on 21 November 2014
I bought this to replace the old kitchen cupboards’ lights that weren’t working anymore, and with the space and size restrictions, I had to go for these as most of the available options were much bigger. It was cheap so I didn’t expect the quality to be too high, however it did feel a lot cheaper than I expected, too flimsy and fragile feeling, with the 2 small covers at both ends falling before I even took it out of the box, which later was fixed using sellotape to hold it in place. But when I came to leave a review, I took a look at the product pictures provided and I realised that the cover for the lights you get (Or at least the 3 fittings that I got) is different, 2 small white solid plastic covers at both ends rather than one clear cover that covers the whole bulb as shown in the product’s picture provided by Amazon.

The connecting lead did feel cheap as well, I personally think that it is safe to use considering that it’s a low wattage fitting, but the problem is that it only comes with a male connecting lead, which adds nearly 2 inches to the length of the fitting, so if you had a tight space like I had for one of the fittings, you’ll have to either order the female connecting lead and wait for it to arrive so you can fit it in properly on the other end, or you’ll have to improvise and ignore all the health and safety talks and take the plastic connecting lead off so you can connect wires directly, and seal with an insulating tape, worked fine for me, but that’s me, and let me be clear that I am NOT recommend/advising/directing anyone to do the same.

As for its intended use, it does a great job and it is bright enough for a 10W T4 bulb, the fitting itself does get warm though so I try not to leave it on for longer than 20/30 minutes, but I don't normally need it on for longer than that so it doesn't present a problem for me.

Given the fact that the product that I received looks slightly different to the ones shown on Amazon’s product pictures, I decided to take some pictures of what you get in the box, hopefully it will help you decide.
review image review image review image review image
on 28 December 2012
I needed a replacement for the light fittings I purchased a couple of years ago from the local hardware store and found they had no stock this year.
As usual Amazon came to the rescue selling the identical fitting at a similar price and with free delivery.

It fitted perfectly and required no changes to the wiring I did last time.

The only negative point is that the previous units broke down (both of them) within 2 years and replacement bulbs did not help. In fact I thought it was faulty wiring until I checked everything out with a Mains tester and meter.

This is a fluorescent unit and the starter and coil are not separately replaceable, so you have to replace the entire unit.
I'll know what to do next time.
on 26 September 2013
How do you review a striplight?

It's exactly what I was looking for at the price I was hoping to pay. It did take a very long time to arrive as when ordered it was apparently in stock but after a few days I was informed that it was out of stock. Regular updates from Amazon kept me posted but it took several weeks to arrive. I was surprised when it was delivered as I'd actually forgotten about it!

Good item though.
on 24 August 2013
This is a really good product and I was so pleased with it that I ordered two more. Well packaged, promptly delivered brand new as sold. The light quality is excellent and it makes my bathroom shine. Thank You.
on 11 February 2013
finally I have some light again above my bed in the bedroom and shall bw able to read some books and magazines again before going to sleep.
on 26 November 2014
There is no manufactures name either on the product, packaging or instructions.
The method of securing the tube in the housing is very poor, resulting in the tube easily disengaging from the pin holder.
request confirmation the unit conforms to regulations.
on 7 April 2016
Supplier is passing off cheap fittings as Leyton Lighting stock. It's not even the "D" end fitting, they came with Figure of 8 Fittings. Supplier admitted they were not. Very Poor - Should not be allowed to advertise if they don't hold the product
on 12 February 2014
Bulb discription stated 2700kv, bulb received 3400 kv. Contacted Amazon who said they would send out the correct one. Recieved the same incorrect one again. Had to return both.
Discription still not corrected on website.
on 31 May 2013
just the job, everything I wanted, nice quality, arrived soon,
But the cost was half the cost of the ones in the DIY warehouses, same brand.
So that was a bonus.
recommended.....
on 21 December 2013
Searched high and low for this product locally. Packed well, and received promptly. Pleased with purchase, and now in use, just perfect!