4.0 out of 5 stars Weird Choice...., 30 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Maria V. Snyder Collection: Poison Study / Storm Glass (Kindle Edition)
I bought and hungrily absorbed the amazing "Poison Study" in Paperback book in about November 2011. THEN ran straight to the shops and bought the followup... breathless over a book. I read voraciously yet this rarely happens that I run straight out like that. REALLY good! And the followup "Magic Study" is also great (slightly less so than "Poison" but still amazing!!!)

THEN I got a Kindle for Christmas 2011, and seeing this package in the Boxing Day Sale for 99p snapped it up "I already have Poison Study but will re-read happy - and to get volume 1 of Maria Snyder's new trilogy - amazing value!"

HOWEVER - Storm Glass turns out after 1 paragraph of reading - to be a follow-on from the whole "Study" trilogy.... so to me, this GREAT VALUE package deal is slightly weird as I stopped reading immediately.... don't want to read the first volume of what happened after "Fire Study" when I ain't got that yet, even if other reviews assure this is standalone..... essentially from my point of view this sampler constitutes "Book 1" and "Book 4" of the same story together- whereas "Vol 1" and "Vol 2" OR "Vol 1" and "Vol 1"of something ENTIRELY DIFFERENT would have been better!. How odd. As I said before, as a fan who wants to read "the lot" I instantly stopped reading Storm Glass on the first page, having enjoyed vols 1 and 2 of the "study" trilogy and wanting for sure to get Book 3 (whether it be Kindle or "hard copy")before proceeding as I don't want any surprises to be ruined!

For newcomers.... if you get a good deal, get this and taste it, at time of writing (Dec 2011) it's cheaper than Poison Study standalone in any format. Poison Study is an AMAZING ride. A unique world, a unique premise, an unusual and surprising heroine, supremely likable too.... at this price dive in! BUT just expect to have to buy vols 2 and 3 before reading Storm Glass - the second part of your purchased package - as it is effecitvely Volume 4 and not a new series completely. I promise you won't regret it. AMAZING books!

I just need to catch Vol 3 (Fire Study) before plunging into this one. But still a bargain!

5.0 out of 5 stars Maria V Snyder, 15 Mar. 2012
Mrs. Margaret Gove (Cumbria, UK) - See all my reviews
I have now read all Maria Snyder's books in these 2 series - twice. This is one story from each series, but the characters are linked. It made me want to read the others, which I did. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Poison Study's, 1 Feb. 2014
C. E. Platt "fantasy fool" (Lancashire UK) - See all my reviews
I absolutely loved this book. It was reccommended me by my daugther. I am now reading everything else like the Glass Studys and Mgic Studys. I think she is an execel.lent author, my congratulations to her