5.0 out of 5 stars Prayerful spiritual bliss, 9 Oct. 2011
Sarah Rehmatullah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Password (Audio CD)
Password introduces a different style to Deva Premal's previous CDs, and commences with Shyam! Narasimha, Sri Nanda-nandanastakam and aham prema - which all have a Mediterranean feel to them, with a warm relaxed mantra that flows in a slightly jazz tone. Mangalam is the fifth track on Password, and touches so deep, to the very sacred core of your soul, it is truly mesmerising, and thankfully is the longest track at over ten minutes, as this is such a beautiful track - I can imagine using it in my yoga or pranic breath work practice, to allow me to move deeply into a silent, sacred and pure space. The instrumentation, vocals and rhythm has a Middle Eastern feel, which I found most delightful. Om Dhara follows next, proving to me that this is a CD of surprises, as we move onto the warm Mediterranean feeling once again, but lighter, and has such a joyous melody. Nandana Gopala is the second of the deeply soulful tracks that touch the core of your with every mantra sounded. The mantras dance in every atom of your soul, and gave me the "goosebump" moment. The two more soulful tracks serve as an instant "Passport" or "Password" to enter sacred holy states within. The holy resonance of mantras feel like waves of the ocean gently touching your soul, encouraging you to release all that holds you in separation and limitation, and accept your God spark within as an ultimate truth, that you are borne of the divine, so you are divinity. Vocals by Miten and Manose add to the beauty and mystery of the track. The songs are a prayer to the divine that will move your mind, body and soul into the centre of peace, divinity, light and purity. Password CD completes with Mere Gurudev, a sweet prayerful reverent delicate song. Password features beautiful flute music by Manose. Favourite tracks of Pure Gaia: - Mangalam and Nandana Gopala.

Release dates:- itunes - Early September. The CD will be released in the US Sept 13, and globally Oct 11.

For your enjoyment, I include some information on the mantras used in the two songs I mentioned above. I researched these details after listening to the track and reviewing it. The information below is freely available on the website of Deva primal, and I recommend downloading the lyrics and CD notes.

MANGALAM
mangalam bhagavan vishnum mangalam garudadhwajah mangalam pundareekaksham mangalaya tano hari
Beloved Lord Vishnu is auspicious. Auspicious is His vehicle Garuda, the image on His flag. Auspicious are His lotus-like eyes-'So auspicious, His manifestation.
I love the word "auspicious." It reminds me of the divinity and the mystery that is behind the obvious, something that's just in the air and can be experienced as a pointer to the bigger picture. 'With this mantra we celebrate Vishnu, the energy of sustaining, of preserving, of protecting, of mercy and goodness.

NANDANA GOPALA
nandana gopala ananda svarupa
tejasvi moha haro karuna sagara prema bharo
gali gali hi nay tere dhwara karuna rasa prema bahara
O Nanda Gopal! Brilliant blissful One Ocean of compassion Fill me with love
Dispel all my confusion Every path has your door Compassionate nectar One You are a pure spring of love
Gopala, the name of Krishna as a baby, is the joyful presence of pure love. Blissful, compassionate, dispeller of confusion.'This song celebrates the sweet delight of being in `his' presence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deva does it again!, 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Password (Audio CD)
This album needs a little bit more listening to than some of Deva's others I think. I didn't love it on first hearing but the music enveloped me and pulled me in and now I love it. It's a bit different than some of the other CDs I have and I'm not sure I'd use this in my healing practice but, for me, it's wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely must have for Mantra fans., 28 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Password (Audio CD)
This is the latest album of Deva Premal, I absolutely love every Mantra on it. You really feel that Deva is very passionate about singing mantras, it goes far beyond singing, it opens your heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFULLY RELAXING, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Password (Audio CD)
This is the second of Deva Premal's cds I have bought and again I love it. So very relaxing and another I use during yoga. Her lovely voice is soothing and healing. A joyful an relaxing cd to listen to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicer than nice., 25 April 2015
Mr. John Heath "nufc masochist" (Guildford UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Password (Audio CD)
Probably one of the most underrated songstresses for many a long moon. The songs are sublime and Deva's singing is even more sublime. Just beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Password (Audio CD)
This is one of my favourite CDs from Deva Premall Miten and co. Beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 May 2015
This review is from: Password (MP3 Download)
beautiful and relaxing.