5.0 out of 5 stars You make a good case.
I purchased this travel kit only because it was an alternative to the official starter kit that the store had out of stock, but I'm glad I paid the extra fiver, as I don't regret buying this at all.

Published on 1 Mar 2012 by Andy Ferguson

3.0 out of 5 stars still good for the price though I guess
Item didn't have all the protectors for the screen.... still good for the price though I guess.
Published 1 month ago by Craig Durham

5.0 out of 5 stars You make a good case., 1 Mar 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit (Accessory)

The main reason I bought this kit was for the case. The Vita is a delicate and expensive piece of kit so it makes sense that you'd want to keep it in good condition, but that can be tricky when you're out and about with your Vita bouncing around in your bag or pocket. Luckily it's significantly easier to take care of your beloved Vita with this kit.

I'll go in order of my favourite items:

The case itself is the star of the show. It's soft and padded in general but very much so on the inside of the case. The Vita fits very snugly in one of two compartments and offers a great amount of protection. The other compartment contains slots for memory cards and vita games which could be essential for people planning on taking their vita on trips where luggage space is an issue. The only downside to the case itself is there isn't any space for anything else. Once you've got your Vita, games, memory cards, and your headphones and other accessories, that's it.(Which is still more than enough for when you're out and about). You'll need to find another way to take your power cable. The main appeal for this case to customers is protection over space. With your vita in this case, it'll take bumps, drops and scrapes from your keys. I just wouldn't go stepping on it or throwing it under any cars. If you want to protect your vita while your out and about, this is a great option.

A cleaning cloth is included in the kit, and if you've had any other type of cleaning cloth, you'll know what to expect. It's of good quality material and leaves the screen in shiniest of conditions(and you can keep it on you all the time with the case). So no more smudgy fingerprints on your screen or risk of scratching the screen if you use anything else.

The screen protector provided is a little tricky to put on, more so than normal screen protectors thanks to it being shaped for the analogue stick and buttons on the right side of the Vita but not the left which seems odd, but the important thing is that the screen is being protected. I've not put it to the test (Who would?) but I'm happy to know that if my Vita has any bumps or scrapes that there's an extra layer between the screen and a sharp surface. There is a small bubble at the most bottom right that just wont go away though, but it's small enough to not be an issue, more of an OCD niggle. One review I read said that the screen quality is affected, but I haven't noticed anything like that at all. One thing to keep in mind is that you need to really give the screen and protector a good thorough wipe, because any dirt of smudge between the screen and protector will stay there until the protector is taken off. I have trivially noticed that when you hold the turned off screen against the light at an angle, it does seem to have a faint striped pattern, but my own experience of the protector has been that it hasn't affected the screen quality in the slightest.

There is also a neat little car charger for your Vita in this kit. I can only assume that it plugs into your cigarette lighter and allows you to charge your vita through that. Essential for long car journeys I'm sure but useless to me - I'm never in a car!

There is also a wrist strap which I haven't paid any attention to, so I'm unable to comment on. A nice safety net if you're using your vita though. I'd rather use the wrist strap than have it crash to the ground while I'm waiting on the subway, so maybe I should start using it.

All in all this case is a good quality case, and everything in it is of good quality and essential if you're planning to take your vita past your front door, and on those long trips. Offers great protection, but falls a little short on space.

Despite this, as a customer, I rate it 5 stars. Serves its purpose perfectly, and I'd recommend it to anyone who has a Playstation Vita and takes it out with them regularly, or even to take it on holidays.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice size, 27 Mar 2012
Chris (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit (Accessory)
Really great case. Well made too.

It is a perfect fit for :
Vita
Some game cards
USB Lead
In-ear headphones
A'Mu' Folding USB plug

PS. Some reviewers have had a problem with the screen protector. I had no issues fitting it and it seems good quality to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase, 17 Jan 2014
SiLvR (Porto, Portugal) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit (Accessory)
It includes a bag for your ps vita with very good finish, witch is the main reason you want to buy this. However, the case too keep your games and extra vita memory cards is also pretty handy,

4.0 out of 5 stars Would have been five if the screen protector had been better., 22 Feb 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit (Accessory)
I would have loved to have been able to give this kit a 5 star review as all the accessories are very good with the exception of the extremely poor screen protector. What a shame. I have had a fair bit of practice putting screen protectors on iphones, ipads etc, It went on okay and I got most bubbles out but the protector has kind of a strange texture to it that I guess it to reduce glare or reflections but it makes the visuals a lot worse for me on the screen.
Now for the good though. You can get loads of other screen protectors from other third parties which work really well so that isn't a big issue.
The case is actually very nice. It is well designed to put the vita in with another compartment to fit plenty of other accessories in it. I was a bit worried about the zip scratching the vita as it doesn't go all the way round the case but the zip can be folded back when you put in/take out the vita so there's no way it will scratch you spanking brand new device.
It's well worth it for the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not include a screen protector., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit (Accessory)
Opened the package on a clear table in an organized way - I did not misplace it. Sony didn't package in a screen protector with my travel kit. More than a little annoyed since it was a big reason I bought the thing. And funnily enough, I don't have the time to return and replace the kit, since I'm off travelling.

I'll just have to be more cautious with the screen. But I'd suggest others be more cautious of buying this product, especially if the screen protector is a big draw for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars still good for the price though I guess, 14 July 2014
Craig Durham (UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit (Accessory)
Good quality does what it says on the box also good value for money i would recomend for anyone who has a vita

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain., 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit (Accessory)
Well I was expecting that!
All the items in the box are top class.
The pouch is a little small, especially when you have the car charger and cable inside. Other than that perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 18 May 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit (Accessory)
Nice pouch and wrist strap, screen protector was easy to apply, something I didn't expect after reading most of the reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Accessories for PS VITA, 12 May 2014
This review is from: Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit (Accessory)
All parts including car charger very useful for charging your PS Vita on travel, complete set for the VITA, recommended to all

Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit
Sony PlayStation Vita Travel Kit by Sony (PlayStation Vita)
Used & New from: 20.60