5.0 out of 5 stars Small, easy to carry & very handy!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 9:02 Mins
Published on 31 Dec. 2011 by MyKeyReviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if only it lasted more than three months!!
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, easy to carry & very handy!, 31 Dec. 2011
MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: IncrediSonic Ultra Play IMP150 - HD TV Digital Mini Media Player - 1080p - Play any file from USB HDDs/Flashdrives/Memory Cards (Electronics)
Length:: 9:02 Mins

IncrediSonic's Mini HD Media Player is surprisingly one of the most handy little media devices I have ever owned, I've had a media player with an inbuilt memory which was worth £90 at the time, and I can honestly say I prefer this little device, even if it means having to connect an external HDD, the interface is much smoother and better overall.

The contents for this product are:
* Main media hub.
* Power Adaptor.
* A/V Cable.
* Remote control (batteries included).

Those who want to view in full HD(on compatible TV's), you will need to buy a HDMI cable: Wired--up v1.3A HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable for HD TV's/ Xbox 360/ PS3.

It's a really simple device; you connect either the AV cable(provided) or HDMI to the TV, and the other end goes into the hub, connect the power cord and you're done!

The interface is extremely user friendly, it's a basic yet not too bland design that anyone could navigate around with no problems.

There were one or two issues I had with this product, but it was to do with the remote control:

1) There is a dark patch of background on the remote, but the text is black thus making it hard to read the text in this area, if it were a brighter colour, or white text, this issue wouldn't exist.

2) When viewing photos, it's easy to zoom in, but to zoom back out you need to keep zooming in until it pops back out, or alternatively you can skip to the next picture where it will reset the zoom.

3) No "Fit too screen" option, this would be a bonus, but it does display photos fine regardless.

Those issues aside, I've had a good experience with this product and find it very useful. Although I have a PS3 which I can view video files on through a USB stick, there are some limitation to certain file extensions and a lot of the time I get an "unsupported format" message(even some PC's can struggle reading certain files), but with IncrediSonic's HD media player that issue is non-existent, this device can support pretty much every file extension available!

Not only does it support USB's & SDHC's/MMC's, it can read from external HDD's, U-Disks and apparently even E-Books too!

Due to it's size it makes it very portable, whilst not being able to play on the go(unless you have a power source and output display), you can bring this device a long with your external HDD with films on it and view them on a TV around a friends house or hotel, you could even hook it up to a projector for a business meeting to show some video.

So many possibilities, so top stars from me!

► Note: I received this product in exchange for an unbiased review.

♦ EDIT - 27th December 2012 ♦

Turns out IncrediSonic have listened to peoples feedback about the remote control, anyone who buys this product from now on will get the updated version which not only looks better, has a clearer layout and of course has a "Zoom-Out" button as well as Zoom-In".

♦ EDIT - Questions Answered ♦

I have put some questions I have answered here, hopefully this will quickly help people who are wondering the same thing:

- Subtitled extensions compatible: 'SMI' | 'ASS' | 'SSA' | 'SRT' | 'SUB' | 'SUB+IDK' | 'TXT'.

- DTS sound is supported.

- To my knowledge, you can't make playlists.

- You can fast-forward and rewind at speeds of; 1.5x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x when watching video files.

- You can view the video/audio information, file name, how long the video is as well as how far you are into it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if only it lasted more than three months!!, 30 July 2014
Such a shame! Stopped working after just a few months. I was initially very impressed with this little media player for all the reasons already listed by other reviewers. Compact, seemingly well made and definitely plays most (almost all) formats of movies, photos & audio files and plays them in superb quality including HD which looks great on a 1080 HD TV. I bought it to enable my daughter, who lives away from home, to view video and photos on her TV So both families are now very disappointed that it has suddenly stopped working altogether after about three months of occasional use. The unit just does not "power on" we have checked the external power supply and this is ok and have tried a substitute power supply (of correct rating of course) but the problem seems to be with the unit itself. As I said, such a shame (especially as out of warranty) - on the other hand if you want a good mini HD media player but only need it for about three months then this might be the one to buy. Very disappointing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Media Player, 15 Jun. 2012
S. J. Hooper - See all my reviews
I got this to replace an Xtreamer media player which cost around £100 a year ago. After a days use I'm really happy with it.

It has a metal case, not plastic which I was expecting, which means it feels sturdy and well made. It came well packaged in a nice box and arrived 3 days after ordering on super saver delivery.

The player turns on quickly and is very nearly silent under use, the menu is simple and opens up to 5 main categories, one for each media type then a settings option. Under settings you can choose picture quality (it put my TV as 720p by default but was easily changed to 1080p), Language, Sound etc.

The player is quick to respond to button presses on the remote, and loading long lists of files doesn't take long at all, if you are repeatedly pressing down to search through a list it will start going down a page at a time which is a nice touch.

When playing files if you stop a video then go back to play it again it asks whether you would like to resume from where you last stopped which is another nice touch for a cheaper device.

My one gripe as has been mentioned is the remote, you do have to aim it pretty directly at the box, and the layout of the buttons is a little confusing but easy enough to get used to.

Overall I would recommend this to anyone looking for a cheap media player to put video or music files on your TV, very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect little gadget, 18 Jan. 2012
Couldn't be happier!! Firstly I opened the box and was surprised at home small it is. Its about the same size as a pack of cigarettes so it sits nicely next to my tv without getting in the way.

It works perfectly and does exactly whats expected of it. There's a very good menu system which is easy to navigate with the remote provided.

So far I've had no problem with any of the picture/music or video files I've tried with it using a memory stick. I'm planning on buying a small external hard drive so that I can transfer my dvd box sets onto it to save all the disk swapping and save wear and tear.

Only a couple of very minor bad points, which are as people have mentioned previously. Firstly the bright blue power led can be annoying but i plan on just covering it over!

Secondly there are no controls on the box itself, only on the remote so if you break it then you'll have to buy a new box!! I do use a universal remote control however so I've programmed that to operate the box on keep the original remote safe. Problem solved!

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 21 May 2013
easy to wire up but it only lasted 15 min switched its self off that was .it would not come back on again waste of money

3.0 out of 5 stars Good player but there are issues if you plan to connect to a PC monitor, 21 April 2013
This IncrediSonic box is your typical media player, which you use to view movies, pictures and play music which you download from the Internet. It basically plays every format out there, lets you view subtitles however you please and will stretch your non-widescreen movies to fill the screen at the touch of a button. It won't make you a cup of coffee but then nothing is perfect.

If you plan to connect it to a PC monitor however, then you will need to purchase a HDMI cable (if the monitor has a HDMI input) or said cable and a DVI adapter. It is understandable they did not include the HDMI cable to keep costs down, but you won't be able to connect this box to a monitor using the analogue cable.

Also, you can use the HDMI output (the player will detect this automatically) or the analogue output, but not both at the same time. Why is this a big deal you may ask? The HDMI output carries both picture and sound, so if you want to connect the audio to external speakers then your monitor must have an audio line out connector. If it doesn't, you are stuck with the monitor's speakers, which in my case sound quite puny and frankly much worse than my external Creative speakers.

An alternative to using a media player such as this one, although more expensive, might be to use a videogame console such as the Playstation 3, which allows you to connect the audio to external devices, or a Blu-ray player such as the Sony BDPS185B.CEK SMART which can handle most media files.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant convenient and mobile., 5 April 2013
I've had it close to two years now and its Brilliant. Plays all formats. My only complaint is a lot of the volume output is extremely quiet and requires my TV to be at full volume just to hear it. However its small and compact and very portable and coupled with a 64GB flashdrive I have over 80 plus films on anyones TV via a convenient HDMI lead in glorious high definition. So when I go to friends or relations I can take the childrens favourite films and TV shows to keep them quiet. I was also able to use this on the TV in my hotel room abroad, on TV sets in caravans. It will also play via USB lead from my 3TB external hard drive.

It gives excellent quality high definition video plys avi, Xvid & mkv formats (including subtitles) flawlessly. Its small easy to store or carry in a jacket pocket to any destination, which makes it the best buy possible in a media player. I highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best, 14 Sept. 2013
R. P. Kelly - See all my reviews
Having bought the Cyclone Micro and the Designer Habitat (twice) I would heartily recommend getting this product instead - based just on the remote control alone. So far it is more reliable than the others.

4.9.2014

A year after that review and it is still going strong. My remote control got damaged (Top tip: don't leave it on the floor!) and customer services were very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little device, 15 Feb. 2015
Miss T. Inglis (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is the first media player I have bought and I am extremely pleased with my purchase. I was looking for a cheap one to try as my DVD player only plays avi files. I read the reviews on Amazon and decided on this one and it was the cheapest which was a bonus. I have only used it to watch movies so far so can't comment on the music or photo aspects of it yet. So far I have played avi, mp3, mkv and divx files on it and they all play perfectly. I bought an hdmi cable to go with it for a few quid which makes the viewing HD. It's really easy to set up, just plug it in, hook the hdmi cable up to your tv and switch it on, I put my 32g usb stick in it and i was off and running. It's not even the size of a deck of cards so only takes up a tiny space. Some have mentioned that the remote isn't great, I can't say I have had any bother with it myself, it's not state of the art but does the job. The only down side is that there is a bright blue light on the front when switched on which might bother some people, I just put a little sticker over it. Would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product. I got mine just recently, 24 Jan. 2015
Amazing product. I got mine just recently . I also purchased a second hand Digital TV from a local second hand shop for £20. I recorded films and music on an SD card and USB stick both of which are inserted in the front of this device. The outputs at the back are AV (Audio/Video) and HDMI. Only a cable for the former is supplied. So plugging one end of the cable to the AV output on the device and the other end to the AV input in the Telly, and there you have it. The films and music play on the telly as good if not better than on a laptop.

There are two points here. First I have now freed up my laptop from two of its major uses viz. film and music playback. Second while a decent laptop can cost from £300 - £1000, I achieved two of its major uses for under forty quid!!! So while the IncrediSonic may not have a Pentium i3 in its electronic inventory it does a pretty good job in playing digitally stored films and music on a TV. Don't think buy this little baby.