Format: DVD|Change

on 9 November 2014
The Big Wedding is a good family comedy, and with the cast in this film what a collection of talent.
on 2 November 2013
its a good film but its a bit predicable in places, the ex's sleep together when having to pretend there married, havnt we all seen it before in a film.. the acting in it is amazing like you would expect from the cast line up, just needed abit more humour and to be different

i paid full price for it, if i was you wait till i comes down
on 27 April 2014
I wonder if this is a remake of a French film. It has all the hallmarks - convoluted story to bring together a disparate family with loads of (crude) adult humour that tries to be sophisticated. The French do it so much better - with style and wit - whereas this is leaden and wastes a great cast trying to be something it's not.
on 23 October 2013
Given the cast I forgive myself for paying to watch this unutterably awful film. What on earth are four of my favourites: Diana Keaton, Susan Sarandon, Robert De Niro and Robin Williams doing in it? And the younger talent . . . my sympathies to them for having to endure such nonsense.
on 4 October 2015
This film was ok but the plot was a bit confusing at time and the characters were a bit fake. If you love romantic comedies and weddings though you will enjoy this film. Also there is a bit too much happening in the film that is irrelevant I guess to use the bigger names in the film.
on 19 November 2015
I don't normally like rom-coms as I'm more of an action or horror kind of girl, but this was very funny! Originally bought it because I'm a fan of Ben Barnes, but the film has quickly made it's way to the top of my list of go-to films when i want to laugh!
on 27 January 2016
Only watched the first few minutes of this film and never want to see it again. We never reached the wedding, as we found some of the initial scenes offensive and it put us off watching the rest.
on 27 July 2014
2 marks as there were a few laughing moments. But generally a poor movie. Struggled to engage from the start and lots of sickly corny parts. Ok as a time filler but nothing to rave about.
I saw this last night and i have to say i thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

Its definitely not one for the teen brigade but a smart well written romcom for the over 30's.

I am 40 so it suited me perfectly.

Diane Keaton and Robert de Niro play a divorced couple Ellie and Don, whose adopted son Alejandro is getting married to Missy, played by a tango orange Ben Barnes and Amanda Seyfried respectively.

Susan Sarandon plays Bebe, dons girlfriend and once best friend of Ellie.

Katherine Heigl plays Lyla, the bio daughter of the couple and Topher Grace plays Jared, the virgin doctor son.

This film was amusing, with some very good one liners, Robert was very funny in this film, he isnt usually and i have to say his performance was one of the best ive seen from him in a while.

Diane keaton and Susan sarandon however stole this film for me, they have amazing onscreen chemistry and should do more films together, i could of happily just watched monologues between the 2 of them for the entire film.

Heigl was wasted in this movie, plus she has truly awful hair, i would of made her wear a wig, its that bad.

She does however share some truly sweet scenes with Robert but i would of liked to of seen more of it.

Topher is his usual charming self, very witty and sweet.

Ben barnes put in a solid performance but i found it hard to get past his umpalumpa tan.

All in all a great film for older couples for a saturday night stay in with a curry and a bottle of wine..
on 4 February 2014
The film was interesting. I enjoyed every minute of it however I wouldn't recommend it to families as there are a lot of explicit scenes in the film that I wasn't aware when I purchased it. All in all though it was a brilliant film with great actors.