4.0 out of 5 stars A warm, comfortable running vest
Published on 15 Nov. 2012 by Ian Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but questionable sizing
I prefer loose fit clothes and in sports clothes a Large is usually fine for me at size 14. This product was far too snug round the hips and stomach, perhaps because it's a longer length. Very disappointing. Had to return it at a cost of £6, a lot of money to try something on, won't be doing that again! A shame as well as the product looked good and ideal for my purposes.
Published 1 month ago by C. Street

4.0 out of 5 stars A warm, comfortable running vest, 15 Nov. 2012
Ian Thomas "Swarley" (Cambridgeshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very good for cold weather running - it keeps you nice and warm without overheating, and it allows good freedom of movement. My wife found the vest runs true to size. She is a 5'3" tall size 6-8 and found the XS cut to be a little long in the body for her, which may make this better suited to the taller framed person. When she tried to put her iPhone in one of the bottom pockets, it obstructed her leg movement when running, so she had to keep the phone in her chest pocket instead. Also a black vest is possibly not the best colour for a cold weather item when mainly running in the darkness of the early evenings, although this vest does feature some high visibility markings.

Overall, this is a good quality product which represents good value for money as a general purpose running vest. My wife would now buy other items from this brand based on her experience with this vest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item. I am just a jogger, 4 Mar. 2015
Great item.
I am just a jogger, but like to keep warm and dry. I've done a few little 4km runs in this in horizontal drizzle, biting wind.... and was well protected from both the wet and the cold.
I am 5'4" , uk size 8, and the XS fits perfectly, giving me enough room for a couple of merino layers underneath. I love the longer length, both in terms of keeping my butt warm and feeling decent. I think the jiggling of the zips might get annoying on longer runs but it's easy to remove the little extra dangly bit if I want to.
Pockets are not fancy, just two at hand level at the front, plus one for a phone at chest level. All 3 pockets have zips.
Added bonus is the thing doesn't scream "runner" and so is brilliant for gardening, rambling, camping. Again, love the fact that my lower back is protected from the cold.
I was surprised at the thickness of it, but I guess I was expecting something more kagool weight than almost anorak weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 6 Sept. 2013
Bought this vest for a hiking trip to Norway, where it is a bit cold at the end of august. This vest kept me very warm. I like, that it is a bit long, it keeps you more warmer. I wouln't change it. Great product for the price. And the size fits great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great quality!, 6 Dec. 2014
This sleeveless jacket was an absolute bargain on Amazon. It's really good quality, has well thought out pockets, and I love the top pocket which is perfect for a mobile phone or other device with headphones. I have worn it for long walks over a thick running top and it has been perfect for carrying my essentials and keeping me at the perfect temperature. The only reason for 4 stars is that I am quite short, 5'2" and I find it a little long. I bought a small size which fits my size 8-10 build perfectly everywhere else, but I find that it comes down to the tops of my thighs which I find a little restrictive for walking and running when zip is done up. However my taller friend has one and finds it perfect and of course it keeps you warmer!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice product but questionable sizing, 25 Mar. 2015
C. Street (Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ultrasport Women's Softshell Vest Athina (Sports Apparel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pot luck item, 27 Oct. 2012
debbie8355 (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The item I received to review is the same body shape and zip design as the vest pictured but has arms and the black/purple colourway is reversed. I have a purple jacket with black zip and trims. So in no way looks like the photo although all the labels, tags and Amazon barcodes match the item description. So I will limit my review to the torso fit, fabric quality and whether it makes you sweaty. Plus some waffle.

I ordered this with my daughter in mind because I'm not small size. Usually a size 14 top because of my DD decolletage and eating too much cake but this fits in a comfortable way and doesn't make me look fat, just sporty. +10 stars.

You may want to order a smaller size than you think, especially if you plan to do sport in it and lose weight.

The fabric feels good, very comfortable. It's very thin and lightweight but waterproof. Smells a tiny bit wetsuity in a good way but is no way thick or rubbery. It also doesn't luckily have that awful looking writing down the zip fabric shown in the item photo. 4 stars.

I will mention the arms even though the picture shows no arms. The sleeves are long - they come down to that finger jointy bit above your nails. You can fold them back to reveal the black lining but I don't thike the look of doing that - not a good shape. I hadn't noticed me being short armed in any other coats so I don't like the long sleeves which you may or may not be getting. 2 stars.

The purple colour I received on the main body of my coat described as a vest is a lovely deep shade of purple - v nice. I imagine if you get black it will look very good with the vibrant purple trim. Almost 5 stars.

There are 3 good strong well made pockets. One above your left (insert word Amazon filters will allow for blue ..., Alan ...marsh)which may spoil the overall sleek look of the top if you put anything in there and two good side pockets. 5 stars.

I've been wearing it all morning inside and out and haven't perspired in it so no fear of getting ultra sweaty. Running my shouldn't be there sleeve under the tap also left me feeling dry.

All in all 4 stars as it's not perfect but I like it.

A bit like the tags on the actual item which say among other things Congratulations!! You have purchased a [sic] ultrasport quality product in the functional.

I think if you order this you will have to have in mind what you get may not be what you're expecting. This is not unusual for Amazon. I'm thinking of a toy train I ordered which was described as a picnic basket - I was half disappointed not to receive a pic-a-nic basket instead, and the labelling Amazon fairies put on sleeping bags - I've had all sorts of surprises over the years. Half the fun at shopping at Amazon. As long as you have time, patience and energy to return things.

5.0 out of 5 stars but fits great, is big small size, 24 April 2015
I was worry about the size, but fits great, is big small size, I'm 168cm and is long in the good meaning, the best for running in windy but not too cold weather, lots of pockets for girls who like take plenty of stuff with them,

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for running and its brilliant as it keeps you warm without over heating, 6 Feb. 2015
I bought this for running and its brilliant as it keeps you warm without over heating. Very comfortable and good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars great jacket, 27 Jan. 2015
beautiful, soft and comfy perfect for running, great flexible fabric makes it easy to move in. a great windproof layer

Ultrasport Women's Softshell Vest Athina