on 5 March 2014
I bought this bird feed after thinking what good value it seemed to be. However, I now know why. It is bulked out with cheap wheat which the birds aren't overly keen on, and after feeding from the bird feeders, there was a lot of mess on the ground from the wheat they didn't want to eat. From now on I am buying sunflower hearts, mealworms and fat balls, and that is all. Don't waste your money.
on 17 August 2014
Haven't tried it personally - but the birds seem to like it - although they are pretty fussy & eat the best bits first. So I don't put any more out until they've eaten ALL the seeds. That works well even though they probably get pretty grumpy....
on 20 July 2013
Birds love this seed but then birds love any seed you put out don't they? I get plenty of birds but I do if I put toast, cheese and fruit cake out. I think the trick is to give them a mixed diet in the cold months so maybe always a good idea to have seed in stock. I'd buy this again.
on 2 April 2013
This is the second bag of this I have had and my only complaint is that the birds like it so much I am constantly refilling the feeder. Can't believe it's free postage either, so I can have a nice big bag of feed delivered instead of lugging it round the shop. Will definitely order more.
on 7 January 2014
This bird seed consists of wheat, split maize, millet, sunflower seeds, red dari and rapeseed oil according to the bag. I don't know the ratio of each and I don't know much about bird seeds but just wanted to continue feeding the birds with something cheaper than my previous bird seed. I add peanuts and monkey nuts. The birds in our garden vary each year so it's hard to say if it attracts a good selection of birds. At the moment it's mainly crows, pigeons, doves, jackdaws robins and wrens ( I think) plus some squirrels but that could change. Some of this seed seems to lie around for a while but in the end it all goes. I would like a wider selection to give to the birds but think that giving them something is much better than nothing.
on 4 April 2013
The birds in my garden seem to love this mixture. I like the fact that I do not have to carry this home from the shops and also that I can skip a delivery if necessary. Would recommend this to anyone who feeds the birds.
on 28 February 2014
I am sorry to say that the birds in my garden are not keen on this bird seed. There seems to be a large amount of (I think it is) wheat in the seed and this is left to clog the feeders, ending up having to be thrown away. So, although this looks like good value, I would not recomment it at all.
on 28 March 2013
The birds love the seed and it has transformed the garden into a zoo. Lovely to see. I would say that I have found the seed cheaper at B&M or pound stretcher.
on 18 April 2014
Very few sunflower or large seeds, its mainly tiny seeds that fall through my ground feeder. The only birds that eat it are wood pigeons which is a shame as I bought it for my resident dunnock and they just flick it around and dont eat it.
I have since thrown it away and bought some more substantial seed from a local shop.
on 26 May 2014
Great basic bird seed and a great price as an Amazon Prime Add on product too. Would recommend to anyone who wants a good entry level bird seed - has a lot of wheat but that's to be expected in such a cheap product.