5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUS!
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by WOWO

3.0 out of 5 stars Not overwhelmed by it!
I saw the reviews for this book and decided to give it a go and I have to say I'm disappointed!

Published 19 months ago by Smee

5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUS!, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: Crappily Ever After (Kindle Edition)
A book I cant recommend highly enough. A modern day Scottish Bridgette Jones but 100 times more funnier. I absolutely loved the local references and wow reading this I could almost put myself into this book. Love the humour and the no punches barred comments that will have you in stitches, tears rolling down your face and sides sore with laughing. But also tears of sadness also with the storyline that I was so engrossed in the book. I have had sleepless nights not wanting to put the book down and first thing I did when I woke in the morning wanted to get to the end of the book. Well done Louise Burness and I will be recommending this to all my female friends and all my male friends as how not to be such idiots when it comes to women. This absolutely screams out "MAKE ME INTO A MOVIE!" roll on the next book please x

5.0 out of 5 stars A bouquet for Ms Burness!, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Crappily Ever After (Kindle Edition)
You can't beat a book a book filled to the brim with local references and familiar characters! I read this eagerly and laughed like a drain at people and landmarks I could easily visualise as our hero's adventures unravelled. I loved the use of north east Scottish vernacular and could almost hear the accent being spat out as I lovingly trawled tthe pages of Ms Burness' first published work. All too soon the tale concluded and couldn't bear the thought the end had arrived . . It did not disappoint. Louise draws on a rich tapestry of hilarious memories and warm characters to make this the ideal holiday read. Or rainy day material. Or Christmas gift . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Scottishness, 30 Nov 2011
This review is from: Crappily Ever After (Kindle Edition)
I love this book! Couldn't put it down! I laughed, I cried!

Louise gives Bridget Jones a run for her money!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Jun 2013
This review is from: Crappily Ever After (Kindle Edition)
My friend recommended this book to me as she loved it. I normally only read books like Martina Cole but I couldn't put this down. Really enjoyed it and would love to read another that follows Lucy and Mike`s relationship :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 12 Jun 2013
Jude Smith - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crappily Ever After (Kindle Edition)
This is a very good book if you like a long, quiet read. I enjoyed the first half of the book in London and Scotland much more than the second half where the lead characters move to Tenerife. I found the second half like other books I have read and seemed a different writing style. Still, a good book for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Crappily ever after, 8 Jun 2013
This review is from: Crappily Ever After (Kindle Edition)
Thought I'd read this as the author is local and surprisingly enough I couldn't put it down all in all read within 24 hrs found it light hearted with little touch of romance great

3.0 out of 5 stars Not overwhelmed by it!, 24 May 2013
Smee (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crappily Ever After (Kindle Edition)

I didn't think the story telling flowed particularly well - there seemed to be some anecdotes inserted in places where they really didn't fit which made the story a bit disjointed, in my opinion. Almost as if the author had too many stories to include but didn't really think about how they would fit together and in some places just sort of breezed over details which would've made the story more interesting, funny etc.

The book felt like it started off with real life stories (I could certainly relate to some of them, being a 30 something woman living in London!) but then seemed to mould into fiction with the move to Tenerife and the events that followed. I'm not sure if this style is the reason but I didn't laugh out loud once and felt the whole story had an air of unhappiness about it, even though there were some potentially funny situations. The writing just didn't do it for me unfortunately.
Obviously there were some happy and some sad parts to it but again, they weren't emotional enough to provoke an actual reaction. It just all felt a bit monotone, despite hearing the regional accents in my head!

Not the best book I've ever read, but also not the worst.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crappily Ever After great title for a book that certainly is not crap!, 3 Dec 2011
Mrs. J. Kent "hammersmith" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crappily Ever After (Kindle Edition)
Highly entertaining,makes you smile and brings a tear to your eye.The perfect blend for an enjoyable read. Don't think I have ever read Arbroath mentioned in a romantic ficion novel until now.

Bring on the the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 2 Dec 2011
stephanie (chiswick, london United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Crappily Ever After (Kindle Edition)
Loved it, loved it, loved it. Many great characters through out the story that kept me from putting the book down until i had finished it. I laughed and cried my way through it. Great book from a promising new author, lets hope theres more to come from Louise Burness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happily ever after, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Crappily Ever After (Kindle Edition)
A truly superb book funny in places and a bit sad in others but a really warm and enjoyable story.

Crappily Ever After