5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start
Published 17 months ago by Martin Sear

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't enjoy this at all
Didn't enjoy this at all. Standard plot line with no surprises. I didn't like any of the characters and I really couldn't care if any of them lived or died so at the end of the book, I don't want to spoil the ending, total apathy ruled.
Published 3 months ago by Silver Surfer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Rise and Fall: Book One of the Blood and Tears Trilogy (Blood and Tears Series 1) (Kindle Edition)
I must applaud the author. This is a tremendous opening to the trilogy. The characters development is fascinating, character's you immediately disliked at first you fall in love with and those you liked become monsters. The characters make the book and their psychological flaws and strengths create a very enjoyable story. The battle scenes are well described and the ending of the book leaves you wanting more. Great writing, great characters and the twists at the end have made this one of my favourite starts to a series. Moving straight on to book 2.....can't wait!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood and Tears Trilogy, 4 Jan 2014
John Preston (UK) - See all my reviews
excellent trilogy. gets better as you go. first book has some unlikable characters but the author cleverly develops them along the way. 80% into book 3, I had no idea how it would end! if you want entertaining and a feel good feeling at the end then dont hesitate to buy. (ignore the 1 star rating review some idiot has posted- it is ridiculous).

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read., 19 Jan 2014
Highly entertaining series that doesn't disappoint. The price doesn't reflect the quality of the book as you get a very polished and well thought out universe for the price of a packet of Tic Tacs. Lacks some of the complexity of larger fantasy series like ASOIAF and if you're familiar with the conventions of the Fantasy genre then some of the 'twists' can be seen coming.

This is a great read and one that I highly recommend. Make sure you read the entire series.

I look forward to reading the work by Joshua P. Simon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book from start to finish., 8 July 2014
Fantastic book. I spotted this book on offer just last week and thought I'd give it a try and I'm so glad I did I just couldn't stop reading it. I've recently finished the trilogy and for me it was one of the best I've had the chance to read. The author has written this book so well, the characters are fantastic and you'll have your own true favourites that stand out for you, but they're all equally fascinating and full of personality that you cant help but love everyone.
The story throughout the trilogy is brilliant, it's full of twists and turns that for me were unexpected and by the end of it I had no idea how it was going to end.

I'd seriously get this book and give it a go, and for the price it's a huge bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow start but excellent series, 26 Mar 2014
One of the best things I have found about getting a kindle is that it allows me to explore the works of self-published authors and the Blood and Tears trilogy is a perfect example of this.

I would echo what some other reviews have noted, in that this book does take a little while to get going. However, it is definitely worth persevering with the book and the series as a whole. The characterisation is really well developed and genuinely compelling whilst never slowing down the plot which moves along swiftly.

This is one of the best new fantasy series I have read in a while and I'd definitely recommend it to fans of the genre, especially at such a reasonable price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable and exciting, 12 May 2014
Enjoyable story laced with excitement. Look forward to reading the other books in the series. I can only guess at the twists and turns to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Trilogy!, 1 Nov 2014
I just finished Joshua P Simon's "Blood and Tears" trilogy. This is an excellent epic fantasy which follows two separate kingdoms and the exploits of a mercenary group rightfully named The Hell Patrol. Some wonderful battles, the clashes of sorcerers, politics, and some excellent characters.

A great read which I recommend to anyone who enjoys this genre. I'm about to start "Warleader, a short story set in the "Blood and Tears" world.

5.0 out of 5 stars hi a good book hi this is a really good book with ..., 19 Oct 2014
hi a good book
hi this is a really good book with a strong story going with it, again a cannot put it down sort of book the down side is to get to the end I have to wait till next year I think this is the down side of this book so who ever buy it must bear this in mind I feel this not very good
if I knew this I think I would not have bought it thnk you

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Jun 2014
S. Mawdsley (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this book as part of a large batch of cheap books in preparation for going away and couldn't put it down. Very good storyline, some excellent characters - bought the 2nd book immediately after.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Written Story, 13 May 2014
Great characters and some twists along the way - especially one that you won't see coming - looking forward to read book 2.