5.0 out of 5 stars If you open it, they will come
I bought this fabulous jigsaw to help diffuse one or two of the tensions caused by several different generations being forced to spend time together over the festive period. I simply left the box open and waited for the first relative to come along and 'interfere'. Honestly, you could have set your watch by THAT one.

It worked brilliantly and was the perfect...
Published on 28 Dec. 2012 by Hal Marshall

1.0 out of 5 stars my husband loves these puzzles, and has completed many ...
my husband loves these puzzles, and has completed many of them, this one however, is the jigsaw puzzle doer's nightmare... 1 piece missing!!!! as it comes sealed in the box, can only assume it was missing from the outset
Published 5 months ago by sbr

5.0 out of 5 stars If you open it, they will come, 28 Dec. 2012
Hal Marshall "It wasn't me!" (Brentwood) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gibsons 1980s Sweet Memories Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 pieces) (Toy)

It worked brilliantly and was the perfect 'team game'. The older folk tackled it with gusto, reminiscing about the Thatcher years, the effects of inflation on the price of confectionery and the dubious comedy virtues of Jimmy Tarbuck. The under-10s were able to make a huge contribution too, as the pieces are large enough for them to handle comfortably and the individual components of the puzzle are easily recognisable. It is bright and colourful, the 80s were a loud decade!

As for us thirty... OK, forty-somethings, we were on familiar territory. There isn't one sweet on this puzzle that I didn't munch my way through during the 1980s and I've got the fillings and the dress collection from Evans to prove it.

This is an extremely well made and brilliantly evocative puzzle. You can almost smell the chocolate as you work your way through it though, so if you're on a diet it might represent a rather unique form of torture. It is perfect for any multi-generational get-together, particularly one that could, at least on paper, rapidly degenerate into something approximating World War Three.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a way to spend the run up to Christmas (at the time of writing)..., 23 Dec. 2013
.......as the wind howls and the rain batters the windows!

Fantastic jigsaw from GIBSONs, and for those of us who like doing the 'word bits' in jigsaws don't be fooled into thinking that this is easy!
With all the 'special offer' & price flashes, this puzzle does pose a challenge at times!

High quality pieces - 1000 of them - make up into a trip down memory lane with the various wrappers from the 80s. 'Marathon' and 'Opal Fruits' are here (and not the silly new names (IMO) these sweeties carry these days).

The assembled rectangular jigsaw measures 68.5 cm x 49 cm which fits comfortably onto aPortaPuzzle.

Loved it so much I have now ordered this & this.
Sadly, they are going to arrive after Christmas, which is probably just as well as I might get something else done like cooking the Christmas dinner!

Merry Christmas, everyone - take care :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 1 July 2014
Great fun! It didn't take me as long to complete as I was expecting, but it provided hours of fun. All pieces are different and easy to connect. Pieces are thicker than I was used to, but this is a welcome difference. Colours match the box. It does NOT come with glue, as some puzzles do.

Highly recommend, especially for those who know all these chocolates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and nostalgic, 22 Jan. 2015
Fun and nostalgic, did not have some of the sweets I remembered and was hoping to see and had some which I couldn't recall at all. Enjoyed doing this and have passed on to others of the same generation

5.0 out of 5 stars Sugar rush!, 17 July 2012
Being a young kid in the eighties, it was nice to look back at the chocolate bars and sweets I had then (I manage to refer to 'Snickers' correctly now but still can't quite leave the 'Opal Fruits' name behind!)

This was a really enjoyable puzzle to do, me and my husband have done this twice now! Each time we take different sweets to complete and it's nice that he enjoys this puzzle as much as me (I'm the jigsaw puzzler of the family).

I think this would be great for any puzzler to enjoy, but also would make an unusual and great gift for someone who may not otherwise do jigsaws. It's not too hard for the beginner, but certainly isn't overly easy for a regular 'jigger'!

The puzzle was good quality (although the one I got was admittedly full of cardboard dust - I literally had to clean the pieces and then vacuum the completed puzzle! - but I'm sure this was a one off from Gibsons). The pieces have a slightly waxy feel to them, but are durable and fit together well.

An unusual jigsaw, part of the 'Memories' range at Gibsons - so if this one doesn't quite appeal, take a look at the other decades available and relive your youth. Happy puzzling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and fun, 17 Nov. 2014
This is the first 1000 piece puzzle I have ever attempted and I loved it. I finished it in two days. I'd say it's a very easy puzzle because there are no vast areas of one colour. All the pieces are pretty easy to recognise and place vaguely where they go. I am going to frame and hang it in our living room. Really really enjoyed this. :-D

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun, 19 Oct. 2014
Really enjoyed this. Haven't done a jigsaw in years, but after seeing this I cool 1980s chocolate puzzle I soon changed that. Spent hours on it; it became so addictive. Very colourful and brought back so many memories. Will buy more from this range.
Product arrived sooner than expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun at Christmas, 21 Jan. 2013
Bought this for my daughter and it kept her quiet for three days...............Brilliant!!!
She really enjoyed the puzzle, but was very interested in all the old labels - and we had some fun remembering what we used to snack on and how little they cost then.....!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fun Jigsaw, 10 Jan. 2013
Bought this for my hubby for Chrimbo..and both of us loved it. Takes you back with good auld memories, particularly how cheap the choccies were :-D Whether you are a avid jigsaw solver or a complete novise ..this jigsaw was great fun, ideal gift at reasonable price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great puzzle, good quality, 31 Dec. 2012
This puzzle is beautifully made and certainly brings back memories! It was bought as a gift for my jigsaw mad husband and he tells me its challenging and entertaining without being overly difficult. Lovely picture quality too.