4.0 out of 5 stars Picture frame lighting
I needed a replacement for the light fittings I purchased a couple of years ago from the local hardware store and found they had no stock this year.
As usual Amazon came to the rescue selling the identical fitting at a similar price and with free delivery.

It fitted perfectly and required no changes to the wiring I did last time.

The only...
Published on 28 Dec. 2012 by Donald

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay, but don't expect much.....
Published 4 months ago by Andrew

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay, but don't expect much....., 21 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Leyton Lighting 10w T4 Ultraslim light fitting with bulb (LL10 400mm inc connectors) (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this to replace the old kitchen cupboards’ lights that weren’t working anymore, and with the space and size restrictions, I had to go for these as most of the available options were much bigger. It was cheap so I didn’t expect the quality to be too high, however it did feel a lot cheaper than I expected, too flimsy and fragile feeling, with the 2 small covers at both ends falling before I even took it out of the box, which later was fixed using sellotape to hold it in place. But when I came to leave a review, I took a look at the product pictures provided and I realised that the cover for the lights you get (Or at least the 3 fittings that I got) is different, 2 small white solid plastic covers at both ends rather than one clear cover that covers the whole bulb as shown in the product’s picture provided by Amazon.

The connecting lead did feel cheap as well, I personally think that it is safe to use considering that it’s a low wattage fitting, but the problem is that it only comes with a male connecting lead, which adds nearly 2 inches to the length of the fitting, so if you had a tight space like I had for one of the fittings, you’ll have to either order the female connecting lead and wait for it to arrive so you can fit it in properly on the other end, or you’ll have to improvise and ignore all the health and safety talks and take the plastic connecting lead off so you can connect wires directly, and seal with an insulating tape, worked fine for me, but that’s me, and let me be clear that I am NOT recommend/advising/directing anyone to do the same.

As for its intended use, it does a great job and it is bright enough for a 10W T4 bulb, the fitting itself does get warm though so I try not to leave it on for longer than 20/30 minutes, but I don't normally need it on for longer than that so it doesn't present a problem for me.

Given the fact that the product that I received looks slightly different to the ones shown on Amazon’s product pictures, I decided to take some pictures of what you get in the box, hopefully it will help you decide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Picture frame lighting, 28 Dec. 2012

It fitted perfectly and required no changes to the wiring I did last time.

The only negative point is that the previous units broke down (both of them) within 2 years and replacement bulbs did not help. In fact I thought it was faulty wiring until I checked everything out with a Mains tester and meter.

This is a fluorescent unit and the starter and coil are not separately replaceable, so you have to replace the entire unit.
I'll know what to do next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 24 Aug. 2013
This is a really good product and I was so pleased with it that I ordered two more. Well packaged, promptly delivered brand new as sold. The light quality is excellent and it makes my bathroom shine. Thank You.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light fitting, 26 Sept. 2013
How do you review a striplight?

It's exactly what I was looking for at the price I was hoping to pay. It did take a very long time to arrive as when ordered it was apparently in stock but after a few days I was informed that it was out of stock. Regular updates from Amazon kept me posted but it took several weeks to arrive. I was surprised when it was delivered as I'd actually forgotten about it!

Good item though.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 11 Feb. 2013
finally I have some light again above my bed in the bedroom and shall bw able to read some books and magazines again before going to sleep.

4.0 out of 5 stars great value, 31 May 2013
just the job, everything I wanted, nice quality, arrived soon,
But the cost was half the cost of the ones in the DIY warehouses, same brand.
So that was a bonus.
recommended.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Savings on this Item, 21 Dec. 2013
Searched high and low for this product locally. Packed well, and received promptly. Pleased with purchase, and now in use, just perfect!

3.0 out of 5 stars ONE OUT OF TWO, 29 Dec. 2013
Mrs. Pauline Turner (Kent) - See all my reviews
Of the two light bulbs in the pack, only one worked (I only wanted one anyway) and because of the low cost of the product together with the Christmas "rush" I decided not to go through the palaver of sending it back. Under normal circumstances I would have returned the item as being "faulty".

4.0 out of 5 stars Leyton Lighting 10w light fittinmg, 26 April 2013
Received in good order, easily installed amd does the job. A bit doubtful about the sticky attachment device but time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars slimline light, 28 Dec. 2012
Mr. M. Deadman (uk) - See all my reviews
Great under cupbaord slim line light, easy to fit and connected to my existing power leads to light up my kitchen worktops.