5.0 out of 5 stars Great value
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:14 Mins
I needed a USB 3.0 card for my external hdd but did not want to pay a lot for it. This is great value, I've done a speed test for you using this card and uploaded it
Published on 15 April 2012 by Simon

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy!
I would recommend not to buy this product. It has problems with win7x64. I stopped working once, than i fixed the drivers. Now, it stopped working again but i am unable to fix it anymore.
Published 21 months ago by tkc108

1.0 out of 5 stars don't buy!, 26 Mar 2013
This review is from: Anker® Uspeed Superspeed USB 3.0 PCI-E Express Card with 4 USB 3.0 Ports and 5V 4-Pin Power Connector for Desktops [one step to upgrade your PC to USB3.0] (Electronics)

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 19 Jan 2013
Bought one of these just before Xmas. Fitting was easy but the drivers were totally unstable on my Win7 64bit rig (blue screen of death when drivers loaded). The hardware may be ok but the poor quality drivers, manual & support makes this one to avoid - in my book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 15 April 2012
Length:: 1:14 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs Molex power cable, 8 Aug 2012
The card works just fine. I advise fitting the Molex power cable to the card BEFORE installing it.

A driver install disc is supplied - and needed. Just click on setup.exe if it doesn't autorun.

NB - Power cable is not supplied.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problems, 24 Dec 2012
I cannot prove that there was a technical issue with this PCI-E card but I can say that after using this for 5 days, two external hard drives and the dongle for my wireless keyboard ALL failed. The only thing they had in common was that they were all connected to this PCI-E card.

Coincidence? I personally doubt it. As soon as the card was removed, the problems stopped. These get good feedback so maybe I got a bad one. Bottom line is that I am MASSIVELY out of pocket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but PCI-E 2.0 x1 can't realistically support 4 fast USB 3 devices, 2 Jun 2012
On Windows, drivers are not found automatically via Windows Update, but they install easily using the companion CD. The card's VIA USB 3 controller is then correctly detected in device manager. Under Linux Mint (equivalently Ubuntu), the USB 3 xhcd_hcd driver module is loaded automatically when the device is detected, so in this case the card just worked. Under Gentoo I simply had to enable xHCD USB 3 support in the kernel configuration (Device Drivers -> USB -> xHCD).

USB 2 and USB 3 devices were successfully detected when plugged into the hub. Unfortunately the only available USB 3 device I have to hand at the moment is a flash drive which will has max read 60MB/s and max write 30MB/s. Therefore I didn't see any noticeable difference between the drive's performance when attached to a USB 2 or 3 port, simply because even the USB2 bus can just about handle this drive's maximum speeds.

Therefore, I can't directly comment it's performance for USB 3. However, what I can say is this: PCI Express 2.0 x1, according to Wikipedia, has a bandwidth of 4GBps. Now, each USB 3 port is supposed to support 5GBps. Obviously we don't actually expect all our USB 3 devices to run at 5GBps, but there are four ports on the card. My point therefore, is that if you have four fast USB 3 devices attached, all sharing the PCI-E bandwidth, you can't hope for more than 1GBps each, (125MB/s), a fifth of USB3's claimed 5GBps. Therefore, if you're buying a PCI-E 2.0 x1 USB 3 card, maybe it makes more sense to get one with only two ports. This is what lost the product a star, but given the low price, I am still happy with my purchase: even if I can't get full USB 3 speeds on all the ports, I have still added four new fast USB ports at relatively low cost.

Note about hardware installation - initially had a little difficulty getting this into the case. It appeared to be too small to reach the back panel, but it turned out in fact that the bracket wasn't successfully sliding into it's slot in the case side. So when you're installing this, make sure the bracket slides in correctly (in the end I had to remove my graphics card to see what I was doing). Anyway, other USB 3 cards appear to have identical dimensions, so this isn't really the fault of this card, but just something to bear in mind.

1.0 out of 5 stars Installation is easy....just one detail: it doesn't work, 13 Dec 2012
Hardware installation is simple. However, I can't get it work under Windows Vista 32-bit. Right away, the driver installation crashed. I tried several more times, same result. After disabling almost everything not necessary to be running on my PC and a series of manual uninstalls of whatever was installed by running setup.exe the first time and reboots, I got the drivers manually installed from the device manager by simply navigating to the driver location on the CD. However, it still doesn't work...none of the four ports will recognize my USB 3.0 external drive, not even in USB 2.0 mode. I've also tried two different sources of power through the molex connector on the card, even two different cables, but with the same result. Plugging the same drive, using the same cable, into any of my other USB 2.0 ports works fine. Additionally, when plugging the drive into any of the four ports, sometimes the light on the drive lights up blue, sometimes green. I'm assuming blue should mean USB 3.0, but regardless of the light color, the drive is simply not recognized by Windows. If the card/drivers are not compatible with certain motherboard chipsets (as I suspect), this should be documented somewhere.....which it is not. My motherboard is Asus Rampage Formula with Intel X48 chipset. Regardless of the other mostly positive reviews here, since it doesn't work for me and there are no incompatibility warnings, I have no choice but give it only one star. I'll update this review if I find out anything new.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 26 July 2012
Product arrived today installed it into my Windows 7 system and installed the driver software. It worked first time with no problems.
Rate this product 4/5 and would recommend it

2.0 out of 5 stars Anker USB 3.0 PCI express, 26 Jan 2012
reached 3 times faster than that of USB 2.0. on my setup,easy installation,you need a Standard 4-pin power connector,up to press it works like a charm,and it is selling at a good price,all in all a good buy.

update
this Anker USB 3.0 PCI express card crapped out on me two months later would not work at all, went straight in the dustbin, have to drop it's rating. two stars only be cause it worked great until it died.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 12 Jun 2013
Easy to install but an additional power splitter cable was required. It works well but I have not measured the speed. Overall it seems very good value.