Size: 6-8.5|Colour: Gunmetal|Change
Price:£11.80 - £20.99

on 21 September 2012
I've got several pairs of these and they really are top quality. In my experience they last much longer than Bridgedale's non-Woolfusion socks (which I wouldn't buy again), and I've yet to use the 3-year warranty, although I'd say the socks last about that length of time.

I wear these every day in all seasons, and they provide ample warmth in Winter and breathe well in Summer, with good cushioning and a well-fitted toe thrown in. I've recently bought Bridgedale's Woolfusion "Summit" sock which looks and feels like a great sock, but I wouldn't wear it in Summer, so it's not as versatile as the Trekker.
on 13 November 2012
Getting on a bit now and starting to feel the cold in places I didn't a few years ago so decided to invest in some suitable socks. These are great - not cheap but apart from cold feet age has brought the realisation that you get what you pay for. Very comfortable and fit really well. Wool keeps the feet nice and warm but also allow them to breath. Can't recommend highly enough and where else do you get socks with a three year guarantee?
on 5 March 2014
Bridgedale are by the best socks I've had. Comfortable, warm, lightweight, fast drying. Perfect for me as being in the army I wear boots everyday at work.

Mostly wear Trailblaze also from Bridgedale but these provide a bit more warmth when the mercury is struggling to climb the thermometer. Would definitely recommend these for everyday wear and definitely worth spending a bit extra on a few good pairs of socks than to save the money buying inferior and having to keep replacing them when they wear out.
I have to say at the outset that this is a top quality sock, well constructed, and will no doubt last a while. It does come with a three year guarantee! It's quite a thin sock on the leg, but much thicker on and around the foot. Having said that, not too thick to make it uncomfortable to wear with tight fitting shoes/boots.

Why 4*? I am a 11.5 in shoe size and I thought the sock, albeit it did fit, felt a tad short. It did not come up my leg as far as I wanted, and so in this sense it felt a tad uncomfortable. I found myself pulling the sock up far too often. I wish now I had gone for the size 12 plus.

Overall, a more expensive sock than most, but strongly recommended.
on 27 May 2015
I think it's worth mentioning that im a soldier so picking the right socks for the right surroundings is key.

I have always been too tight to pay anymore than £12 for a pair of socks as i was worried if they'd match up to their reviews especially for me and the situations i would use them in.

I purchased these for a 4 day exercise where i would be wearing them daily, taking them off at night to air my feet out.

These came just above boot height and felt amazing comfortable when on.
They were that comfortable and soft it felt like i had no socks on as such. They fit well in my water resistant boots.

Each day i encountered stream crossings and covered over 6 miles a day with kit. My feet in other socks would be extremely soggy from sweat by now and the sock would feel wet however these dryed unbeliveably quick. So impressed.

They are not only comfortable feeling and warm, they dry very quickly.

I will buy a different set this week to see what differences there are and which suit me in which scenario.
on 12 February 2014
The whole range of Bridgedale socks are excellent. They are definitely the best hiking socks I have ever used in over 25 years of hiking. Each pair performs very well indeed for many years. Even if you have to put them on wet whilst up a mountain, they warm up quickly and are preferable to other socks. I have had a few pairs of the heavier weight socks (various Bridgedale product names) for nearly ten years....they have eventually needed to be replaced for mountain use... but are still perfectly good inside slippers...in the garden... or anywhere else where this standard of sock would seem totally unnecessary. The newest incarnation (Woolfusion Trekker) provide a standard of comfort, fit, cushioning and wicking that I have not found in any other product. They effectively upgrade and improve your boots. Bridgedale is the gold standard.
on 10 March 2014
I walk many miles backpacking and Bridgedale are the only socks I wear. This Trekker version in wool fusion are comfortable, hardwearing and wash well. Bridgedale make a similar sock in merino wool, which I feel is more comfortable but is less durable. Down to the individual.
on 5 March 2013
GREAT SOCKS VERY WARM AND THEY ALSO WASH WELL. i am a postman out in all weathers they are ideal
on 4 November 2014
I walk a lot for my job (8-10 miles a day) and have gone through a fair few brands, trying to get a better result for avoiding blisters.

I read these were great, and while I can agree that the quality is flawless, they simply didn't work for me.

I had been using 1000 mile socks, and was looking for something better. These did not meet my wants. I'll stick with my 1000 mile until I eventually find something better.
on 20 November 2014
I work different shifts in boots (the footwear not the chemists). As a little experiment (I assure you i am not in the habit of doing this honest!) I wore my new Trekkers for a 13.5 hr shift, followed by 10.5 hr shift and finally a 9 hr shift. Add another 3 hours for initially putting them on in the morning to taking them off at night, then, to be fair, the additional showers I have at lunchtimes. Then bear in mind I didn't wash them! (yes, I'm a very sad individual)
Was there a point to all this?
Oh yes, it's that the Trekkers remained odour free until the 3rd evening (even then, it wasn't that bad) and were extremely comfortable, warm but not too warm, sweat free socks.
So buy them is what I say.
That is all.