5.0 out of 5 stars out of time
An interesting and cleverly written novella, covering the issues around paradoxes quite well. I hope there will be more on this.
Published 10 months ago by D. J. Shelton

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, oh dear.
'Suspension of disbelief' is imperative in a time travel story. Writing about starships which can go 'faster' than the speed of light sort of just blows any 'suspended disbelief' right out of the water.
Clones of Stephen Hawking, America colonizing a planet in Alpha Centurai ... and all this in the first few pages!
This is the problem when stories are set...
Published 11 months ago by Mr. G. Sweeney

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, oh dear., 14 May 2013
Mr. G. Sweeney (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of Time: A Time Travel Novella (Kindle Edition)
This is the problem when stories are set hundreds of years in the future, writers try too hard to fit in highly unlikely scenarios because it's the year 2150-something-or-other, and then they go off on some bizzare rewrite of science/quantum physics/E'doesn't'=MC2 to fit in with a Star Trek plot!
I should have heeded the previous warnings about this one.
Definitely one to give a wide berth to.

5.0 out of 5 stars out of time, 4 Jun 2013
D. J. Shelton "medicman dave" (worthing west sussex england) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars None, 25 Dec 2012
Michael W. Bird (Malmesbury UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of Time: A Time Travel Novella (Kindle Edition)
Sorry but this is rubbish. Do not waste your money! Science poor and no real plot. It is the first of nearly 200 downloads i have deleted without finishing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally unreadable, 8 Feb 2013
Jonathan Grant (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of Time: A Time Travel Novella (Kindle Edition)
I bought this e-book from Amazon UK in September 2011 and wrote the below review of it. A couple of months later the book was withdrawn from Amazon and has reappeared under a slightly different title so my previous review is no longer visible, but I thought I should share my opinion anyway.

I tried, I really did, but I had to give up after struggling through 13% of this novel.

I guess that this could be a good tale, albeit a considerably shorter one, if the author employed the services of an editor.

Both the grammar and narrative actually hurt my eyes after a while, with the continued repeating of descriptions from one sentence to the next, sometimes not even using different words, just changing the order.

I may try again one day, when I'm very drunk and have run out of other things to read! (Update: I haven't been drunk enough so far!)

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor writing and science., 26 Nov 2012
Ms. V. Ford "AniseFreya" (Hamshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of Time: A Time Travel Novella (Kindle Edition)
It pains me to write a review like this but here goes.

I got this book to read and in the end I returned it for a refund. It reads like a lecture or dissertation of some science that the book needs but it is the flakiest science I have ever seen. The author completely negates Einstein's theory about nothing being able to travel faster than light and relativity (time dilation). I'm not a great lover on the theory myself but I wouldn't dream off over-turning it for a story. It has to be treated as real and a way found around it, like using hyperspace or some such. Apparently, a ship 2 lightyears out can communicate in 4 hours with Earth. Send message, receive answer = 4 YEARS surely! Radio waves propagate at the speed of light.

Apparently, in 1969, Carl Sagen had an earth based (natch) telescope capable of reading the writing on the side of a spaceship orbiting Venus??? If that was true then today they would be able to see the moon landing site and put to rest the 'did we land on the moon' conspiracy. It has already been established that even Hubble can not do that.

The dialogue was somewhat cheesy and unconvincing. In the end I couldn't carry on with it. I'm an avid sci-fi reader and technologically savvy. I hate bad science.

If you know nothing about science you might enjoy this book but you're going to gain some very bad theory. If you are an avid and knowledgeable sci-fi reader then this will offend your sensibilities. I've just finished reading 'Federation' a Star Trek novel and the writing style was superb. I like Asimov, Larry Niven and Harry Harrison. Yes, there are some superb authors doing Star Trek so there's nothing wrong with reading them.

Best left alone. I'm not sure why the amazon.com reviews are so ecstatic about this book, maybe the readers are not sci-fi buffs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother puerile rubbish., 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Out of Time: A Time Travel Novella (Kindle Edition)
Absolute rubbish. Was it written by a ten year old? I didn't make past the second chapter. Would be ok as a kids book,

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Out of Time: A Time Travel Novella (Kindle Edition)
I am surprised that Amazon charges for this. The writing style is appalling to the extent that it is painful to try to read, but the ideas are good. My feeling is that the author is actually quite a good tale-teller who might benefit from co-writing with a better wordsmith.

1.0 out of 5 stars All over the place, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: Out of Time: A Time Travel Novella (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't stick with it. It seemed to jump from one scenario to another. I intend to return and try again at some stage.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor science and badly written, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Out of Time: A Time Travel Novella (Kindle Edition)
As other reviewers have said, the science is largely nonsense, but the real problem is that the characterisation and dialogue sounds like it written by a 13-year-old.

ARRAY(0xa9df9378)