5.0 out of 5 stars A great little drive
I bought this primarily because of price and because the reviews were a little more favourable than some other well known makes. I normally buy Seagate drives but, the warranty with this drive is (I think) 2 years instead of Seagate's reduced 1 year warranty.

Published 18 months ago by Tony

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
ive had it around a month and hasn't failed like quite a few people have said is ok value but was poorly packaged just wrapped in bubble rap and placed in a box if i hadn't of ordered a psu at the same time it more than likely would have come even worse than it did.
Published 5 months ago by Michael Bharrat

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little drive, 29 Jan 2013
This review is from: WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Green (Personal Computers)

I have to say that I am very happy with this purchase. Acronis True Image (WD download) made it an easy job to clone the old disc and Windows Disk Management allowed me to easily extend the System partition (originally the whole of the C: drive). With 1TB to play with I also took the opportunity to create a few extra partitions (for music, videos, pictures, etc).

This drive is extremely quiet and gets barely warm. I even think it has speeded up my start-up time.

So far this was a very worthwhlie and cheap upgrade. Incidentaly, this drive was extremely well packaged by Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should, 31 Aug 2012
Very good product, I have installed this in a Humax Foxsat HD receiver. No problems so far and very quiet! (Even better than the one I took out!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for video capture., 12 Oct 2012
I have recently built a really nice gaming PC. The thing is, I loved the silent SSD, but needed serious space for doing game-play capture. I'm involved in the beta test for Planetside 2, so recording game-play was essential for supporting bug reports with some footage. My PC is also a Shuttle PC, tucked behind my TV in my front room. (My PC room became a nursery last year!) I didn't want to spoil the silent setup with a noisy high-performance drive.

This HDD is perfect. I have yet to hear a single rumble from it, it uses very little power (important for SFF PCs) and handles high quality video capture with ease.

It also came in excellent wrapping unlike another reviewer. It was wrapped in something a bit like an inflatable lilo! It could have survived a serious drop. I was very impressed with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Build, 3 July 2012
Mr. Philip Hall "cookieboy" (Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
As this was my first build i read loads of reviews and then basically stick a pin into my short list. Married up to my other purchases from Amazon it works a treat.
Gigabyte SKT-FM1 A75-UD4H Motherboard
AMD A-Series A8 3870K Black Edition Quad-Core Processor (3.00 GHz, 4MB Cache, Socket FM1, 100W, Radeon HD6550D
The only mistake I made was not allowing more space in the first partion of the hard drive. Thankfully I found a smashing bit of freeware (MiniTool Partition Wizard) that allowed me to alter the partion. Compared to my old dell Dimmension C521 it goes like a rocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Desktop Hard Drive, works as expected, 11 Jun 2013
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I've installed this in a Dell Dimension 3100 along with a new copy of W7 and a new Radeon graphics card as an upgrade from the old 320GB drive, XP and the old MB graphics.

It is significantly faster in use than the original drive, and has about the same acceptably low level of acoustic noise. At a claimed 150MBytes/s host to/from drive (sustained) data transfer rate this WD10EZRX is the fastest of all the current WD Green drives even if not the biggest. The rotational speed is chosen using the IntelliPower algorithm to maximise transfer rate in all parts of the disk while minimising errors.

It fitted into the original 'clip-in' drive caddy with no problems, and plugged into the machine as normal.

The drive initialised and formatted correctly under the control of the W7 DVD and tested out OK with no errors. It runs cooler to the touch than the original did.

I've restored all the previous data from the backup, and now keep the old drive untouched in the packing the WD came in as an emergency spare with XP and all the old software and data 'just in case'.

It is still looking good after almost a fortnight in service. I'll report if there are any problems, but based on previous experience with these I expect it should be OK for a few years now.

Addendum. 13th October 2013
Added another of these to the same computer because the first one has proved to be excellent. This is for more flexibility with the editing so that all the big data files are kept on a separate D: work drive with its own distinct external mirror back up, thus leaving the C: drive with all the system files and programs relatively unstressed for longest life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded Humax 320gb HDR, 1 Dec 2012
Upgraded my Foxsat 320gb with this took about 15 mins Briliant
Bought 10 hard drive case to transfer over progs does the job ok
but takes ages to copy over

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good not expensive HARD DRIVE., 6 Aug 2012
Giving MAX STAR so far. Very good and fast Hard Drive. 7200 RPM and not 5400 as someone wrote.

Works good so far.

Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast but a little loud, 21 April 2014
Considering I'm using this Hard Drive to store Games, Programs and Music it's great, However it's a little loud. You can hear it clunk every now and again. I have had other drives that have done this and lasted years so I'm not to worried. All in all its been good :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Hard Drive, But doesn't come with Sata Cable or screws, 11 April 2014
Recieved on time, came wrapped in protective paper. The only down side of this hard drive is the fact that it doesnt provide you with any cables or screws to mount it in your case. Lucky for me that i had an older computer lying around that i was able to salvage a SATA cable and mounting screws from.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 26 Feb 2014