5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sounding dock!
I cannot understand the comment 'Waste of money' by Listener (19 Oct 2012). I reckon s/he must have a faulty unit, especially as their mains lead is a poor fit. I've been a keen hi-fi enthusiast for 30 years and I know a bad product when I hear one, as does my wife. This isn't one of them.

We've tested and used the Ideck 100 and 200 extensively and both are...
Published on 25 Nov. 2012 by RikW

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
This dock is bad. The sound is far too bassy, thumpy and pushy. Bass is out of control lots of times, and drowns out the detail in the mid range and treble.

Published on 19 Oct. 2012 by Listener

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sounding dock!, 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: iPod/iPhone Hifi Docking Station with Dual 100mm C-CAM Bass Drivers in Black (Electronics)

We've tested and used the Ideck 100 and 200 extensively and both are excellent value for the price, which is a lot lower than it was 18 months ago. There are impressive detail levels and a superbly balanced combination of transparency, excellent timing, punch, dynamics and bass tuning that get to the heart of whatever music is being played. We've listened via iPhone and iPad to music files, YouTube clips, TV catch up, etc. You won't get any dock handing all frequencies well all the time, but the Idecks are so good that any quibbles with bass extension or clarity that might arise are very easy to forgive or ignore, unless the product is faulty of course.

Yes, there are limitations to this unit, but you find out about them before buying anything like this. I found out there's no Airplay, no bluetooth, nor a sophisticated remote. The Ideck can't be battery operated. It also doesn't make tea for you in the morning! You don't buy such a dock and then blather about what it can't do. What it can do is often sound far better than you'd think it ought to for such a small unit.

"The remote's weight isn't evenly balanced". O...M...G!!! It weighs less than a ham sandwich, is just over 4 inches long and it isn't evenly balanced? And why would anyone want to ram the dock right up close to a wall when it appears to have a couple of ports on the rear? It only "sticks out" 2 inches, not 2 feet...

As for there being an audible hiss at low to moderate volumes, sounds like another clue that would get anyone sending it back for a check up or replacement. The one we bought buzzed when we took out a jack plug once, but we should have turned off the attached player and or the Ideck before doing so.

This, for £150, is easily a five star product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Docking Station, 2 Sept. 2012
I currently use a pair of old Silver S6's from Monitor Audio for my Hifi set up in the main living room and so know all about the qualities of this company. They seem to always get good reviews for the vast majority of their products and I must say I can only add to that as this docking station is absolutely fantastic!

It really does make listening to my iPod on anything other than headphones a real pleasure. The bass is really tight, deep and solid. The sound from even low quality MP3s is still exceptional and I'm yet to find a genre of music that I like that it can't handle.

In the general scheme of things this could be seen as a relatively expensive purchase but for me it has easily justified it's cost with the pure quality it puts out.

Just a quick comment about the remote control. This is a very odd thing, being in 2 halves and not your usual flat type, it has a curved bottom which means it sits on your table and wobbles. Very odd but quirky and solidly built. A nice little touch.

If you're looking for a cheap docking station for an iPod that you're not going to use very often and don't really care about the sound quality then look elsewhere. However, if you want your electronic files to sound as good as they do when you have some good headphones attached to your iPod then this is the one for you. It's worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant - Another quality product designed and engineered in the UK - A must have, 11 Nov. 2012
Wow what can I say, the I-deck 200 is a fabulous piece of kit. I have a Monitor Audio BX2 2.1 home cinema system so was very keen to see what the I-deck was like. All I can say for £149 is "WOW". I was very impressed with my BX2's but for a simple plug and play device you will struggle to find anything that comes remotely close to the audiophile experience the I-Deck 200 has to offer, especially at this price point - these used to be upwards of £400!!!

The sound is pin sharp accurate with just the right amount of bass and the treble is perfectly balanced without getting to lively. The only thing to make note of with this dock is that the sound stage is set and controlled by the I-pod's EQ setting. This maybe what caused the 1 star review previously. If you actually set you I-Pod's EQ to a setting that isn't "Bass Boost" (Hint Hint) the sound quality is simply beautiful. I listen to a real mixed bag of music from pop and rock through to classical and even film sound tracks. I find that the "Rock" EQ setting provides the best all round performance for me however it only take 2 seconds to quickly change the setting if things get a little out of control.

The lack of AirPlay may be frustrating for some but then with manufacturers like Monitor Audio your paying for the sound experience not the number of gimmicks it has up it sleeve.

One thing to note, when the Automatic Position Correction system kicks in, whenever it is unplugged and plugged back in again, the 3 test tones are quite loud. They only last about a second each but they did make me jump a little.

Other than that, this is a superb piece of equipment. Set the source EQ correctly and you will never want to stop listening to I-Deck 200. Monitor Audio have done themselves proud and it is a credit to British design and engineering in audio terms.
At £150 this is a bargain and must be snapped up before they go.

Well done Monitor Audio

5.0 out of 5 stars Good system especially for the price, 28 Oct. 2013
Good looking system with good sound. Remote seems a bit finicky but otherwise I'm definitely enjoying it. Happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound quality with a touch of design style., 17 April 2013
Excellent sound quality with a touch of design style.

Only negatives are that the ipod/iphone technology has moved on so only works with earlier ipods (4th gen touch)

It does have an aux input which i use while staying in hotels for the laptop for watching movies.

Wouild be great if there was a dac or usb input too but at the price there is no compettition.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking I pod deck, 20 Feb. 2013
I recently bought the I deck200 from one of the amazon retailers and I cant recommend it highley enough. It not only has a very good pedigree coming from the Monitor Audio stable the build and sound quality is superbe. I choose this after looking at a lot of decks and I know that it is not an all singing all dancing deck but what you get pound for pound is well worth it. No matter what type of music you throw at it the deck handles it with aplomb . Also it doesn't run out of steam when pushed like a lot of lesser rivals it has super bass and sparkling treble . The reviews on this piece of kit certainly don't lie. How anyone can say that this is not a great sounding I pod deck does not know what they are talking about . I already own an av set up from Monitor Audoi and knew that this would not disappoint .IF you are looking for a quality ideck to hear your music how it should sound and don't fancy shelling out £400 plus pounds then look no further because Monitor Audoi have made a super product that dose exactly what it says on the tin . The way the deck works with its own unique calibration system and powerfull ampflication is second to none , and when you think how much it was when it was first launched at £400 and now you can buy it for as little as £ 149 it's a no brainier . This deck is quality not quantity. It definatly deserves the 5 star rateing it's earned .

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain priced quality docking system, 20 Jan. 2013
I wanted to buy the zeppelin or the NAD viso 1 but couldnt justify the money for a "speaker". Had read the reviews of this but discounted it due to pricing (£400)and low number of additional functions. Looked at the bose sound dock 2 and saw the zeppelin mini on offer at £200 then read a forum that mentioned this unit and how it was only £150. did a bit of searching and bought if for under £130. Well I can honestly say its pretty amazing for that price. OK its not on par with my hi fi but as a docking station it is spot on and for the money it is realms better than the stuff i had tried at this sort of money in store. I was quite frankly amazed when I turned it on and played some tracks. The volume goes plenty high enough for most situations (not sure how it will manage our street parties!) but it doesnt distort like cheap units and has plenty of tone rather than just making a noise that resembles the original song. I would happily recommend this unit to anyone who wants a decent docking system but is loathed to pay out £200 plus for the decent branded stuff. only 4 left?? might get another for the kitchen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb speaker, 16 Jan. 2013
For the money this is a steal. Sound quality is exceptional and well balanced.
Remote is basic, but minor given overall package.

Device doesn't seem support blue tooth adapters, but does have aux in.

Considering buying another 1 for kitchen, just so good!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 14 Jan. 2013
I was surprised by the depth and detail of the docking station, even at low volumes. I was considering buying the B&W zeppelin air or arcam rCube, but a lot of the music on my iPod is compressed, and the more expensive docking stations can highlight poor quality audio. I am pleased with this purchase, and it was a bargain too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 19 Oct. 2012

The Automatic Position Correction system is terrible and often gets things badly wrong. Put it in front of a flat screen, object, some furniture or even a wall, and everything will sound muffled, with heavy bass clouding everything else. There are only 3 modes, not an infinitely variable rate that the APC will set bass at: wall, corner and clear space. Even on clear space mode, it can still give you an earache from being too bassy and boomy.

There's no natural warmth and richness in the sound. Docks will never replace proper mini hifi's with two speakers, and this dock is no exception. You're better off buying one like the Denon RCD-M39DAB with Epos ELS3, Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 or Dali Zensor speakers. It's more expensive, but you get much more for your money.

The remote's weight isn't evenly balanced. It's slightly heavier on the lower half. The buttons are too firm and hard to press down. The dock is slow to respond to the remote. Sometimes it doesn't receive the signal at all. There are only a few buttons including for volume and changing track, but changing track doesn't override your ipod settings. If you have your ipod set to repeat one track, you have to go to the ipod and change it. There's no A to B repeat, no sleep timer and no repeat track. There's no manual, only assembly instructions which say nothing about the remote.

The power connector at the back is a very poor fit and easily comes loose. It also sticks out a lot, so you can't put it right against a wall.

When you're less than a metre from it, and listening to music at low and moderate volumes, there's an audible hiss coming from it that doesn't go away.

The cloth grille isn't removable.