3,575 Reviews
 (2,159)

1,052 of 1,101 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars OTHER CHARGERS WORK!
5 stars for the Kindle Fire HD - it's brilliant, but I think we should have got a mains charger included.
Published on 20 Jan. 2013 by Becky

Published on 28 Dec. 2012 by deano_02

2.0 out of 5 stars Extortionate price for what should be included with Kindle - Very disappointed Amazon, 28 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Amazon PowerFast Charger for Accelerated Charging, UK (compatible with all Amazon Devices) (Accessory)
I know this has been said already about the Kindle but I do feel like I have been let down here. The usb cable provided with the Kindle takes approx 8 hours to charge - it's super slow and you can't use the Kindle at the same time. My experience was even worse because I bought a usb plug from Cell phone.net that was supposedly for kindle fire which exploded and burnt the plug socket the first time I used it!!! I wouldn't have been in that position if a charger had been supplied. Come on Amazon if you are that hard up then fine- charge for the plug - but £18 - please!!!!!! - you need to get a conscience. The plug by the way is fine and works very well charging in a couple of hours.

1,052 of 1,101 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars OTHER CHARGERS WORK!, 20 Jan. 2013
I tried other chargers and it turns out that the charger for my Samsung Galaxy fits, and will charge the Kindle! Saved me a lot of money, so I hope it will save others a lot of money too. If you don't have a Samsung charger, they will be a lot cheaper to buy than this one. I hope this was helpful to some people :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Better option than Amazon charger, 27 Dec. 2012
If you are looking for a Kindle Fire fast charger - try the Original Samsung Charger & USB Data Cable For Galaxy S3 / S2 / Galaxy Note. Under half the price Amazon charges and does the job just the same.

3.0 out of 5 stars Over priced, 29 Nov. 2012
I think this product should have come standard with Kindle Fire HD
Also this product was over priced at £17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars AMAZON HOW COULD YOU, 4 Nov. 2012
i love shopping from amazon and have just bought the kindle fire hd but couldnt believe it when i found no charger in the box, was even more shocked when i looked up the price of the charger how can they justifiy the price of 17.99 for this. this is just greed written all over it. shame on you amazon !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Power adaptor, 30 Oct. 2012
I too was surprised that my Kindle Fire HD came without a charger. I panicked at first, thinking I would have to send off for one when I realised that my Vodaphone charger had the same mini - USB connection. I tried it overnight and got a fully charged machine in the morning. So all you guys, try your phone chargers and if they fit you have saved yourself £17:99!

1.0 out of 5 stars The most expensive USB charger money can buy...., 29 Oct. 2012
B. Rawlinson (UK) - See all my reviews
USB chargers are rated at a 5 volt output - the device it is plugged to determines the power drawn. The charger is simply a generic plug with a USB hole in it.
There are plenty of USB chargers that will do the job and cost from 99 pence to £1.99. These cheaper chargers do exactly the same. A charger should be included with the device in any case.
Amazon are using their badge to make it appear that this charger is special - Apple do the same.
The lack of knowledge, coupled with the implied threat that using the wrong charger may damage your device takes advantage of those who simply do not understand and are terrified of electricity.
A friend of mine will not listen to this and he has a separate charger for his iPad, iPhone, Kindle etc - a total of approx £100 for chargers that are interchangeable and cheaply available everywhere.
I believe Trading Standards bodies across the world should be informed of this scam.
PS I complained to Amazon that I had to buy a separate charger and had bought what was essentially a well badged item worth a tenth of the price and they promptly refunded me and said I could keep the charger. It's in a drawer.
I use one that I bought for 1.49 from Maplins electronics.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 29 Oct. 2012
I used this once and it stopped working. The prongs do not fold. It is ridiculosly over-priced. You can buy USB chargers that do the job for less than £5 on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars What no charger, 28 Dec. 2012
Kindle fire hd is a fantastic piece of kit but to sell it without a mains charger then charge £17.99 for it after we have bought your product. Its not until you get it out of the box that you realize that theres no charger. Very crafty!!.
Come on amazon didnt you make enough millions last year??
From one disapointed customer.

1.0 out of 5 stars does the job, way too expensive, 30 Oct. 2012
Is this really worth £17.99?????, A fiver would be too much.

Its appalling that this is not included as standard with the Kindle, its an essential item - not an optional extra!! Just a money making con - shame on you Amazon. Mobile phones aren't sold without charges or tvs without plugs and remotes, so why sell a Kindle without a charger?