Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 20 June 2013
If you are dead space fan, that's for you! It will give you all the answers about the unitology and how the marker effects human brain.
But the main thing: YOU WILL DISCOVER WHO ALTMAN IS!!!
VINE VOICEon 28 March 2011
I managed to finish this book, though it dragged on somewhat.

The chapters are nice and short which is how I like them, but they only seemed to serve as 'just that', in that each chapter started basically as the next sentence on from the previous. Usually I find that chapters begin a new section in the story-telling - these did not. These were mere 'gaps' between what would otherwise have been a solid block of writing.

I felt no warmth or empathy with any of the characters - even when they were in trouble, namely; it was a 'mission' the main character 'Altman' appeared to be on - the rest of the characters seemed inconsequential, and simply there to make the story more 'credible'.

The whole book is basically a 'build up' to nothing... The somewhat 'red-herring' finale (for me at least) lasts around fifty or so pages. I was rather disappointed, as I was curious as to what 'The Marker' actually was, and was intrigued enough into thinking that it was more 'intricate' and would result in an exciting ending for what was for me a pretty hard going read which would answer a lot of questions and make it all worthwhile. As it was, to me it seemed 'The Marker' was an inanimate lump of rock? that held no presence for me, but for those in the story, and I could not see the connection between this and the 'creatures' that were sprouting tentacles, multiple heads, along with images of the characters dead relatives...

The Game may be better than this, but for me, this did not work as a sci-fi novel...

Disappointing...
on 3 April 2013
Definitely not the type of storytelling expected from a Dead Space franchise entry but hits all the right notes and tells a relatable, fitting and believable story.
on 19 June 2016
Having played the 3 games in the series I found this an excellent beginning to the series. It expands the origins in ways you might not expect. A must for any fan
on 15 May 2013
Just Buy It, It's gory, informative and gives you a real in depth backstory to Michael Altman and the Church Of Unitology
on 21 May 2013
Must have for all the Dead Space geeks! Excellent read and I'm looking forward to reading Catalyst very, very soon.
on 3 November 2015
A must for dead space fans. Not as good as Catalyst though.
on 12 June 2015
Great item, in perfect condition, thank you :)
on 12 October 2014
LOVE IT, JUST A GREAT ADAPTATION OF THE GAME FROM THE OTHER SIDE!
on 12 December 2014