on 19 May 2015
This thing is massive, but appears to be very well built and sturdy. Would sit very well with a busy AV or computing set up and has it's own power button (which is quite bright just in case you plan to have this in a bedroom for example). The layout of the sockets themselves is very sensible and fits any type of plug comfortably no matter what weird and wonderful shape they are (something I've struggled with in the past with certain extension lead designs. I also particularly like the tower design over the previous flat designs I've used as lifting them of the floor seems to have made the area behind my AV equipment a little less cluttered. Not sure of it's surge protecting qualities but I have no reason to doubt them given the general quality of the item.

I mainly got this because it was a Lightning Deal impulse but overall I'm very happy with it, and I probably would pay full price if I was specifically in the market for one...
on 23 July 2012
Generally excelent, I now own two of these.
The 12 sockets + 2 usb charges gives plenty of charging options, the sockets are angled so as to give options for odd sized plugs.The base feels a bit flimsy and they are expensive, but it does the job and so far no complaints.
on 16 November 2012
This is by far the best extension I have ever had. It has more sockets than you would ever need. The guarantee is amazing. I would recommend this for anyone wanting to safeguard a PC and all the prehiprials (monitors, printer, superhub, etc.) or for you TV, your consoles and TiVo or other set top boxed
on 5 November 2012
I needed something that I was going to be able to connect everything to as I could not get my landlord to change the plug socket. The best thing about the tower is that it has two USB power slots so that has freed up another two sockets which means that everything I have runs off this. Good sturdy product. Spent alot of time looking at reviews and they were very mixed, but in my opinion, its a fantastic product.
on 30 September 2013
With a new baby I needed some better power extensions. This one looks a little bit priced, but you pay for what you get. It is a great power extension, which saves a lot of space, and it's ideal for a small child, as you can place it over the table without any problem as it fits in a small corner :)
on 26 September 2014
I really like this extension lead. It's very much feature-heavy and looks well to boot.

I've tested all twelve sockets and they each work fine. One complaint I do have is that the two sockets at the base of the tower on the narrow sides are not well suited to most plugs. Even if you look in the picture above you'll probably see what I mean. There simply isn't enough space below the socket for most plugs to fit. That said, they are still functional and it is unlikely that many would have need for 12 sockets simultaneously without at least two of the plugs capable of fitting. I certainly don't at the time being.

The USB ports are a wonderful inclusion and will come in very handy for charging various devices. The telecom ports, too, could be very useful for some, though I have little use of them at the moment. By the way, I didn't see it mentioned in the product description but there's an ethernet cable and a telecom cable supplied with the product. I haven't measured either but I would guess they're about a metre each. It's a nice thought, even though I don't personally have any need of them.

The power switch is a little easy to hit, I think. It hasn't happened to me yet, but I can see how I could easily switch off the tower by accident some time. I do appreciate the inclusion though.

The base keeps the tower fairly sturdy, all things considered. I don't worry that it will topple. The lead could be a little longer though, but it's certainly not restrictively short as is.

While the sheen finish is what makes the tower look quite well (by extension lead standards), it also is very easily marked. After a few minutes the thing was covered in my fingerprints. To me, that is not a big deal, but I can see how some might go for this product ahead of others for how its appearance fits their decor a little better.

I'm pretty happy with this tower extension lead. It's certainly not perfect but it has many features that set it apart from other similar products.
on 15 May 2013
overall this is a good system, has plenty of plugs features and stores my items vertical which is a great benefit for me, as i have limited space

however the plug lock in is a little weak, and takes allot of pressure ( to the point of me wondering if i'm bending things ) to push the plugs in flash with the base

other than that, i can confirm it works as it has tripped twice already since installing it apparently my power really is that bad, i lost a graphics card and psu recently! hopefully no more will go up in smoke with this installed.
on 19 March 2014
Yes its expensive but not going to risk getting a cheap alternative given the cost of replacing all the equipment I have connected. Great that most of the sockets are at a 45 degree angle so you can fit all those awkward plugs. USB power sockets are very handy. All sockets filled and seems stable. Just have to tidy my cabling a bit.
on 2 December 2015
It was between this and the Monster surge protector. I opted for this instead because of the lightning deal plus this was a tower and not the old fashioned standard horizontal on-the-floor based ones.
Looks better, ease of access, surge protection, good quality build...except the power switch is somewhat flimsy and at times I can hear electric sparks if I press it lightly but it has guarantee to a value of £10,000 so if they're true to what's stated and there's no other small-print shady exemptions / T&C's I'm covered.
Would of been ace if it was possible to have this with the sure protection but also individual off switches besides every plug as sometimes certain things I don't need or want powered on, other than that it's great value! Ace!
on 10 April 2016
As a previous buyer of smaller Masterplug extension blocks to see this one for £17.99 was too hard to resist. It has replaced a more generic looking tower with similar looks but that's as far as the similarities go. This tower is well made of solid shiny plastic with all sockets well positioned (8 angled) so all adapters will fit comfortably. It has a dedicated on/off switch for the tower but not for each socket. The LED lights on top (like other Masterplug adapters) may be too bright for a bedroom but I don't use it there. The telecom/USB ports may be useful depending on your setup and there are clips to hold cable if needed. It sits very firmly on its base. Highly Recommended, particularly if you can get it under £20.00.