5.0 out of 5 stars What a buy!!!
Published on 20 Jan 2012 by l-rey

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but Flawed
This would have got a 5 star had it not been for one design flaw. Everything about this work bench is great apart from one form of usage. Decline.

Published on 23 Feb 2012 by Steve Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars What a buy!!!, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench (Misc.)
I recieved this bench yesterday and can i just say that for the money i think it is absolutely amazing! The build quality is superb...although you may need to buy a spanner because the main bolts are fairly loose on delivery, maybe that is on purpose so it's not damaged in transit, not sure... But it is light enough to carry but heavy enough to do it's job and feel sturdy... Better than the ones at my gym! And best of all IT FOLDS UP COMPLETELY!!! Storage is no problem and is two simple pull levers and it's up!

You are able to train flat bench, incline, decline, can be used for training bi's using the bench as a rest, everything you would be able to use it for at the gym! And all can be set at a number of different angles for complete control and flexabilty. The bench is more than comfortable, well made, proffessional looking and an UNBELIEVABLE PRICE! 5 STARS!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bench, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench (Misc.)
I bought this bench from the SportsHQ a couple of weeks ago and having put it through its paces at all incline/decline settings I feel I can now give a balanced review. The bench arrived in 3 days so delivery was quick.

It arrived fully assembled in the folded down position, bolts did require tightening but they are standard M8 size (13mm) so not a problem. My only concern was that there was no literature in the box as I had wanted to check the maximum weight including user and weights as the info on the page on Amazon only says the user weight (100kg). But when the bench was up and tightened up it was clear that the weight limit is much more than 100kg. I'm 6'2" and weigh approx 95kg and have used 30kg dumbells so the load on the bench was 155kg and it took it easily, staying completely sturdy without any wobbles, and when laid flat, my head is still comfortably on the bench and not half hanging off like some shorter benches I've used.

There's 1 upright setting, 3 incline settings, 1 flat setting and 1 decline/sit-up setting. The bench feels perfectly sturdy in them all. One of my reasons for buying this one was my limited space and it folds down perfectly to slide under the bed, I had my doubts about the bench for the reason it being a foldaway one but it doesn't effect the quality or sturdiness of the bench when in use.

I really can't see there being a better value excercise bench on the market. For 55 inc. delivery it's an absolute steal. It's not quite as professional as the ones in the gym, so I'd give a 4 star rating for that but it's not far away. Definately perfect for home use and I'm delighted with the purchase so it's 5 stars for overall satisfaction all things considered.

Would recommend to anyone looking for a good quality, home bench.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but Flawed, 23 Feb 2012
This review is from: Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench (Misc.)

The decline mode is flawed, quite severely. There are 7 slot holes on this bench for the bolt action to lock on, the last hole (for decline) has been manufactured wrongly as it has been drilled to far lower down which fails to allow the spring bolt system to lock into place.

If you use the decline mode all your body weight will be placed on a rail on the center of the stabilizer cache, instead of the spring bolt system that were designed for this purpose. You can use it like that but I'm not sure how long it would last without damaging the unit.

Having said all this all other modes work brilliantly, flat, incline, they all work terrifically and very stable. I use this bench only for incline dumbbell press, flat for sit-ups and dumbbell pullovers. Would have liked to use the decline for sit-ups but its no biggy. For 55 I can't complain too much, was thinking of sending it back but then decided against it. Also the padding for this bench is very thick and strong and it is more than comfortable to use for long periods. The folding system is great for saving space as well when you pack it away.

For the money? I say get this bench for the value and its sturdiness, but if you're serious about decline workouts, you should give this a miss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant foldaway bench, 15 Jan 2013
Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench
It's comfortable with deep firm padding. I'm 5'10" and I fit it perfectly with a good few inches over my head for someone taller. It's completely stable, with all feet touching the floor and no rocking. I've tried it in the various incline positions and I'm completely confident on it pressing weights. There's a foot rest which is nicely placed, or your feet can touch the floor without stretching your thighs.
It's really well made with good construction, and it arrived fully assembled without me needing to tighten anything. The inclines and setting it up is a simple case of pulling some chunky metal pin stoppers. It does fold away flat, but by flat it's still twice the height of an ironing board. It's worth baring that in mind if you were thinking of putting it under the bed to store. I've only got 3inchs clearance to get under my bed so there's no chance with this. It's also got some weight to it as you'd expect so overhead storage is an accident waiting to happen unless you're built like Hulk.

For what it is and what I expected, it's perfect: A well constructed, comfortable, foldaway and inclining bench that for my little apartment is a welcome addition. If you don't have the space like me, this is absolutely perfect and worth every penny.

I also can't fault the company selling it, as it arrived a day early and already built.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly positive, just one negative, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench (Misc.)
I recently got this bench as I'm making my own home gym and this piece of equipment is a must. There are a few points to mention about this bench, most of which are positive:

Positive

- Arrived already assembled, so I could start using it straight away
- There are flat and several incline settings so a range of different exercises can be completed
- Very solid build with soft/comfortable padding
- Can be folded flat for easy storage
- Easy and safe to use
- Very stable when used with heavier weights

Negative

- Decline setting doesn't work as it is supposed to

The decline setting on this bench refuses to work as it is supposed to (as mentioned by other reviewers). The pin will not line up with the hole so it can't be 'locked in'. You can use the decline setting without locking in the pin, but only if you're using lighter weights as using medium/heavier weights may cause damage to the main support.

Overall, I've scored this 4/5. It would have gotten a 5/5 if the decline setting worked correctly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worryingly unstable, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench (Misc.)
I bought this to do BodyBeast.
Needing something that collapsed I relied on the reviews which showed this as a good buy.
Unfortunately the design has changed between the reviews and the unit I received, the pictures show the backrest locking into place, this is no longer the case. The Bench uses a stay on the back which locates on ridges on the rear bar. There is nothing holding the stay in place, just gravity. It's fine if you're sitting on the bench, but if you're using the bench for calf raises/support then the bench back isn't stable.
I'm also finding that the feet are not stable, the bench wobbles and offers no faith in support.
Buy cheap, buy twice. Off to see if I can arrange a return

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, spend a bit more., 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench (Misc.)
Bought this item direct from the company before I'd seen it on here. I had to send the first one back as the feet didn't touch the ground together and it rocked, bad enough just sat on it, dangerous with weights in your hand. The second one arrived and it seemed loose at first, you need to go round it and tighten the bolts up as they're quite slack in some of them. The last hole on the adjustable slider doesn't engage either meaning for decline, or even just storage, the backrest isn't secured, I'm sure I can extend the hole a litle myself but it's a manufacturing fault definately. Otherwise it reasonably sturdy. Haven't used in anger yet, I weigh just over 100kg myself so we'll see how much weight it can handle.
Adendum: I've now used it and it clanks and creaks like mad, I don't feel totally at ease whilse using it and I've only tried it with 20kg dumbbells so far. Downgraded it to 2 stars and have reported it to the supplier, see if they bother to respond.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench (Misc.)
Had this for a couple of months now. Used in conjunction with the Beachbody Body Beast workouts. It folds away so ideal if space is at a minimum. The incline issue mentioned in previous reviews has been resolved by them making the end hole bigger.

Is extremely strong and robust. The back "foot"is adjustable in case slightly uneven surface.

Extremely pleased with this purchase.

Definitely value for money

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench (Misc.)
A sturdy bench, which gives several incline angle options. Adjustable, one-handed, in seconds. Used with care I suspect this will last me for a few years. At the price, that's great value.

Couple of oddities. It's useless for decline work. You'll notice from the graphics that the front end of the bench is rounded and there's no bar to hook your legs over. Basically, you slide backwards down the bench with nothing to stop you. That bar on the front leg is only a few inches away from the floor, which only leaves enough room for you to get part of your foot between the parallel bars. I really don't know what it's there for. But honestly that's almost irrelevant because this is a cheap, robust little bench which stores flat, as promised, and is fine for flat and incline work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item not as described, different in picture., 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench (Misc.)
Item not as described, different in picture. The spine is a cheaper version which does not have the bolt action locking system, Took THREE months for my refund to be done.

Confidence Fitness Utility Training Bench