on 25 October 2013
So i like these alot. We used to go through nibs very quick...yes we all know that they split far too quick...great design feature for Wacom...sigh.
This is mixture of them being too soft and the material being used. I tried the firm ones but had response problems on tap.
So here is what i do. Get an ear bud or a little bit of cotton wool, pull off about half the cotton and pack the inside of nib.
It firms up the nib which is nice but it still retains its softness for response and makes it last 3-4 times longer. Yes it will still wear out.
It will actually IMHO improves the performance and longevity. Have fun and enjoy your nibs ;-)
22 comments|93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 December 2013
These nibs are the 6mm replacement nibs for the first generation Bamboo Solo stylus. I recently bought the second generation (Solo 2) stylus and these nibs were displayed alongside so one would assume they fit but they don't. If you have the Solo 2 then you need the 5mm nibs (Wacom product code ACK-20609). I did have the Solo and these nibs are good quality, last a reasonable time before replacing and it is a damn site cheaper than buying a completely new stylus.
on 30 April 2012
I have tried a few styluses for the iPad and the Wacom Bamboo Stylus is still the best... the nib works really well, with a great touch and feel on the iPad surface. The pen itself feels very natural in the hand and I use it all the time on my iPad for painting, vector graphics and navigation (although navigation is a bit of an overkill and can lead to wearing out the nib before it should). However, the BIG plus this stylus has over all the others I have tried is that you can replace the nibs when they wear out and this is a major cost saving over the competition because the stylus nibs don't last long if you do a lot of art work on the iPad. Other good styluses I have used are in the range of £20 and when the stylus nib wears out you have to replace the whole stylus... thats crazy! Wacom gives you 3 nibs for £8 that's much better value. So 5 stars for not ripping off the public and providing an excellent stylus.
on 13 January 2013
The first tip started splitting after about a month of daily use. Also it looses it's firmness quickly.

This was also the case with the tip I got with my bamboo stylus. If you plan to use your stylus daily don't buy a bamboo stylus, nor these.
on 5 May 2014
Before you buy this item check u have a compatible bambo stylus, it fits the original bambo solo not the bambo solo 2.
I do own the original and i love these replacement tips they are a perfect fit for my needs and are an amazing bargin

QUICK TIP... If u use the tips for notetaking or drawing..... take 1/2 the wool from one end of a cotten bud, fluff it up and then push it in to the nib before you add it on to your stylus, it stiffens the nib without reducing responsivness and makes it far easyer to use.

QUICK TIP 2.... If ur sylus starts to not respond very well clean your screen and dip the tip of the nib in to a v small ammount of talcom powder, now gently rub it in to the nib in the palm and it will become just as responsive as if it was brand new.

Hope this helps
on 3 July 2012
These replacement tips are what makes the Wacom Bamboo stylus so much better than a lot of the competition. They are considerably slimmer and softer in use, and compared to the boxwave stylus a lot smoother and more comfortable when using. however, with this ease of use comes a downside - they wear out! Hence these replacements. I wore my first one out in six weeks of heavy use.

The current amazon price is £9 for three, but if you buy direct from Wacom Europe, you can get three packs (9 nibs) for £18.52 delivered.
on 2 March 2013
These wear quick! ...but I do draw with this pen! Nibs are a bit soft , wish they did a pointed nib
on 7 April 2014
Ok. I bought a pack for the Mrs, who's never used a touch screen and pen before and I was surprised when she said after 3 months that she needs another pack. Not only did she bust these three, but the original one that came with the pen. On closer inspection, I found out why they weren't lasting long, and it wasn't anything that she was doing. These tips are extremely thin and soft, and have a tendency to drag when moved. This results in the tips getting torn when slid across the screen after a period of time. I have heard from others that if you pack the tip with the cotton from cotton buds, that this can fill out the void and firm up the tip. I'll get another pack and report after she tries the cotton tip.
on 11 November 2012
don't actually need them yet but I regularly use my bamboo stylus and was worried that at some point I'd damage the nib. Only place I'd seen them was on the Wacom website but weren't in stock, happened to find them here and for a reasonable price so figured I'd pick up some spares whilst I could.

3 spare nibs that look as if they 'pop' onto the end of the stylus (after unscrewing the metal collar around nib and pulling the other off) feel quite soft, similar to the supplied nib - some like the 'soft' feeling others don't, just a matter of taste.
on 22 February 2014
These nibs are slightly smaller than the ones on the original pens. They look to be designed for the new generation pens. They do fit, but the tip is not as big.