5.0 out of 5 stars The Puzzler
This jigsaw looked lovely when completed, but quite a challenge, not for the faint hearted, especially beginners. Good luck to those who try, worth the effort.
Published on 25 April 2012 by Ellabee

2.0 out of 5 stars Gibsons After the Rain Jigsaw
I loved the picture but the puzzle was dreadful. Badly cut with a scratch across it and an absolute nightmare to do unless you have full light all over it. I hated it so much I have sold it on ebay for a £1 and glad to see the back of it. I have over 100 jigsaw puzzles in my collection - but this one hasn't joined it. So disappointing.
Published on 8 Jun. 2013 by patti

5.0 out of 5 stars The Puzzler, 25 April 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile challenge., 5 Nov. 2012
Bluecashmere. (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gibsons After the Rain Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 pieces) (Toy)
Gibson's jigsaws are not of quite the material quality of Ravensburger's, though with exceptions the latter's pictures are less appealing and original. This puzzle is certainly a challenge and as another reviewer says, the challenge comes not a little from pieces fitting comfortably where they do not belong. I can't recall before working so much from the inside out rather than constructing the frame first. Some of the outside pieces are particularly deceptive. Dogged persistence is a must but careful scrutiny of the picture is rewarded and although frustration set in at times it was a good feeling to complete the puzzle and the finished product is pleasing to the eye. The only problem that remains is having to break it up, quite painful after all that patient effort. Not for the beginner, perhaps, but ultimately the puzzle affords a rewarding experience.

2.0 out of 5 stars Gibsons After the Rain Jigsaw, 8 Jun. 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Gibsons After The Rain Jigsaw, 21 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Gibsons After the Rain Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 pieces) (Toy)
liked the picture but it was the most frustrating jigsaw I ever made. Very dark hard to tell at times if the pieces belonged on the right or the left side of the picture. I agree with your over reviewers who felt it was badly cut & a nightmare to do. I did feel like giving up but had to finish it as the delivery & handling charges were nearly twice the cost of the puzzle I felt for me it was much too expensive to give up on & then to top it all there was a piece missing but I did get a piece from another jigsaw……..well I hope the piece is from another jigsaw.

2.0 out of 5 stars After The Rain, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Gibsons After the Rain Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 pieces) (Toy)
What a shame that this wonderful picture by such an imaginative artist was so badly reproduced. The colours of the jigsaw are not comparable to the picture which made it almost impossible to fathom. Where there is a large area of similar colour the pieces are not sufficiently differentiated. I couldn't finish this jigsaw!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 27 Jan. 2013
Gwendoline P. Davies (W. Glam. S.Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gibsons After the Rain Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 pieces) (Toy)
This is a fabulous picture not easy to do excellent quality and well worth the money my husband loves it

2.0 out of 5 stars Too dark, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Gibsons After the Rain Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 pieces) (Toy)
The image on the cover of the box is much brighter than the actual Jigsaw, which makes it much harder to do. The image is quite nice though.

5.0 out of 5 stars gibson jigsaw, 1 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Gibsons After the Rain Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 pieces) (Toy)
Beautiful picture - really enjoyed the challenge of building this jigsaw - very difficult and not for the feint hearted but absolutley beautiful when finished - would highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars After the rain..., 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Gibsons After the Rain Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 pieces) (Toy)
I agree with a previous review that you to do this puzzle with a good light on it - otherwise it's almost impossible.
I spent many happy hours with this puzzle recently and in the family tradition didn't use the picture on the box as a guide... having said that i made more than a few mistakes on the way. The pieces are cut well but it's not hard to make mistakes with the darker pieces. Like another review also, i grouped similar pieces together and built up the jigsaw from there. It did indeed look lovely when finished.

5.0 out of 5 stars Challenging, 15 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Gibsons After the Rain Jigsaw Puzzle (1000 pieces) (Toy)
I really liked this picture as soon as I saw it. I have to admit it was a challenging puzzle due to there being several dark areas and glistening wet cobbles as would be expected, bearing the title in mind. I did get some dark pieces in the wrong places several times but realised my mistakes. It took me a week, off and on, to complete, and I felt proud of myself. The scene transported me to another place on cold wintry evenings, so much so that I have bought Gibson's Evening in Paris by the same artist.