TOP 100 REVIEWERon 28 January 2012
The end of this decade was a small Golden Age for cRPGs. Oblivion,The Witcher,Fallout 3,Dragon Age,Risen, even the humble Torchlight revived the genre with fresh ideas and renewed vigor. And DIVINITY II: ERGO DRACONIS comes as the cherry to this cake.

If one remembers the (excellent) Divine Divinity, well gone are the days of isometric gameplay. Larian Studios started with a clean slate and the result is a beautiful third-person action cRPG. The graphics are not cutting edge and yet they are gorgeous. Imagine what a cross between Titan Quest and Fable would look like today [by the way, ..."thank you" Peter Molyneux for snubbing PC gamers with FABLE II!].
The trees and flowers move slightly to the wind; the skies change in beautiful colors; the sunlight and shades play tricks to your eyes; the characters and gear are very artfully designed; and the fighting moves are impressive. If only the animation of the NTCs were better I would be talking about one of the best-looking cRPGs ever.

Nevertheless, what grabs you from the beginning is not the imagery but the story. The first PC game to introduce flying like a dragon was Drakan: Order of the Flame. But a dragon-slayer who can shapeshift into a Dragon and back? That's some table-turning.
What is more, character development runs parallel to your Dragon development, on different skill trees. Diversification may satisfy your curosity but do not specialize at your own risk: as you advance you better have some well honed skills if you wish to survive and fight yet another day.

In the best cRPG tradition, there are quick-slots, inventory and life/mana/stamina levels as well as a small local map. Other than that the screen is free of unnecessary clutter.
What is more, I particularly appreciated the music, subtle or emphatic where appropriate. The same care was exercised to the sounds of battle, from unsheathing your sword to letting go of an arrow. As to the English dubbing (the original game was in German) it was very nicely done.

This DRAGON KNIGHT SAGA edition includes both the (remastered) original Divinity II: Ego Draconis as well as its expansion Divinity II: Ego Draconis - Flames of Vengeance.

Now some bad news. The game comes with SecuROM 7.x DRM which is supposed to be patched out. Yet it still requires OnLine Activation so it is a mixed bag, barely making my tolerable limit (with a star withheld though). Even if bought through STEAM, it will still ask for Activation when installed and you will have to de-authorize your copy when uninstalling. Moreover, be wary of the Russian edition: that one comes with StarForce, an infamous DRM scheme (that simply refuses to die).

Patch 1.497 is already out and I heard it to be especially useful for Win7 users (I cannot speak from experience on this one, I am sticking to my reliable WinXP until Win7 SP2 is released). Nevertheless, after many hours of gaming I found no major bugs.

The graphics are exceptional, the world is vast and beautifully designed, the battles are absorbing and the gameplay immersing. All in all, an excellent game and a major addition to any cRPG collection.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
on 16 August 2013
Having broken the back of this game with the original release, i got hold do this value pack for the add-on, and to see what differences there were in the original now that it is called "remastered".

Second point first: no obvious difference. There's still a huge lack of diversity in character faces and all the female NPCs look like they're twelve years old. The combat system is a close clone of the industry standard model so takes no time at all getting used to, however the game is highly unbalanced from an early stage, pitting you at level 6 against a cluster of level 28-ers, that sort of nonsense. Just a bit of bad programming and sloppy attention to detail that hasn't been corrected, you learn to skip the parts that are so oriented and aim for what's possible, which is most of the game. A few original notions, like as vendor that sells counterfeit goods and the assembling of your own side-kick, though trying to get the sidekick's creator to let him out is another blip in the system. Generally acceptable in most respects, spoiled somewhat by not performing as well as was clearly intended, but this shortcoming is well compensated for by the beautiful graphics, up there with the likes of Drakensang at the time of its release.

One other bother: save games from the original don't seem to work in this.
on 15 October 2015
The game started so well with good graphics, good story line, and an excellent open world. BUT, when I tried to access the towers that are key to the game I found that I had to complete platform jumping and from other reviews there is a lot of platform jumping. I have to admit to being an aging gamer and probably not as dextrous as I was (although I hated Tomb Raider). I could not even complete the first jump and no doubt they got harder.
So I had to give up.
I am not the only aging gamer and our number grows every day. Surely it must be relatively easy for game developers to build in escape codes that would allow the less able to skip through difficult sections and be able to complete the game in their own way.
Very disappointing
on 16 February 2014
End of 2009, the original game Divinity II came out at the same time as Dragon Age : Origins and Risen. No easy task to compete in this context, but the game was great and the only flaw was the conclusion which left some players unsatisfied.
This flaw has been corrected with this pack, which gather the original game and the extension "Flames of Vengeance", and is a must-have for every RPG players.
Great scenario with a final twist, many quests really well-written, fascinating story which keeps you playing ... that's what I call a great game.
on 11 June 2014
I wasn't sure if this was going to be any good as I had completely missed it when it was first released. I picked it up on budget and was very pleased with it. I tried an Archer for a challenge (as I heard they are weak at the start) but didn't have too much trouble. A bit hard work until you get a good bow.
on 20 August 2015
I love this game was gutted when I noticed a crack on my original game disc owing to the flaming socket in the case that seems to have a death grip on the disc. So I was pleased that I could replace it.
on 9 September 2013
Does everything it should do for an RPG Superb! Graphics & storyline great.
Attention to detail second to none . I would recommend it to anyone except inexperienced gamers.
on 29 January 2013
My daughter likes to play this pc game on the computer and has a lot of fun playing it and you do not need to be on-line to enjoy it..
on 17 September 2015
Excellent games in the vein of Two Worlds. Well worth the money. Worked fine with Windows 7.
on 28 August 2015
sorry have only got started but quite like it