4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best in the series
Published on 18 July 2012 by Bookworm

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre and Ridiculous
Published 3 months ago by A. Rose

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best in the series, 18 July 2012
This review is from: My Ruthless Prince: Inferno Club: Book 4 (The Inferno Club) (Kindle Edition)
Let me start by saying I LOVE Galen Foley...as soon as I read my first novel by her I was hooked and quickly gobbled up the rest. This series is brilliant, though not as addictive as The Knights Miscellany Series. The thing I love about Galen's stories is the amount of detail that goes into developing the relationship between the protagonists. In this book there is too much emphasis on the mystery and the action and not on Drake and Emily. The book is still v.good, but I didn't find myself as completely absorbed as I have been with the others. That being said with the twists at the end I find myself hugely intrigued to see what happen's next, plus I have a feeling that Beau and Carissa's story will be my favourite of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing once again!, 26 Nov 2014
I absolutely love this series and it keeps getting better and better! My Ruthless Prince is darker than the previous novels and I think it's all the better for it. The emotions that are played out are gut wrenching and had me all a flutter at some points and in despair at others. It's such a good read and deals with lots of issues that have been building up so far. It also allows us a glimpse into so far unseen areas and we get to catch up with previous Inferno Club members. All in all I highly recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre and Ridiculous, 31 Aug 2014
A. Rose (England) - See all my reviews
Foley's books are ridiculous - let's make no bones about it. However, up until this point, it was enjoyable, readable, tosh. This book however was just too much. I spent more time rolling my eyes, muttering under my breath and skipping great chunks due to exasperation at the idiocy of the 'plot' than enjoying the story. Elizabeth Hoyt does a far better and more convincing job of including fantasy and intrigue into historical romance in her 'Maiden Lane' novels. I highly recommend them in place of this rot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Change of location for Inferno Club, 26 July 2013
Great characters, both male and female.
Refreshing change of location and lots of action.
I didn't give a 5 stars to this book because the plot is quite convoluted and sometimes just a bit too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic book to the series...., 3 Jun 2013
I love this series of books. I read the first 5 in two weeks. I Couldn't put the book down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 5 July 2012
taken into another world of Earls, Marquess, Dukes and Knights and also the bad side evil charaters. unable to put book down.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Ruthless Prince, 23 Jan 2012
I have now read a fair few of Gaelen Foley books, and on a whole I really enjoy them. They bring a new look on the prim and proper Regency period. All the heroes are strong and masterful, and the heroines strong willed, independant and non complient, which is what all Regency women were meant to be. My only downside of her books is that sometimes I feel she makes the sex scenes to graphic. I am not a prude in anyway, but her books dont need the sexual content, or to be as graphic as they are. Less is more. But I would recommend these books to romance/period readers, as they certainly do keep you engrossed.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!, 8 Jan 2012
S. Hall "book lover" (uk) - See all my reviews
WOW!!! i think this is one of the best books i have ever read!!! The heroine is completely devoited to the hero and is, without ruining the story, willing to die for him. One of Gaelen's best!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Over it, 5 Nov 2012
S. Shamma "Suad" (Abu Dhabi, UAE) - See all my reviews
I have nothing against Gaelen Foley or her books, but I think I've just reached the point where I am completely over these romances. No matter how much I try to continue reading them (because I used to be obsessed with them once upon a time), I now find myself annoyed with the characters, irritated with the redundancies and frustrated with the predictable plots.

But again, all genres are like that, and so I'm being a little unfair. I think the truth of the matter is, I just outgrew historical romances. I still buy them because there are so many different series that I'm yet to finish, and so when the new parts come out I automatically buy them out of habit, but I just can't get immersed into the story the way I used to. A book like this would have usually kept me on my toes, and the romance would have made my heart jump out of my chest. Not anymore.

I've enjoyed many of Gaelen Foley's books, and she has always been a favourite. However, I do agree that this series was a little too mystery oriented that it seemed to get a little bit out of hand. It became almost unbelievable in the things that were happening.

All in all, I did not enjoy reading this book and found myself skipping a good deal of it to get to the point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read.., 8 Oct 2012
I really love Gaelen foley, her books series are adictive.

The inferno club has no limit for love histories, each book shows how the members are high born well trained warrios and how each of them fall deeply in love with their other halves.

I highly recommended.