not already a fan of Rory's Story Cubes, prepare to be converted! Such a simple idea, but beautifully executed.

The dice are nicely heavy in the hand: children really want to roll them. The storage box is also superb quality: you know that it'll last you for a long time.

I've used these dice (and the other two sets available) in the...
Published on 25 Feb 2012 by L. Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced
Like other reviewers I was expecting the dice to be larger.. for what you get they seem a bit overpriced.

Nevertheless, I think they are a great idea. I wanted them for in my classroom but they are too small so I will pass them on to my godson.

Another thing is... with technology these days I'm wondering how excited kids will be about these :/ they...
Published 4 months ago by rnrs17

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to the range :-), 25 Feb 2012
L. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages (Toy)

I've used these dice (and the other two sets available) in the classroom to inspire story telling and with my own children to occupy them on journeys. Sets can be shared across a class, with each group/table having different ones, or use a visualiser to show the same dice to the whole class. They will each interpret the pictures in their own way. Simply superb for shared writing or poetry. Think of something for each letter of the alphabet that fits the rolled image(s) or tell a story as a random die is chosen and rolled, or add another item to the list that gets ever longer ...

Lovely dice, with countless uses :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Simple Fun To Spark Your Imagination', 10 Dec 2012
Antony May (East Sussex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages (Toy)
As is usually the case with games, the most simple ideas are often the best. How much easier to play could a game be than picking up a handful of 'story cube' dice throwing them on the table and then, letting your imagination be guided by the combination of random images your throw has provided, either writing or telling a story beginning with 'Once Upon A Time'?

Rory's Story Cubes are not only educational, fun, and challenging they are perfect for parties when late in the hour the dancing has ceased and people are chatting around a table with a glass of wine. Writing clubs will also find them an invaluable tool for inspiring great works from members at workshops and the best thing about them is that there are millions of possible combinations so no two workshops will ever be the same!

The cubes come in a really tough little box with a magnetic fastener (nice touch!). They are of good quality manufacture and even repeated use is unlikely to cause any of the print to come off unlike many other cheap dice games.

Add to the fun the fact that other 'themed' sets ('Actions' & A 'Random' set') of 'Story Cubes' are also available and can be 'mixed & matched' together in any combination you choose and you have a simple game with endless twists and turns that will keep you and your friends amused until the end of time!

These 'Voyages' dice are especially great for combining with the 'Random' set and parents of small kids needing inspiration for the latest installment of their current 'bedtime story' will find them invaluable!

Charming, enchanting and with the ability to re-awaken the kid in even the oldest adult.

Essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product Review, 3 Nov 2013
Mrs. Mc Withey (Midlands England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages (Toy)
What a fantastic product. We purchased this one and the generic one. It was fun for the whole family. We have taken these two boxes along to restaurants and have played with them whilst waiting for food. My five year old really enjoyed creating the stories. Some people were put off by them; I would say the less creative amongst the group but nonetheless a good all rounder. I didn't purchase the blue box as I was unsure whether you would get as much from it as the others. My sister-in-law had however and she informs me that this one is not as good as the other two. I would most definately recommend this product and the orange one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages (Toy)
Bought this for my 10yr old son & we took it on holiday to play in restaurants while waiting for our meals. Good fun & small enough to pop in your handbag when going out, keeps the kids entertained!

4.0 out of 5 stars very small, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages (Toy)
they are normal dice size.. i don't know why i got the idea that they would be bigger but i was shocked when i opened the packet. they were for young children as a gift and so this is why i have knocked a star off as they now looked a small and slightly crappy gift. but...
i collected some props together to accompany the dice and it turned out to be a fab gift, the children and adults loved it and enjoyed making up lots of stories. on the whole i would buy this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rory's Story Cubes, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages (Toy)
I have two sets of cubes and may get more. I run creative writing groups and they are a great stimulus for adults or children. They can be used in so many ways to amuse, entertain, create little competitions, they are just good fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages (Toy)
Had these for a few hours and already the creative juices are flowing around our household like never before! The dice feel good, well made and weighty - sizing up at 19mm each, for anybody interested - boast 54 unique symbols and over 10,000,000 possible combinations. I've already ordered the other two sets!

My only wish is that these came with some kind of Scrabble-esqué bag - or that I could order a 'bundle pack' which included some kind of bag, and maybe even a small sixty-second hourglass for those of us that want to play competitively and introduce new hurdles into the game - however, in the meantime, the box is very sturdy and should hold the dice perfectly okay. Would wholeheartedly recommend to anybody!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 19 Feb 2013
This review is from: Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages (Toy)
I brought this product for my 6 year old son because he is a lazy reader! Very capable but lazy! I also brought the other ranges. When they arrived we sat down as a family and played lots of story telling with them - It was hilarious and even my 5 year old girl loved it. It really opened up his imagination! So much so that recently his story was shortlisted to receive an award and our local Festival of Literature! He didnt win but we keep playing with the cubes!!! Definate buy for all children!

5.0 out of 5 stars Story time takes on a whole new meaning!, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages (Toy)
I bought these as a present for my two neices at christmas as they are constantly asking for "stories" - I don't have kids yet myself so after a while my story telling ability drys up as there are only many options that I can come up with at short notice. At christmas I brought out the story dice and I can truly say we had a great time - we each got three dice and had to roll them and then make up a story together - it was hilarious and the girls loved it - even my nephew got involved as there are pirates and maps on the dice. It was a great way to spend a few hours with the kids and really opens up your eyes to how their minds work sometimes!. I'd highly recommend these - one of the best buys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic storytelling tool, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages (Toy)
I was recommended these cubes by a writer friend who said, while small, they were pleasingly solid and lovely items in their own right.

They arrived and I am glad to say that I was not disappointed. They are beautifully made, not at all plastic-y. They feel solid and chunky and the pictures, while occasionally a little ambiguous, are beautifully etched into them.

I bought them for fun and also for language teaching; for free-writing and storytelling practice. However, I also took them on a train journey with my three and a half year old and she absolutely loved them. I was actually very impressed by how quickly she took to telling stories of her own using pictures on the blocks as I thought they were really designed for older children and adults.
These cubes are going to be getting a lot of use over the years, I predict. I'd highly recommend them.

Rorys Story Cubes: Voyages