4.0 out of 5 stars Bingggg or should that be Bongggg
Nice sounds, neat idea, good execution. I haven't used it to meditate yet but I've listened to all the bells, configured the repeat interval bells etc and it works great. No annoying ads and if you want you can login and see who else is meditating around the world.
Published 18 months ago by Wavewobbler

2.0 out of 5 stars Lack of Insight
The app has many features, and is generally very good, but for me falls down in one major area (and chance two stars).

Published 18 months ago by Gaxxian

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Bingggg or should that be Bongggg, 8 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic app to help you relax and meditate, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Insight Timer - Meditation Timer (App)
This is a must-download while it is free.
The sounds of the bells are beautifully recorded and the ability to set up a personal meditation plan is lovely.
This really contributes to relaxation and in the summer I am planning to sit in the garden in the sunshine with this app plugged into my headphones and lose myself in the peace.
Even if you have never tried meditating before and do not consider yourself a spiritual person, I recommend you to try this - especially while it is free to download.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Meditation Timer!, 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Insight Timer - Meditation Timer (App)
My husband and I both have this app and love it. We time our meditations but sometimes sit longer. We use the interval bells to keep us focused & aware. The journal is handy to keep track of my meditations and charts to see my progress, total times and consecutive days. I can see who else is meditating around the world, in my area and some groups to join. You will love this app whether you are new to meditation or experienced.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lack of Insight, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Insight Timer - Meditation Timer (App)

It has several bell sounds, all of which sound very good - many different options which should suit everyone. The timers you can set are very customisable; you can set different types of bell to begin and end sessions, and also different numbers of strikes at the beginning and end. There's also an option for interval chimes.

All in all, everything that you could want from a meditation timer app.

Apart from one crucial thing: allowing you to turn the screen off and save your battery.

It's crazy that an app which requires no visual attention (you're supposed to be meditating, remember) should insist on sitting there burning through your battery displaying a screen which its users will definitely not be looking at.

Why this app can't run in the background without the screen on is beyond me. I have another less featuresome app that easily does this.

If it ran in the background with the screen off and the device locked, it would deserve five stars, but forcing people to waste battery power like this means it's almost useless unless you plug your device in to charge to use it.

Being needlessly wasteful of battery power gets this app two stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if you only need one timing at a time., 28 Aug 2014
This review is from: Insight Timer - Meditation Timer (App)
The gong sounds are lovely and the networking and recording facilities very good. However, I needed to programme the timer for repeated consecutive meditations and couldn't do it. I had to reset the timer every time, instead of it going straight on to the next meditation without a pause. Not suitable for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and wonderful, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Insight Timer - Meditation Timer (App)
Everything about this app is ace, it's well designed has lots of great free guided meditations and links you with groups and an entire community of people mediating, I love the tracking being able to see how I am doing. If you mediate this app is all you need is well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful and motivating, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Insight Timer - Meditation Timer (App)
Great value app. Features I like: the timer, guided meditations, special interest groups and real time update on who is meditating with you. The best value for money I have found in an app so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Insight Timer - Meditation Timer (App)
I love this, I am picky about singing bowl sound and this gives a choice. I use it every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars stop the world li want to get off., 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Insight Timer - Meditation Timer (App)
Great guided meditation s at any time of the day .love to use one of the short ones at lunchtime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Supports meditation, 12 Dec 2013
This review is from: Insight Timer - Meditation Timer (App)
Great support to meditation not just a timer. Groups and ability to see who is sitting the same time as you is great, looking at the graphs of your meditation is especially motivating. I also love the journal which is very helpful. The back light staying on is not so good but I have not found it drains my battery too much as I just turn the brightness down.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›