6,310

on 27 December 2012
If you are looking for a Kindle Fire fast charger - try the Original Samsung Charger & USB Data Cable For Galaxy S3 / S2 / Galaxy Note. Under half the price Amazon charges and does the job just the same.
1414 comments| 1,088 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2013
5 stars for the Kindle Fire HD - it's brilliant, but I think we should have got a mains charger included.
I tried other chargers and it turns out that the charger for my Samsung Galaxy fits, and will charge the Kindle! Saved me a lot of money, so I hope it will save others a lot of money too. If you don't have a Samsung charger, they will be a lot cheaper to buy than this one. I hope this was helpful to some people :)
4242 comments| 1,293 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 November 2012
I think this product should have come standard with Kindle Fire HD
Also this product was over priced at £17.99
77 comments| 907 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2012
Kindle fire hd is a fantastic piece of kit but to sell it without a mains charger then charge £17.99 for it after we have bought your product. Its not until you get it out of the box that you realize that theres no charger. Very crafty!!.
Come on amazon didnt you make enough millions last year??
From one disapointed customer.
44 comments| 344 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 November 2012
i love shopping from amazon and have just bought the kindle fire hd but couldnt believe it when i found no charger in the box, was even more shocked when i looked up the price of the charger how can they justifiy the price of 17.99 for this. this is just greed written all over it. shame on you amazon !!
77 comments| 729 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2012
Overpriced and really should come with the kindle, however if you have an iPhone or iPad then those chargers work perfectly on the kindle :-)
11 comment| 331 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 November 2012
Love amazon products, love my kindle fire hd, but this should have been in the box like I got with my kk. I realise the one from my kk will work but that isn't the point- not including it in the first place and then charging through the nose for it afterwards doesn't really create a positive customer experience.
1010 comments| 712 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 October 2012
Is this really worth £17.99?????, A fiver would be too much.

Its appalling that this is not included as standard with the Kindle, its an essential item - not an optional extra!! Just a money making con - shame on you Amazon. Mobile phones aren't sold without charges or tvs without plugs and remotes, so why sell a Kindle without a charger?
66 comments| 454 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2012
I used this once and it stopped working. The prongs do not fold. It is ridiculosly over-priced. You can buy USB chargers that do the job for less than £5 on Amazon.
0Comment| 256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2012
USB chargers are rated at a 5 volt output - the device it is plugged to determines the power drawn. The charger is simply a generic plug with a USB hole in it.
There are plenty of USB chargers that will do the job and cost from 99 pence to £1.99. These cheaper chargers do exactly the same. A charger should be included with the device in any case.
Amazon are using their badge to make it appear that this charger is special - Apple do the same.
The lack of knowledge, coupled with the implied threat that using the wrong charger may damage your device takes advantage of those who simply do not understand and are terrified of electricity.
A friend of mine will not listen to this and he has a separate charger for his iPad, iPhone, Kindle etc - a total of approx £100 for chargers that are interchangeable and cheaply available everywhere.
I believe Trading Standards bodies across the world should be informed of this scam.
PS I complained to Amazon that I had to buy a separate charger and had bought what was essentially a well badged item worth a tenth of the price and they promptly refunded me and said I could keep the charger. It's in a drawer.
I use one that I bought for 1.49 from Maplins electronics.
2727 comments| 963 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse