4.0 out of 5 stars Flight Dynamics EXCELLENT
Many reviews seem to be comparing this to FSX and are rating on the basis of that disappointment. This is not FSX and has a totally different starting point for Flight simulation.

Published on 1 Mar 2012 by Flydave123

3.0 out of 5 stars Not overly impressed
Having a few issues with this sim. Having switched from Microsoft flight sim to this because of the Mac system. Having problems with the IFR flight planning and the screen switching view erratically. Graphics are very good but I'm not a massive fan of this at the moment.
Published 18 months ago by Brian Marriott

4.0 out of 5 stars Flight Dynamics EXCELLENT, 1 Mar 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)

X-Plane 10 is far more realistic in terms of flight dynamics, weather modelling and its affect on the aircraft. If you are just looking for eye candy other than the millions of vehicles and nice lighting effects then this is not yet the sim for you, but I can see that before long, commercial add-ons will enhance the missing aspects. Many users are so used to having FSX with all the bells and whistles given by the commercial expansions like Photographic Scenery, Ground Environment, highly sophisticated add on aircraft etc, that they have forgotten the critisisms that FSX (and even FS2004)had on release. FSX scenery was considered drab and boring and only one season, the default aircraft are still a pile of rubbish, but not many people fly them as there are far more convincing aircraft available to add on. X-Plane 10 has MUCH better performance and is far smoother than FSX.

My view is I will keep this on my hard drive and wait for the expansions to come and hopefully take this to a level far in excess of what serious flight simmers hoped FSX would be. Microsoft have blown it with Flight and the way they have kicked their serious simulation community in the teeth. I will not forget that and will certainly back X-Plane as the way forwards now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I was quite doubtful that this was the product I wanted. After using Microsoft FSX I thought that this may not be for me. But seeing as I no longer own a PC and can no longer play FSX I wanted an alternative. As soon as I installed the game it was great. It is as simple or as complicated as you want it with a large variety of options. The supplier sent the game earlier than expected and it runs great on my MacBook Pro. It is great for people with:
- No flying experience,
- People from FSX
- And of course for real-world flyers.

Unlike FSX, X-Plane simulates every aspect of real-world flying. Some people prefer FSX over X-Plane but FSX is a game and only simulates the simple aspects of flying. But X-Plane really does what it says and once you start up the game you are immeresd into an exact replica of real life flying, even if you have it on low graphic quality settings.

However for those who are buying this for Mac I recommend that you have 8GB of ram. 4GB of ram is enough but anything lower and the simulator will not run. Also I recommend a joystick compatible with your computer as people from FSX are used to arrow keys or the WASD keys to fly, but X-Plane 10 does not offer this function to use arrow keys to fly. But if you cannot afford joysticks than your mouse will suffice.

For a great flying experience I recommend this game to both newcomers to the flight-simulators and to people who have flying experience either in simulators or in real-life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, 18 Jun 2012
D. Tetley "Wee Tetters" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I admit that because of all other reviews i was exceedingly apprehensive about getting this game, and seriously doubted my laptop would be able to run it... i shouldn't have worried as it runs as smooth as silk on High settings

After what seemed an eternity to install the thing (6 hours, its on 8 DVDs and requires 80GB), it then wanted to update (not good start).

Once it eventually loaded i was presented with a fully populated Seattle with ATC and other planes queuing, and to my delight, a silky smooth frame rate when the Boeing 777 was moved

My laptop which is running this on High is a Sony E series, i5 2.4 Ghz processor, 4 GB Ram, 300 GB HDD and a 1 GB Geforce 5600 Graphics chip.

Switching from MS Flight Sim X the controls are extremely hard to guess, and not too easy to find out, but so far i am finding this extremely rewarding and am more than happy to persevere with control difficulties due to the detail and accuracy present

5.0 out of 5 stars This is not a game, accept this and you'll love it., 18 Sep 2012
Paul (London, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Being able to land planes in FSX on any difficulty, I was looking for something a bit more realistic. OK, so FSX has greater ground objects (although I question the loaction of some of them) but once you get up to a reasonable height, X-Plane 10 is far superior and far more accurate. I still can't land a plane yet and need to explore the various forums for help and information as the included instructions and downloadable manual is a touch sparse for non-pilots but surely that's half the fun and satisfaction as you slowly progress through your own challenges.
The graphics are absolutely fine on a GTX480 1.5Mb card running on a 2.4Ghz (thereabouts) unclocked i7. Don't max out everything and the frame rate is fine (I always turn off shadows).
This is not a game. The forums are full of adult (as in sensible) submissions and very helpful. If you put in effort, you'll get enjoyment back. I haven't had a chance to even touch 10% of this product yet but I can see loads of potential as I climb the learning curve. Buy it and join the forums for ground object downloads etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Very sophisticated and capable flight simulator, - definitely on a par with FSX if not better in some respects, the only niggle I had was the rather awkward controller configuration, although this could perhaps be explained by my familiarity with FSX.
Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Slowly getting there, 3 Sep 2013
This review is from: X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Nearly gave this program a 3 star rating , why ?
The airports as standard are abysmal, in most cases no buildings , no moving jetways , no traffic or see below
ATC seems to place aircraft at random positions sometimes totally unsuited for the airport , ie 747's at small fields.
Poor selection of default aircraft
But
graphics are good with high frame rates.
Flight characteristics are very realistic.
use control is and customisability are good
To conclude , it is not FSX and lacks a lot of the refinements but with support for multi core cpu's and 64 bit operating systems it will get there eventually. A high learning curve but worth it , maybe .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 7 July 2013
ellent Product

Cannot fault this product. Excellent for beginners like me and I have learnt a lot with about to aviation. Totally recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Flight Sim., 29 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This is one of the most accurate flight sims around. I am a serious simmer and do realistic flights constantly and this has never let me down before where as on FSX, it crashed every 5 minutes. The graphics, okay, are not as good as FSX but they are quite qood on a medium/high spec PC and better on an Extreme one (search redpiper1 on youtube and he has an extreme PC). The flight dynamics though, they are the best. I fly every so often in real life and its just like the real thing. There's no wonder why it is CAA certified and the official sim for companies like Cessna.

*Word of Warning* I first installed it which took hours, on my laptop and the most I could get is 3fps on minimum settings, but it was a bad laptop, I DO NOT recommend using it on a Laptop, mainly a PC with medium specs.
*It is very GPU intensive and runs best on dual graphics cards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in terms of realism !, 2 April 2013
This review is from: X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Migrated from FS X because no more development to be expected. I'm amazed by the potential present in X-plane. I'm learning to fly the A380 and to create fly plans. My next challenge will be to fligh within VATSIM but I'm waiting the 64 bit version which is not garanteed to be out soon ! However, I'm very pleased with my shopping. My computer specs are : x64 Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3.4 GHz (no overclocking yet tried) 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors, Win 7 64 bit SP1 32 Gbyte (only 16 used because Home Pro), 2 x Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 2 Gbyte in SLI config, 3 monitors.I'm delighted.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not overly impressed, 11 Feb 2013

X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD)
X-PLANE 10 (PC/Mac DVD) by Aerosoft (Mac OS X, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
43.00